Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2019, 12:44   #6196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
It's not yet available in India.
the Chennai sales guy is not answering my calls. Called bangalore and he suggested me SRK series which has lower air flow, which I am not interested in. Further these series are 2017 models and were 5 star that time and are now rated 3 star in their latest catalog.
Old 19th April 2019, 16:27   #6197
BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad-hyd View Post
Can you please share the contact details of the local dealer because I am also from Hyderabad. I am planning on buying 4 acs but I want to try one at first.
I'll PM you the details of the dealer as well as a contact I know from the local Mitsubishi marketing office. The manager from the local Mitsubishi office can guide you well. I too had asked for his advice & recommendation for my needs.

The Mitsubishi AC is performing very well and is super quiet. The room gets chilled in no time. Very happy with the purchase. The build quality of the indoor & outdoor unit is really solid. Mitsubishi units are all imported from Indonesia.

I just compared between Mitsubishi Electric & Mitsubishi Heavy ACs. Mitsubishi Electric company ACs have a better dealer network. Spare costs, I did not research but spares are readily available I was told. I was also told, servicing costs are comparable to any other AC such as Hitachi, Blue Star, LG etc. Warranty is standard 5 years (unlike LG or Samsung which may offer a longer period warranty) on the compressor.

Last edited by ampere : 29th April 2019 at 07:12. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 19th April 2019, 19:06   #6198
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
the Chennai sales guy is not answering my calls. Called bangalore and he suggested me SRK series which has lower air flow, which I am not interested in. Further these series are 2017 models and were 5 star that time and are now rated 3 star in their latest catalog.

All MHI models in India start with SRK, so not sure what model he suggested to you, but their 2019 split inverter catalog doesn't have any models that are of 3 star, only 4 and 5 star models are listed.

I spoke with both the chennai, Bangalore and Hyderbad dealers. None have the 2019 5 star models in stock and they all say it will take a months time.
Old 19th April 2019, 19:18   #6199
BHPian

Quote:
All MHI models in India start with SRK
Here is the DXK series catalog. These are not inverter models but models with high air flow. The 2T inverter models have similar high air flow but the ones below are not as high as the DXK series. I am still researching to narrow down on the model that I may ultimately buy. The DXK series seem to be available for purchase on mitsubishiindia.com.
https://iaplgroup.com/wp-content/upl...alogue-min.pdf
Old 20th April 2019, 15:55   #6200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
What about Panasonic invertors? Their site has tons of models but how does one figure out which are the latest ones?
Yes you are right. There are many models listed in Panasonic website. Some are older series. Recently I was in the lookout for AC for bedroom.

There is a 2019 AC catalogue which the dealer provided to me.

I have bought the following Panasonic 1 Ton for bedroom ( Advanced series CS/CU-WU12VKYF). This is the model with all the additional features and filters ( nano purification, AG filter etc)

I was very happy with the performance and after a week purchased the 2T model for the living room. CS/CU-WU24VKYF.

The build quality is very good and this is the best built ODU unit I have seen around in my community. Currently there are additional warranty offers ( 5 yrs on PCB, 5 Yrs on ODU and 10 yrs on compressor ).

Last edited by ampere : 20th April 2019 at 16:12. Reason: formatted for readability
Old 21st April 2019, 21:45   #6201
BHPian

Quote:
The inverter compressor would run as low as possible but if the outside temperature is already below the set indoor temperature by 2 to 3 degree, then it will switch off the compressor.
This was the observation in my Daikin 5 star inverter, compressor runs as low as 8% capacity, below which it simply shuts off.
Can you please explain how you measured that the compressor was running at 8% capacity? I am really keen to know which brand's compressor can run at the lowest capacity.

We have a one ton Koryo inverter in our small summer bedroom and the compressor otten shuts down after about 20 minutes during milder weather (under 40C). While it is much better than a non inverter I often feel too hot or too cold. Measuring the current draw, it runs around 870 to 950 Watts at full and then goes down to around 450 Watts at minimum which I suspect is around 50% of compressor capacity. Even though it is only one year old, I am tempted to replace it with an LG or Daikin. LG claims their dual inverter ac can go down to around 15 to 40% of capacity depending on which brochure you read. Daikin claims it can run at .3 ton which is around 20% capacity for a 1.5 ton unit. I would really like to know if any one has any information on this as I would be wasting money and effort if the new one also goes down to just 40 to 50% of total capacity.

Last edited by Lobogris : 21st April 2019 at 21:47.
Old 22nd April 2019, 07:56   #6202
BHPian

Hello, my bedroom Daikin is about 10+ years old and is cooling very mildly. A known ac mechanic suggested I remove the IDU and get the coils kerosine washed and also use nitrogen to clean its pipes in order to remove oil deposits etc.
Another person suggested replacing the IDU. Gas levels are fine and the compressor is working fine though. Kindly weigh in which route I should take.
I am planning to purchase a 2019 model MHI inverter ac but the one I shortlisted from a catalog study is yet to be released. I will need to wait a month or two for that to happen. I will move the Daikin to another room if it is fixed and also use it in the interim.
Old 22nd April 2019, 11:50   #6203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Hello, my bedroom Daikin is about 10+ years old and is cooling very mildly. A known ac mechanic suggested I remove the IDU and get the coils kerosine washed and also use nitrogen to clean its pipes in order to remove oil deposits etc.
Another person suggested replacing the IDU. Gas levels are fine and the compressor is working fine though. Kindly weigh in which route I should take.
I am planning to purchase a 2019 model MHI inverter ac but the one I shortlisted from a catalog study is yet to be released. I will need to wait a month or two for that to happen. I will move the Daikin to another room if it is fixed and also use it in the interim.
Mild cooling in an old AC is normally due to the following reasons
. The quantity of gas has decrease due to leakage. This can be checked by measuring the pressure.
. Condensers choked with dust. This is best done by wet cleaning the IDU and ODU. Recently Urban Clap has been advertising wet cleaning of IDU on the TV. You can get in touch with then.
. The compressor wearing out. This will also result in low gas pressure. Unlike the other options, there is nothing but to scrap the ODU.
Old 22nd April 2019, 14:31   #6204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Can you please explain how you measured that the compressor was running at 8% capacity? I am really keen to know which brand's compressor can run at the lowest capacity.

Daikin claims it can run at .3 ton which is around 20% capacity for a 1.5 ton unit. I would really like to know if any one has any information on this as I would be wasting money and effort if the new one also goes down to just 40 to 50% of total capacity.
The Indoor unit displays the outdoor unit running capacity in load. Do note at 8% load it gets uncomfortable as the humidity builds up, the room starts to feel stuffy. At 20% load its comfortable and room smells fresh. At 30% load everyone is comfortable.

The Daikin that I have is a 1.5 5 star inverter, which is the in Top 3 in ISEER efficiency in India.

The Korya that you have are using old generation Inverter tech, so it cannot run that low.
Prior to buying Daikin in 2017 I checked the hitachi 5 star models and found out that it couldn't go lower then 50%, hence bought the daikin.

Based on brochure specs, some of the other companies that can run that low around .3 ton are 2019 models from Hitachi 5100++(unconfirmed), Daikin 5 star models like JTKJ, Mitshibushi Heavy 2018 and 2019 5 star inverter models and some 4 star inverter models.

Last edited by aim120 : 22nd April 2019 at 14:33.
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:39   #6205
BHPian

Quote:
The Indoor unit displays the outdoor unit running capacity in load. Do note at 8% load it gets uncomfortable as the humidity builds up, the room starts to feel stuffy. At 20% load its comfortable and room smells fresh. At 30% load everyone is comfortable.

The Daikin that I have is a 1.5 5 star inverter, which is the in Top 3 in ISEER efficiency in India.

The Korya that you have are using old generation Inverter tech, so it cannot run that low.
Prior to buying Daikin in 2017 I checked the hitachi 5 star models and found out that it couldn't go lower then 50%, hence bought the daikin.

Based on brochure specs, some of the other companies that can run that low around .3 ton are 2019 models from Hitachi 5100++(unconfirmed), Daikin 5 star models like JTKJ, Mitshibushi Heavy 2018 and 2019 5 star inverter models and some 4 star inverter models.

Thank you for the information. All Daikin ACs I have seen don't have any display on the indoor units. Can you tell me which model you have? Is there any picture or video anywhere in a brochure or website that shows the tonnage being displayed? In addition, 0.3 ton is like 20 percent capacity for a 1.5 ton unit. However yours goes down to 0.8 ton. That is the type I really need. Can you share a bit about how you researched this matter to find out which ACs are using older technology? I haven't found much information on this despite looking for quite a while.
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:47   #6206
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you for the information. All Daikin ACs I have seen don't have any display on the indoor units. Can you tell me which model you have? Is there any picture or video anywhere in a brochure or website that shows the tonnage being displayed? In addition, 0.3 ton is like 20 percent capacity for a 1.5 ton unit. However yours goes down to 0.8 ton. That is the type I really need. Can you share a bit about how you researched this matter to find out which ACs are using older technology? I haven't found much information on this despite looking for quite a while.
Mine is a Daikin JTKM series, its been replaced by the current series JTKJ. The indoor unit shows the outdoor unit load in percentage 8% to F.L or Full Load. In powerful mode it goes even higher then F.L for 15 min, but it doesn't show that in the ID display other then F.L but you can hear the blower spinning even faster and increased power consumption measured via meter, this feature of running at more then 120% load for 15 min is also there in Mitsubishi Heavy or MHI 4 to 5 star models.

You can know if its using older tech by simply measuring the power consumption, some advertise the min and max power consumption and some also tell minimum and maximum cooling in watts or BTU. All the new brochures from some manufactures take about fine PWM control of the inverter compressor motor like the MHI models which say they can spin as low as 7 to 15rpm .

Last edited by aim120 : 22nd April 2019 at 15:58.
Old 22nd April 2019, 15:54   #6207
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a Daikin JTKM series, its been replaced by the current series JTKJ. The indoor unit shows the outdoor unit load in percentage 8% to F.L or Full Load. In powerful mode it goes even higher then F.L for 15 min, but it doesn't show that in the ID display but you can hear the blower spinning even faster..
If possible, can you post a picture or video of this display at your convenience?
Old 22nd April 2019, 17:01   #6208
BANNED

Its just a regular 8 segment display, some one in youtube has posted a video of the model. I do not know hindi that much but it shows the display and I believe he explains the functions.

Last edited by aim120 : 22nd April 2019 at 17:08.
Old 22nd April 2019, 19:36   #6209
BHPian

Quote:
Its just a regular 8 segment display, some one in Youtube has posted a video of the model. I do not know hindi that much but it shows the display and I believe he explains the functions ]
Thank you. I have researched this and I have watched the videos as well.
It seems that the display alternates between temperature and power consumption, not compressor tonnage. Daikin technical specifications also confirm this. The 1 ton 5 star model has a normal BTU of 12350 but can vary from 4000 to 13600. This means the minimum tonnage would be 0.32 ton. The power consumption varies from 220 to 1300W while the normal is 822W. All this information is from Daikin specifications. I wonder when your display reads 8%, if the compressor is actually off as you stated that it becomes uncomfortable and the humidity increases? My device consumes around 75 watts for fan at times which would be around 8% power.

In summary, there won't be much use in me replacing my one year old Koryo inverter as it seems to be working at around 0.5 tons and the Daikin would only go down to 0.33 tons. It would be better but not enough to merit the hassle and the expense. Thank you again for all the information.
Old 22nd April 2019, 20:23   #6210
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I have researched this and I have watched the videos as well.
It seems that the display alternates between temperature and power consumption, not compressor tonnage. Daikin technical specifications also confirm this. The 1 ton 5 star model has a normal BTU of 12350 but can vary from 4000 to 13600. This means the minimum tonnage would be 0.32 ton. The power consumption varies from 220 to 1300W while the normal is 822W. All this information is from Daikin specifications. I wonder when your display reads 8%, if the compressor is actually off as you stated that it becomes uncomfortable and the humidity increases? My device consumes around 75 watts for fan at times which would be around 8% power.

In summary, there won't be much use in me replacing my one year old Koryo inverter as it seems to be working at around 0.5 tons and the Daikin would only go down to 0.33 tons. It would be better but not enough to merit the hassle and the expense. Thank you again for all the information.
I will add one more thing. I also have JTKM 1.5 Ton & I've connected Sonoff POW R2 which calculates real time power consumption as well. The max I've seen @ FL is 2049 watt power consumption which remained for 10-15 seconds before starting to normalize to ~1900 watt. After another 2-3 minutes it falls to ~1600 watt.

Full Load or any other percentage value on display only denotes compressor load & not the actual power consumption in percentage.

The display rotates between four settings.

Room Temp > Set Temp > Compressor Load (in %) > No Display

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th April 2019 at 09:38. Reason: please do not type... like... this...

Most Viewed