Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2013, 12:30   #3181
BHPian

Re: Daikin Complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
I had the same experience - the installer did not vacuum the system despite the installation instructions clearly mentioning that it is required.
The Installer has now promised to refill with gas after vacuuming properly (within a few days).
When I asked him to quote the charges, he said 'We will talk about it later'.
It think he will do it free-of-charge since he feels guilty.
Anyway I am prepared to pay up-till Rs.1,500 if it solves my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
<earlier post>
sgiitk had posted a gas leak problem in his Daikin-Inverter just a few weeks old recently, and he reported that performance was great after it was re-filled (R410 gas).

So SIr, was it vacuumed during both the installs?

Quote:
Now I am only a bit conversant about air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment and their innards, but the new ODU runs very silently, there's a slight sloshing sound much like sound of water running thru pipes (ODU side). The manual says this sound is normal. Hopefully its not the sound of moisture in the system. Can someone please confirm?
My 'whoosh' sound may be the same as your sloshing sound, but I can hear it only in the IDU.The ODU is very silent.

Last edited by manim : 21st June 2013 at 12:35.
Old 21st June 2013, 12:59   #3182
BHPian

My Split ac Daikin has started dripping water inside the room. I called my regular service guy who had installed it as well. He cleaned it about 2 months back, but inspite of that it starts leaking every week. I opened the front panel and saw no dirt on the filter or grill. I have been going outside and cleaning the water outlet pipe with a stick and this stops for awhile. It looks like there is dirt accumulating in this pipe. Any suggestions on what to do? I have called the Daikin service center today but I don't want to pay them for something that will again recur in a weeks time.
Should I have the outlet water pipe changed? The wall will have to be opened up for this...
The outlet water pipe is just about 6 inches in length. Could that be the reason? Should I attach an extension to this? My other acs have this extension.
However this Ac ran fine for 7 months before this issue surfaced.
Old 21st June 2013, 13:50   #3183
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Does your drainpipe have a natural slant to allow the water to flow out easily and does not hold back? The ac installation at my previously rented home had this issue with the result water used to flow via grill. It resulted in rusting of joints near the gas outlet pipe leaking gas slowly. Finally had to change the components near the junction costing me close to 5K.
Old 21st June 2013, 14:49   #3184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
sgiitk had posted a gas leak problem in his Daikin-Inverter just a few weeks old recently, and he reported that performance was great after it was re-filled (R410 gas).

So SIr, was it vacuumed during both the installs?
Not the first time. Considering that barely 2.5m (each) of copper pipe was used, I am inclined to agree with the installation guy that the volume of air was minuscule when compared to the amount of refrigerant (~1kg). Also, to vacuum, you need to remove the charge, and the replacement may not be that pure. The second time round he did evacuate and then then charge.

They had to get the gas from Daikin Lucknow.
Old 21st June 2013, 20:56   #3185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
You're welcome!
Anup ji, I am thinking of fitting a AVS30 to each phase of my home's 3 Ph power supply. It will be connected between the Electricity Board/Utility power supply from the meter room and the homes main distribution board. This way it will protect each electrical appliance from OV or UV problems plus take care of surges coming in from the feeder to the home.

In case of automatic disconnection of the lighting or "domestic" phase by the AVS, the inverter will take over. Each AC is connected to a separate phase to avoid overloads.

A couple of queries:

a) Can the AVS30 input and output terminals accept 4 sq. mm or 6 sq. mm wire?

b) Is this recommended? Or do you suggest I use a separate unit for each white goods appliance I wish to protect i.e. the fridge and 3 AC units. My AV systems and PCs are protected and backed up by 1.5/2.2 KVA APC UPSes.

I am trying for a 100A Sollatek AVS to protect the entire home. Sent a query to Sollatek India but it seems one or more people are sleeping on the job. No response for 3 days.

Last edited by R2D2 : 21st June 2013 at 20:58.
Old 21st June 2013, 21:58   #3186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My present problem is that I do not get any error-codes, rather there is a intermittent 'whoosh' noise from the fan and the cooling suffers
When this 'whoosh' noise is observed, is the air coming out of the indoor unit reduced and unsteady in volume? I have experienced something similar on my Blue Star after the unit has been running for a while. Never quite figured out what causes it. This would generally be the result of a dirty filter causing restricted air flow but the filter is clean. If I turn off the unit for sometime, say an hour and then turn it back on, the 'whoosh' noise is not present but it will come back after a while. I have noticed this once the room has cooled down and in situations where the unit is working over time to cool the room. When the 'whoosh' noise starts on my indoor unit, volume of air coming out of the indoor unit is not as much and it is not steady.

There is another noise and can be heard only on close attention. Its the same noise you get when you open the regulator valve of a renewed gas cylinder in your home. The noise of gas traveling through the rubber hose. This is normal and is the sign of refrigerant making its way into the system. You hear it just when you start the unit. The noise goes after a few seconds.
Old 21st June 2013, 22:06   #3187
BHPian

Was a big fan of Hitachi. The first one lasted more than a decade. In that belief replaced it with Hitachi QC summer cool. 2 yrs and a few months. second time the fan went for a six. Funny thing is it cost as much as General. Bought a LG 1.5 to replace. will have to get the fan motor changed (4.5 K) plus service charge taxes etc.

Panasonic seems to be the best from personal experience.
Old 22nd June 2013, 10:33   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Does your drainpipe have a natural slant to allow the water to flow out easily and does not hold back? The ac installation at my previously rented home had this issue with the result water used to flow via grill. It resulted in rusting of joints near the gas outlet pipe leaking gas slowly. Finally had to change the components near the junction costing me close to 5K.
A lot of care and emphasis was taken during installation for the outlet pipe installation. I am going to open it up myself to see the situation. Got great instructions from BHPian YaeJay on the cleaning. Will check and revert.
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:34   #3189
BHPian

Quote:
They had to get the gas from Daikin Lucknow
My recharge job is fixed on Monday. They said they will procure the gas locally and not from Daikin though (maybe because it is out of warranty). So I am worried about the quality.

Quote:
Also, to vacuum, you need to remove the charge, and the replacement may not be that pure
I thought that for a new factory-gas-filled install, the vacuuming is done only on the IDU side (the refrigerant being on the ODU side) ?
Old 22nd June 2013, 13:50   #3190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My recharge job is fixed on Monday. They said they will procure the gas locally and not from Daikin though (maybe because it is out of warranty). So I am worried about the quality.
This is surprising.

Has this been routed thru Daikin's customer care? If yes, they will send an authorised service agent with the correct & OE certified gas to your premises.

Quote:
I thought that for a new factory-gas-filled install, the vacuuming is done only on the IDU side (the refrigerant being on the ODU side) ?
Vacuuming is done on the ODU at the gas (low pressure) line. The jig is connected to the gas line's service port.

They suggest vacuuming the IDU pipes when additional refrigerant is being filled for e.g. when pipes > 10m in length or if gas pressure is lower than specs.
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:54   #3191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post

A lot of care and emphasis was taken during installation for the outlet pipe installation. I am going to open it up myself to see the situation. Got great instructions from BHPian YaeJay on the cleaning. Will check and revert.
I opened up my daikin and posted pics of the install. There isn't much dust on the grill and also I notice a small bump for the water outlet pipe on the inside that it needs to overcome to flow out. I insulated this pipe with tape and also attached an extension to the outside portion. Will update if water still flows in. I am using the Ac with a ceiling fan running, maybe will try without it the next time.
Attached Thumbnails
The home / office air-conditioner thread-image279187295.jpg  

The home / office air-conditioner thread-image1773931648.jpg  

The home / office air-conditioner thread-image29833645.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2013, 19:18   #3192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
My Split ac Daikin has started dripping water inside the room. I called my regular service guy who had installed it as well. He cleaned it about 2 months back, but inspite of that it starts leaking every week. I opened the front panel and saw no dirt on the filter or grill. I have been going outside and cleaning the water outlet pipe with a stick and this stops for awhile. It looks like there is dirt accumulating in this pipe. Any suggestions on what to do? I have called the Daikin service center today but I don't want to pay them for something that will again recur in a weeks time.
Should I have the outlet water pipe changed? The wall will have to be opened up for this...
The outlet water pipe is just about 6 inches in length. Could that be the reason? Should I attach an extension to this? My other acs have this extension.
However this Ac ran fine for 7 months before this issue surfaced.
My 1 year old Onida split AC had an issue of water drop from inside. The mechanic opened up the indoor unit and removed the dirt and advised me not connect the drain pipe to the outside plastic pipe. I live in an apartment and we have a provision of pipes for AC water draining. He removed the AC drain pipe and left it open. Till now it works flawlessly. No water leakage from inside. Reason: he tells me that sometimes the plastic pipes get blocked and on account of this water is unable to flow and is returned to the indoor unit hence causing the leakage. Shocked:
Old 24th June 2013, 22:32   #3193
BHPian

Quote:
This is surprising.

Has this been routed thru Daikin's customer care? If yes, they will send an authorised service agent with the correct & OE certified gas to your premises.
Yes, I had raised an official complaint on their web-site and got a response by email and SMS from Daikin. The service guys are Daikin authorized.

The recharge work has been postponed for tomorrow.
Hopefully the problem gets solved and I will be a happy guy tomorrow evening when I post my feedback on this thread!
Old 27th June 2013, 07:29   #3194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....Sent a query to Sollatek India but it seems one or more people are sleeping on the job. No response for 3 days.
Sorry for the late response; I was out of town and not 'enabled'!

There used to be a Mr. Vinod who was handling Sollatek sales in Delhi. Knowledgeable and helpful man.
Mobile: +91 9990431427.
Old 27th June 2013, 11:08   #3195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Sorry for the late response; I was out of town and not 'enabled'!

There used to be a Mr. Vinod who was handling Sollatek sales in Delhi. Knowledgeable and helpful man.
Mobile: +91 9990431427.
Thanks for this Anup ji. I contacted Sollatek India in Mumbai and was put thru to their Pune representative.

They delivered an AVS303 which is a 3 Phase, 37A/phase AVS. It looks pretty ugly but protects the entire house. I wanted the 43A model but it is out of stock till the next shipment arrives in about 1-2 months. The price is also prohibitive.

http://www.sollatek.com/product/avs303/

The ACs will be fitted with the smaller AVS30 that you have suggested. This will help me fine tune the LV/HV shutoff points for each AC as operating voltage range differs from model to model.

Installation to begin early next week. My new fridge will be treated to a Sollatek stabiliser. Sudden influx of Sollatek products here.

Quote:
The recharge work has been postponed for tomorrow. Hopefully the problem gets solved and I will be a happy guy tomorrow evening when I post my feedback on this thread!
Manim, hope the issue got resolved?

Last edited by R2D2 : 27th June 2013 at 11:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks