Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 11:42   #1141
BHPian

hi guys!
my friend need a split AC in moderate budget for a room with specifications asd 17feet x 14 feet room with 10 feet ceiling and three windows of 20 sq feet, also there is no first floor.
Please pour your suggestions as he needs AC which can chill the room in summer and he lives in jaipur. budget can be upto 40k.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:46   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I have already installed AC in my bedroom. I'm now thinking if I should use sun-film on my windows as well. I have two windows with large glass area in the bedroom. Both the windows are Fenesta, which I heard offers insulation from heat. In that case, would it be an overkill to go for sunfilm as well?
Old 17th May 2010, 14:19   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
hi guys!
my friend need a split AC in moderate budget for a room with specifications asd 17feet x 14 feet room with 10 feet ceiling and three windows of 20 sq feet, also there is no first floor.
Please pour your suggestions as he needs AC which can chill the room in summer and he lives in jaipur. budget can be upto 40k.
The above calls for a minimum 2.0 ton air con solution within INR40K is either a 2 ton from Panasonic Pearl or Sapphire range or Hitachi Kaze 2.0 ton @ 37K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Hi all,

I have already installed AC in my bedroom. I'm now thinking if I should use sun-film on my windows as well. I have two windows with large glass area in the bedroom. Both the windows are Fenesta, which I heard offers insulation from heat. In that case, would it be an overkill to go for sunfilm as well?
With Fenesta you could have opted for heat resistant/tinted glasses. Sunfilm will not solve your problem. Look at thicker curtains made from cotton or other woven material and make sure the curtain has lining sewn into it. Avoid curtains made out of Polyester.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:28   #1144
BANNED

Khoj - can you take a look at my Question?
Old 17th May 2010, 15:00   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

Can we all post our AC Bill for month of April'10 with approximate usage?

It would serve as a good input for folks who are planning to get new ones.

Usage for month of April'10 ( 30 days)

1 Window AC ( 1.5 ton) : Daily usage 5 hours

1 Split AC ( 2.0 ton) : Daily usage 6-8 hours

Electricity Bill ( April'10) : Rs.2400 (otherwise, with no AC usage my electricity bill is Rs.700-Rs.800/month)
Old 17th May 2010, 16:16   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Khoj - can you take a look at my Question?
carboy - See my earlier post on similar scenario

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1770193-post730.html
Old 17th May 2010, 16:19   #1147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
carboy - See my earlier post on similar scenario

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1770193-post730.html
Thanks, Khoj.
Mine is an LG not a OG. Hopefully, it won't get spoilt by such occasional misuse by me. Too many things left to be done, so I won't get to putting up an AC in the hall by end of this summer.

Used to do this is a rental apartment in the Bay Area. Only had a Window AC in the bedroom. Nothing in the hall.
So during summer used to keep the bedroom A/C on while sitting in the hall.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:42   #1148
Senior - BHPian

My Samsung 1.0 T split failed exactly three days after the warranty period was over. The service centre promptly deputed a technician. The fault was diagnozed immediately as the konking off of the capacitor. Total charges was Rs 750 including cost of capacitor.

I wonder how these are programmed to fail immediately on the expiry of the warranty period.

Last edited by rajeev k : 17th May 2010 at 18:42. Reason: grammer
Old 17th May 2010, 22:49   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
My Samsung 1.0 T split failed exactly three days after the warranty period was over. The service centre promptly deputed a technician. The fault was diagnozed immediately as the konking off of the capacitor. Total charges was Rs 750 including cost of capacitor.

I wonder how these are programmed to fail immediately on the expiry of the warranty period.
Oh No! The Samsung design team wanted the compressor to conk off but the capacitor got in the way. It's back to the drawing board for them.

As for you buddy, you have been a victim of 'Murphy's Law' just like the rest of us here. Thank your stars you have been let off lightly @750/-
Old 17th May 2010, 22:51   #1150
BHPian

stabilizer shock

car boy and khoj-thanks
i took the stabilizer to v guard guys and they agreed to refund.
they also scared me by saying that i need a more powerful stab than a 5kva,something called wide range stab from "everest".
normally a 5kva would suffice for a 2ton a/c with rotary compressor but og is reciprocating .guys anybody here having a 2ton ogeneral,please suggest.
@ khoj-need your help urgently.the wide range stab are not available at present and they seem to cost more.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:06   #1151
Senior - BHPian

I am using a 5kva transformer with my 2.0 ton Amtrex Shizuka machine. the compressor is a reciprocating one made by Tecumseh. I see no reason why the General 2.0 ton would not work with 5.0 kva. maybe you need a better quality transformer.

I am sorry but it seems there is no national level player for transformers otherwise Logicstat here in Delhi make good quality products. Umm try talking to the Hitachi or Whirlpool dealers see what make they are selling with their 2.0 ton machines and you could get the same. I have mentioned Whirlpool because it seems that they are selling transformers under their own brand.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:09   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh No! The Samsung design team wanted the compressor to conk off but the capacitor got in the way. It's back to the drawing board for them.

As for you buddy, you have been a victim of 'Murphy's Law' just like the rest of us here. Thank your stars you have been let off lightly @750/-
You are right, had the compressor failed, thoughcompressor is warranted the cost of gas and labour would have been to me.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:35   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With Fenesta you could have opted for heat resistant/tinted glasses. Sunfilm will not solve your problem. Look at thicker curtains made from cotton or other woven material and make sure the curtain has lining sewn into it. Avoid curtains made out of Polyester.
Thanks for the advice. Fenesta windows were already installed in the apartment I bought, so I couldn't choose anything specific.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:34   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver
hi guys!

Quote:
The above calls for a minimum 2.0 ton air con solution within INR40K is either a 2 ton from Panasonic Pearl or Sapphire range or Hitachi Kaze 2.0 ton @ 37K.
i am looking for 4star AC atleast.Are they both 4 star?
Old 18th May 2010, 13:34   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver
hi guys!

i am looking for 4star AC atleast.Are they both 4 star?
Guys, please understand this is not a concierge service.

While you are more than welcome to post your queries in cases where you are in doubt or clueless about an issue or are looking for advice in general. You have to understand that before posting an effort should be made to at least go through the thread where answers to most of the general queries are already there. Besides you are all on the net so do try and get on the companies web sites and most of the general queries can be sorted then and there. Dealers too are a good source of information.

Once again do send in your queries whether for yourselves or on your 'friends' behalf but only after you have done the initial spadework. It will be a pleasure to help you dig deeper and sink further.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks