Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 21:16   #2236
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Hi People,

I am planning to buy a 2 Ton, split Ac for my lobby. Really really confused between Hitachi & O General.

I have been to O General website, their branch is located in Okhla, i am putting in Gurgaon.

Would really appreciate, if somebody could kind me to select between Hitachi or O General split Ac?

Also would seek advise for a good dealer. I have been to Croma, but they don't stock O General only Hitachi is there in the stock.

I already have one Hitachi (window) but not really satisfied as it makes alot of noise but cooling is great.

Thanks

Amit
Old 11th December 2011, 01:13   #2237
Senior - BHPian

@amitpunjani

Just get the General it is the thing to have for open door(s) duty areas such as lobbies & foyers etc.

How does it matter where their office is, they have dealers all over. Just call them up and they will put you in touch with the dealer for your area.
Old 11th December 2011, 11:17   #2238
BHPian

Hi All,
I need suggestions for a 1.5 AC that would take on lot voltage fluctuations prevalent in my area. Currently I am using a Carrier 1.5 Ton - it is not able to run in low voltages and requires lot of repairs.
Kindly suggest.
Old 11th December 2011, 12:16   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Hi All,
I need suggestions for a 1.5 AC that would take on lot voltage fluctuations prevalent in my area. Currently I am using a Carrier 1.5 Ton - it is not able to run in low voltages and requires lot of repairs.
Kindly suggest.
Most AC will not run at low voltages. Even when they do, they run at very low efficiency and cooling is low. As suggested by many in previous posts, get a step up transformer - manual type if the low voltage is persistent, else an automatic one. I prefer a servo voltage stabiliser, but that is pretty expensive - you will need a 3-4 KVA one.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 19:52   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Most AC will not run at low voltages. Even when they do, they run at very low efficiency and cooling is low. As suggested by many in previous posts, get a step up transformer - manual type if the low voltage is persistent, else an automatic one. I prefer a servo voltage stabiliser, but that is pretty expensive - you will need a 3-4 KVA one.
Thanks for the suggestion. My AC mechanic said that step up transformers will be bulky and expensive for home use. That is when I thought about other options. Is it true? Further I felt frequent maintenance of current AC might be related to too many cut off by the stabilizer and that is why I wanted to know about some 'rugged' AC that can take on such cut offs.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 11th December 2011 at 20:00.
Old 12th December 2011, 11:19   #2241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. My AC mechanic said that step up transformers will be bulky and expensive for home use. That is when I thought about other options. Is it true? Further I felt frequent maintenance of current AC might be related to too many cut off by the stabilizer and that is why I wanted to know about some 'rugged' AC that can take on such cut offs.
I think that DC motor "Inverter" AC will be more rugged. They do not switch off, but reduce the speed of motor to match the AC cooling rate to that required. The downside may be that though the mechanical design may be rugged, the electronics may not be. Check the manufacturer's literature. If the input voltage range is wide - 170-270, then all is fine, else it is just as bad as a normal AC at low voltage.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 16:26   #2242
Senior - BHPian

If the cutoff point is an issue for you, look at Inverter a/c's. I am using them. But remember, if you are going to use it for short bursts, the bill will shoot up coz the compressor wont get to switch off.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 10:26   #2243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@amitpunjani

Just get the General it is the thing to have for open door(s) duty areas such as lobbies & foyers etc.

How does it matter where their office is, they have dealers all over. Just call them up and they will put you in touch with the dealer for your area.
Thanks Buddy,

Could you please tell me which is the some reliable dealer for General AC in Gurgaon, would prefer near Palam Vihar.
Old 17th December 2011, 11:06   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Thanks Buddy,

Could you please tell me which is the some reliable dealer for General AC in Gurgaon, would prefer near Palam Vihar.
Go through this Link, It will help you

:: Welcome to the OGENERAL AIR CONDITIONERS :::
Old 17th December 2011, 16:30   #2245
Senior - BHPian

Contact 'Gautam' on 9899117822 he is a part of the sales team in Delhi NCR and should be able to guide you regarding dealer(s) etc. In case you are referred to a dealership called 'Cool breeze Aircon Pvt Ltd.' do take a competing quote. This dealership is very sound technically but their associated charges are way over the market rates.

In Palam Vihar you could try out the Croma store in Ansal Plaza on the 30 meter sector road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Thanks Buddy,

Old 9th January 2012, 21:18   #2246
BHPian

Hello Guys need some advise.

Jan is still in but i feel Bangalore is getting warmer and i believe that summer is not far away. So have started to look around for AC's. My requirement - 2 bedrooms for 130 Sq Ft and have calculated that 1 Ton would be sufficient & 5 Start is mandatory.

I have looked at LG 1 Ton - 28500/- Including Stabilizer+installation
Panasonic 1 Ton - 29000/-Including Stabilizer+installation
Hitachi 1.2 Ton - 38000/- Including Stabilizer+installation

Please advise which would be the best one. I was looking at LG / Panasonic from price point
Old 9th January 2012, 21:28   #2247
Senior - BHPian

You are looking in the right direction. Of the three Panasonic is your best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
Please advise which would be the best one. I was looking at LG / Panasonic from price point
Old 10th January 2012, 15:15   #2248
Senior - BHPian

Of the three I have heard good things about Panasonic.

Hitachi might be needed if Summers go above 40 which they do in Ahmedabad. Is it the Logicool?

Also, I got a videocon 1 tonne because it was an awesome deal. It is 5 star and does its job like any quality ac should. But I am not recommending an Onida or Videocon unless you are good at picking a quality unit by yourself.

PS: A good installer will do more wonders than going for a 5-star ac.
Old 10th January 2012, 15:23   #2249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
Hello Guys need some advise.

Jan is still in but i feel Bangalore is getting warmer and i believe that summer is not far away. So have started to look around for AC's. My requirement - 2 bedrooms for 130 Sq Ft and have calculated that 1 Ton would be sufficient & 5 Start is mandatory.

I have looked at LG 1 Ton - 28500/- Including Stabilizer+installation
Panasonic 1 Ton - 29000/-Including Stabilizer+installation
Hitachi 1.2 Ton - 38000/- Including Stabilizer+installation

Ouch ! You seem to be looking for some highly spec'd ACs. I was in the market looking for a 1TON a year ago and finally settled with a VOLTAS VERTIS 1TON for 18000 (all inclusive). Did the services on time, and I do ensure that the compressor runs for at least half an hour once every week during the NON-summer days. Life has been beautiful during the summer days ever since except for the times when friends just make reasons to come and stay over at my place during weekends!!!
Old 10th January 2012, 17:44   #2250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Ouch ! You seem to be looking for some highly spec'd ACs. I was in the market looking for a 1TON a year ago and finally settled with a VOLTAS VERTIS 1TON for 18000 (all inclusive). Did the services on time, and I do ensure that the compressor runs for at least half an hour once every week during the NON-summer days. Life has been beautiful during the summer days ever since except for the times when friends just make reasons to come and stay over at my place during weekends!!!
Wow that sounds like a good deal. Was it a Split & a 5 star rating one?

Devarshi - A good installer will do more wonders than going for a 5-star ac. - can you please throw some light on the same on how can installer help in lower power consumption

Last edited by Chalu : 10th January 2012 at 17:46.

Most Viewed