Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 18:34   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
I prefer LG/Samsung anyday over O General.
You're disappointed!
Hopefully, it will outlast the LG & Samsung types and redeem itself!
Old 24th February 2009, 18:49   #227
BANNED

@Anup, Amen!
But LG/Samsung have already served me excellently!
Icing on the cake are our Accair ~ 30 years old AC's, still working superbly with no sign of rust even on the body. O-Gen. or anyother cannot even dream of such a run!
Old 24th February 2009, 23:43   #228
Senior - BHPian

Okies... Looks like OGeneral and Panny are out.. Hitachi has better EER figures.

Now to decide which of the Hitachi's I am thinking of the 1.5 ton ACE CUTOUT model. Can you all tell me how much this costs in your respective cities.. and if this comes with installation included or otherwise? Just want to make sure I get a comparable deal.
Old 25th February 2009, 01:25   #229
BHPian

Hey BHP1, have LGs, O General and Hitachi at home. O General rules, cant be compared to LGs and Samsung.
Old 25th February 2009, 10:11   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
. and if this comes with installation included or otherwise? Just want to make sure I get a comparable deal.
Mostly the prices of Splits include the installation. Stabiliser is a separate entity, try to get a good one like V-Guard or Premier etc instead of the cheap one that they will bundle with the AC.
Old 25th February 2009, 10:26   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Mostly the prices of Splits include the installation. Stabiliser is a separate entity, try to get a good one like V-Guard or Premier etc instead of the cheap one that they will bundle with the AC.
Further, unlike in a window AC (where installation would be Rs. 400-500), installation of split is in the range of above Rs. 2.5K, and would depend on how far the in-room unit is from the outside (external) unit. Perhaps Rs. 3-4K would be a reasonable estimate for a split AC installation. The wires and installation are from the AC manufacturer, and it would not be wise to cut costs and get it installed from a local mechanic.
Old 25th February 2009, 15:05   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okies... Looks like OGeneral and Panny are out.. Hitachi has better EER figures.

Now to decide which of the Hitachi's I am thinking of the 1.5 ton ACE CUTOUT model. Can you all tell me how much this costs in your respective cities.. and if this comes with installation included or otherwise? Just want to make sure I get a comparable deal.
In delhi it is around 35k. Hitachi is quiet good no doubt. The cooling is superb!
Old 25th February 2009, 16:01   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
In delhi it is around 35k. Hitachi is quiet good no doubt. The cooling is superb!

I am not getting a quote for lesser than 38k - including stabiliser and installation - (13 feet tubing free - extra @ Rs.200/ft) ... I live on the 2nd floor - need to go past the 3rd on to the terrace - I guess this is going to take at least 25 feet of tubing! That means this will take it over 40k!

The same dealer is offering a NATIONAL imported unit .. some new model called 'Pearl' for 28 k all found. Claims this even allows for 25 METER runs without any drop in cooling ability. Has anyone heard of it? The old National ACs were something else!

Last edited by kb100 : 25th February 2009 at 16:05.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:41   #234
BANNED

Like someone posted, if Onida shares the same compressor as Hitachi, why not consider it? Quality, for lesser the price.
Old 25th February 2009, 18:29   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.. I live on the 2nd floor - need to go past the 3rd on to the terrace - I guess this is going to take at least 25 feet of tubing! That means this will take it over 40k!
Kb100, it should be possible to mount the outdoor unit somewhere on or adjacent to a balcony? You really ought not to be leaving the outdoor unit in a public place!
Old 25th February 2009, 20:00   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
Like someone posted, if Onida shares the same compressor as Hitachi, why not consider it? Quality, for lesser the price.
Hmmm.. Have given them a call - seems a clear 10-13k cheaper - installed!! The EER's are comparable as well - 11+ . Wonder therefore if Onida will make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Kb100, it should be possible to mount the outdoor unit somewhere on or adjacent to a balcony? You really ought not to be leaving the outdoor unit in a public place!
Unfortunately the bedrooms don't come with balconies. The apartment association will not permit us to mount it on the exterior walls. That leaves the terrace - or the ground. The terrace is closer hence cheaper and more effective as well (from efficiency point of view). This is a gated community, and everyone here seems to be doing this - therefore guess the safety angle may be okay!
Old 25th February 2009, 21:37   #237
Senior - BHPian

@KB- Onidas are quiet good. Check there cooling at anyones place who has it and you will be amazed. Its a pure VFM product with good performance.
Old 25th February 2009, 22:25   #238
BHPian

Dont know which one to buy

Planning on buying a AC for my apt bedroom. Not able to decide between O-General and Hitachi. My parents have an o-general in their house for the last 15 yrs and touch wood no issues, hence am inclined towards the same. But have heard horror stories about their customer service. Also the dealers are saying that apart from the 5 yr compressor warranty, there is absolutely no other warranty. I dont have any experience with Hitachi but heard that they are also pretty good. Dealer says that Hitachi has one year warranty on everything.
Dont know what to do. Heart says O-G but mind says Hitachi.

Any pointer would be really appreciated.
Old 26th February 2009, 11:07   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Planning on buying a AC for my apt bedroom. Not able to decide between O-General and Hitachi. My parents have an o-general in their house for the last 15 yrs and touch wood no issues, hence am inclined towards the same. But have heard horror stories about their customer service. Also the dealers are saying that apart from the 5 yr compressor warranty, there is absolutely no other warranty. I dont have any experience with Hitachi but heard that they are also pretty good. Dealer says that Hitachi has one year warranty on everything.
Dont know what to do. Heart says O-G but mind says Hitachi.

Any pointer would be really appreciated.
Well we have been using a hitachi for the last 5 years and the service & performance is impeccable. The best part is that it runs smooth and quietly - a thing that is hardly touched by the LGs and Samsungs of thw world. Although we also have a couple of LGs running in the house they are nowhere as quiet and effecient as the hitachi.
Old 26th February 2009, 12:04   #240
Senior - BHPian

my hitachi motor was blown away last winter (on a sunny day) and replaced with a GE motor by the hitachi service. cost 4k. this is after running hard for about 4 years. now running cool and silent. great stuff. i can't stand the sound of LG window A/C.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks