Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 02:06   #451
BHPian

Own a Quadricool, have got the fan motor replaced already. Also it use to keep making noise all the time and was adjusted so many times by the technician. Finally got a General Split installed and now Hitachi serves as a backup or is used in extreme heat as a second AC. Not at all satisfied with Hitachi. General rocks!
Old 26th April 2009, 15:21   #452
BHPian

Planning to buy Voltas Vertis Gold split ac(2 ton),how is the performance and a.s.s of Voltas.
Old 26th April 2009, 18:58   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Write to Samsung Thad. Get them to repair your units once and for all!
I know one shouldn't give up, but...

We did get one AC repaired out-of-warranty by Samsung. It took numerous calls, and they have only one agent for this area, some Alpha something, in Velachery, whose work does not satisfy me (yes, ok, the did fix it in the end) and they won't send anyone else.

Hence this time we are going with a local workshop guy. Ultimately we will defect from the defective, yes!

What else? Fighting with Axis Bank for the past year, mainly on account of their "wealth management" being an expensive joke.

My wife is always in the front line: she is the one who gets to make the phone calls in Tamil, but it is wearing on both of us. We are running out of fight.

Thank God I haven't got a Skoda!

Old 27th April 2009, 11:46   #454
BHPian

LG service along Reliance Digital messes up my AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The soap test is a very crucial part in installing a split AC.
The installation guy has missed it, that is bad.

When they volunteer to refill the gas, please have the entire unit discharged and then filled with the exact amount that is needed.
There is no concept of topup for gases.

(If someone has more info, I would love to be corrected on this)

The lemon.
That is when you have bought a faulty thing.
Lemon Law America

Generally applied to automobiles that are to put it simply, bad.
Yesterday LG service sent 2 guys with a gas cylinder for the repairs. They topped it up, with no improvement in cooling. Then they ripped apart the insulation of the pipes and said there seems to be a leak. Later they say no leak but have found icing at the compressor head. Then they heat the area around it with a fire lit from a butane cylinder. Then they let out the gas and refill. Still no improvement.
Then they arrive at a prognosis : The inlet pipe is cooling properly but the outlet pipe in not cooling much as when they ran the Ac with the gas cylinder still connected to the inlet the cylinder started icing with not much cooling on the outlet pipe.
So they deliver the verdict- Reliance installation has pinched the outlet pipe within the Indoor Unit and the gas is not flowing out properly !! So now LG service will refer back the case for proper installation to Reliance digital. But I have a feeling that LG service guys handled the Indoor Unit badly yesterday and aggravated the matter.

To top it all after handling the Indoor Unit and Out door unit with their dirty hands no one would now believe that this is an Ac purchased within last one month.

The guys just fill up an internal form and take my signature with no carbon copies. I then immediately take a copy on my Epson MFD ignoring their protests.

They gave me another shock when they told me that LG units which it seems are produced in Pune someitmes even come with no gas in the AC Unit. So I am lucky to have some gas it seems.. I think LG sucks big time in their attitude.

I am looking at ways to get out of this mess now !!

Suggestions welcome...

Last edited by emkay456 : 27th April 2009 at 11:49.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:44   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To top it all after handling the Indoor Unit and Out door unit with their dirty hands no one would now believe that this is an Ac purchased within last one month.
That sort of thing really gets to me --- because it says that they don't care.

If it is just muck, or greasy muck, a damp micro-fibre cloth will soon have it looking new again. If they have scratched it, then I think you have a right to demand a new case.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:47   #456
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

If it is just muck, or greasy muck, a damp micro-fibre cloth will soon have it looking new again. If they have scratched it, then I think you have a right to demand a new case.
And I really hate it when they touch the walls with dirty hands.
At least the casing can be cleaned but what do we do with ordinary walls.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:52   #457
Senior - BHPian

I am using a LG split AC and not happy with the service.

The executives were trying hard to extract more money from me while shifting the AC to my new apartment. The level of knowledge and professionalism is not upto the mark.

They even damaged the wall and cupboards of a new apartment, unnecessarily throwing the pipe/ tools and very careless attitude.

But they cleaned the AC properly after installation.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 27th April 2009 at 12:57.
Old 27th April 2009, 12:54   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thad, I don't know if it is so simple to interpret the 'meaning' of such callous behaviour.
I think it is a culture thing; these guys keep their own stuff (toolbox, tools, briefcase etc.) in the same sorry, filthy condition!

It would be very revealing to make a visit to their homes!
Old 27th April 2009, 13:05   #459
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody have a BlueStar split ? What is their reputation amongst a/c users ?
Old 27th April 2009, 13:08   #460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thad, I don't know if it is so simple to interpret the 'meaning' of such callous behaviour.
I think it is a culture thing; these guys keep their own stuff (toolbox, tools, briefcase etc.) in the same sorry, filthy condition!
Yes, good point.

Shouldn't it be part of the company training, then, to treat customer property with respect?
Old 27th April 2009, 13:18   #461
Senior - BHPian

@lurker: My dad has one Bluestar Split ac (1.5 ton & also a 1 ton window) for close to two years now & has faced no issues whatsoever & I have window 1.5 Ton for last one year & no issues, both of us are extremely satisfied
Old 27th April 2009, 13:22   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shouldn't it be part of the company training, then, to treat customer property with respect?
Ah ha! How can you treat something better than you'd treat your OWN things?! That's the intractable culture thing, LOL!
Old 27th April 2009, 13:31   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, good point.

Yes, it should be part of the company training. Mainly, it should be part of the culture.

The issue is common for all the labourers (carpenters, painters, electricians, AC technicican etc). They do not care much as it is just another work for them. They do not care for our belongings as we have paid out of our pocket.

The carpenters and painters spoiled many tiles in my apartment by spitting pan and not cleaning spilled polish/ other chemicals. The supervisor cannot help much as he cannot make anyone accountable and it is very difficult to manage these guys. The painters would blame the carpenters and vice versa. I lost money and peace of mind because of this as it was very difficult to get matching tiles. Also, they unnecessarily dirty the walls and the interiors. They cannot stand without supporting a newly painted wall.

Getting a new house and interiors done was a major experience.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:28   #464
BHPian

Beware Onida's - Adonis Service centre in Hyderabad

Adonis happens to be the brand Onida's Authorized Service centre (only one if I am right) in Hyderabad with a contact phone number of 66833000. It so happens that on the night of the 30th of April my 1.5T split A/c conked of. 1st May being a holiday, on the 2nd morning I requested for service from my friendly neighbourhood A/c wallah, who promptly told me that the compressor had gone kaput. The compressor's warranty is for 5 years and this unit is about 3 years old.

2nd May was a Saturday and a full working day of calling couldn't get me through to the Adonis guys. They simply would not pick up the phone. Then came Sunday. So it was Monday (4th May) at around 13:45hrs that I struck the pot of gold, after trying since the morning, and got to get to register my complaint (number 706380303) and was promised a service personnel's visit within 48 hours.

That 48 hours expired yesterday (6th May) at 13:45 hrs and I called them @ 14: 10 hrs. Yesterday was successful in getting through to them in the 15th ~ 16th attempt wherein I was assured of someone visiting me by last evening.

That was not to happen, and here again have been trying to get through to their service centre's number since morning and it's proving futile.

I will keep trying and shall update, in the unlikely event of getting through to Adonis or if the seemingly impossible event wherein I have a service personnel visiting me to address my problems.

However, in the event of folks considering an Onida product and do expect service for it. Think twice.

I was not the one for grey market products, but this has got me thinking.

EDIT: Update: Called MIRC ELECTRONICS and got another number 23236464, that one is constantly engaged. Hmmmm..

Last edited by suren181 : 7th May 2009 at 14:36.
Old 7th May 2009, 14:56   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Suren, sorry to know the trouble your going through with your AC especially during this peak summer season.

Onida has lost out on the race in almost every product from their stable long long ago. But, that doesnt mean they can lend a deaf ear to A.S.S.

MIRC electronics last i know was located in Chapel Road, Abids. This is the same lane which leads to popular girls school/college Stanley. And, also leads to the back-side of Khan Latif Khan Complex.

I suggest you visit them personally if they dont respond as i have experienced the same with a Sony service center. One number and not a damn fella picks up the phone which makes me wonder just for listing a CC center they list a single phone number which is unmanned most of the time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks