Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 12:12   #466
BHPian

Continuing with my LG Saga, the call was transferred back to Reliance by the LG Service. They again sent their installation guys. Finally the Indoor Unit was brought down and I was shocked to see the prev. installation chap while reversing the direction of the pipe from the standard L shape to the reverse direction had twisted the pipe blocking circulation partially. They guys immediately said we have to take it to the Centre to do a proper replacement of the pipe. I called up Reliance asking for replacement. They stated that the AC cannot be called defective as such . So I did not succeed (though would have loved to haul them before the Consumer court ). They took it back and repaired the problem and the cooling becomes normal.

But now there is a problem regarding Thermostat cutoff. The Ac just doesnt cut off unless kept at higher temperatures of 28+. So I am fighting that issue now with Reliance.
Old 11th May 2009, 12:18   #467
BHPian

Beware of Blue Star

Guys just want to bring to your notice. My neighbours bought two Blue star window A/c after my recommendations to them. But it turned out to be nightmare for them. A/c didn't worked as expected after installation. Some wiered sound was coming from it and cooling forget it. We called the installaler and he said seems the whole lot is defective and he took both of them for exchange. But now poor fellow have to wait till this guy get new lot.
Anyways just beware and check everything if you want to buy this crap.
Old 11th May 2009, 13:09   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways just beware and check everything if you want to buy this crap.
Wow someone gets a bad piece & the company is willing to replace & yet its a crap ???
Old 11th May 2009, 13:16   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Wow someone gets a bad piece & the company is willing to replace & yet its a crap ???
No techno, I think that is not what he is saying.

Firstly it is not a bad piece, it is 2 bad pieces. One bad piece can happen to any brand any item and can be passed off as a freak occurence but not two out of two.

Now imagine if you paid for 2 brand new ACs and they arrived and both didn't work. Sure the company offered to replace them, but now they have no stock and after paying you would be waiting for the new lot while you sweat in the heat.

That situation would be quite crappy from the consumer's POV don't you agree?

Coming back to my 3 Samsung split aircons, it has now been 4 months and all 3 are working beautifully and regularly and taking care of the hot Mumbai summer outside. Still high on my recommendation list.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 11th May 2009 at 13:17.
Old 11th May 2009, 13:26   #470
Senior - BHPian

@Sam:The dealer did accept & inform that probably the entire lot was bad & is willing to give replacement.

Like i said earlier we own 3 bluestar ACs between me & my father which inlcudes one split(1.5 ton over 2 years old) & 2 windows (1 ton & 1.5 ton over 1 year old) & then there are also a few friends who bought blue star ac on my recommendation & none of us have faced any issues.

I stay on 7th floor which is also top floor & its a west facing flat and I can assure you nothing gets hotter than this combination & in all this the ac works without an issue.

It would have been crap if the dealer refused to accept the fault & not be helpful.

Just becasue a lot is bad you cant call the entire brand crap.

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th May 2009 at 15:45.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:42   #471
BHPian

Based on my recommendation, my parents are buying 5 Blue Star ACs. Well, I recommended Blue Star initially, but my mom wanted Samsung. Finally, a few family acquaintances who has several shops, told that Blue Star is much better than Samsung, which is all frills but not dependable as Blue Star. This convinced my folks. They have spoken to the dealer and is to get them installed in weekend. Interestly, as my family acquaintence introduced them to the dealer, the dealer is installing all 5 ACs againt an advance amount for 3 ACs, and said that the balance amount can be paid subsequently. I believe the charge is Rs 34K per AC (with fitting and stabilizers). This is the 3-Star Hi Wall 1.5T AC model.
Old 11th May 2009, 16:03   #472
Senior - BHPian

I have a Eletrolux 1T split in my bedroom. The dealer was forcing me to buy a 1.5T by saying that 1T will not provide proper cooling etc. I insisted on 1T and there are no issues with cooling. However not really happy with the quality of the unit.
Old 11th May 2009, 16:10   #473
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

samsung and LG are good options - especially for the split AC units. I feel that you would benefit from a 1.5 Tonner in a humid climate. My experience with Samsung and their After sales Service has been uniformly good across categories. Washing Machine, TV, Fridge, AC, etc etc.
Old 11th May 2009, 16:32   #474
BHPian

Gentlemen and Ladies, An update/insight into Onida's service. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post1292602
The request for service was made on the 4th of May, a week back and was promised a visit in 48 hrs. A week has passed and inspite of:
1) visits to the service center (was promised there that someone would attend to the problem by the end of the day definitely)
2) The service center numbers are still off the hook or not attended to
3) the head of service for AP does not pick up his mobile, when and if the call gets through, nor calls back.

All this adds on to say that Onida's service does suck big time and please be wary of this point when you think of buying their product.

I shall however update you of any developments, as and when.
Old 11th May 2009, 17:07   #475
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
All this adds on to say that Onida's service does suck big time and please be wary of this point when you think of buying their product.
Not an AC, but i called up the Onida number in Bangalore for some issue with my 29" CTV. The technician promptly came home the next day, checked for the issue. The required part was not with him and said he will come the next day along with it. Next day morning he is at my door at 10:00 am fixes the part. Explains why it might have gone bust. Takes my signatures on the bill and the AMC (which is for 4 years). Didnt cost me a rupee.

The bangalore folks are based off Indiranagar.
Old 11th May 2009, 17:12   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam... Samsung (the AC about which Sam sung!) work fantastically well for the first year, or even two.

I discounted a problem with the window unit in my old place (which is still, to be fair, after the warranty repair, working well in somebody else's house) and we bought three for this house. We have problems with all three!

So, if we take your ACs and my ACs, statistically it should be unlikely you have much trouble. Hope it works out that way
Old 11th May 2009, 17:42   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I have a Eletrolux 1T split in my bedroom. The dealer was forcing me to buy a 1.5T by saying that 1T will not provide proper cooling etc. I insisted on 1T and there are no issues with cooling. However not really happy with the quality of the unit.
when I bought one, I was told 1T is ok for a 1000 sft room; and for bigger rooms one need 1.5T.
Old 11th May 2009, 17:51   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
@Sam:The dealer did accept & inform that probably the entire lot was bad & is willing to give replacement.

Like i said earlier we own 3 bluestar ACs between me & my father which inlcudes one split(1.5 ton over 2 years old) & 2 windows (1 ton & 1.5 ton over 1 year old) & then there are also a few friends who bought blue star ac on my recommendation & none of us have faced any issues.

I stay on 7th floor which is also top floor & its a west facing flat and I can assure you nothing gets hotter than this combination & in all this the ac works without an issue.

It would have been crap if the dealer refused to accept the fault & not be helpful.

Just becasue a lot is bad you cant call the entire brand crap.
Sorry but I just want to alert everyone for the current lot these guys were selling and my word crap goes to that.
Even I have two 1.5 ton window A/c from Blue star, one installed in ground floor and another in another house on 2nd floor. Although not complaining but yet they are not at all close to Hitachi which I have in another room.

Regarding dealer replacing it, becuase off relationship (good customer relationship so far) with him. Earlier he said we will send it back to company and they will repair it etc etc. Do you think after paying 34K for two windows A/c and you ready to stay without them in this hot summer with no assurance of when they will come back.

Dont they have any Quality Checks at all ??
Old 11th May 2009, 18:46   #479
Senior - BHPian

Sam003 -maybe it would be helpful for others if you can get the batch code & post it here so that anybody who is buying a Bluestar can make sure that they dont buy one from this batch/lot.

As for Hitachi being better well it is better & hence is priced more as well
Old 11th May 2009, 19:04   #480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sam... Samsung (the AC about which Sam sung!) work fantastically well for the first year, or even two.
Exactly.. That is why my A/C consultant doesn't recommend anything other than Voltas. Voltas keeps on going for ever, but most other ACs run out of steam after couple of years, after the warranty period to be exact. Meanwhile, I have many Voltas units which are running for over 3-5 years.

Currently there is a supply problem with Voltas. It is impossible to get 2T cassette unit right now, this is because of part supply problem from China. I needed this for my office, I have finally decided to go ahead with Carrier 2T cassette units.

I also need a Voltas 2T split unit for home, but I can't get that either, too much demand has outstripped supply. This weekend I was at the local retail shop where the sales guy asked me to look at other A/C brands. I called the A/C consultant for advice, the only two brands he could recommend outside of Voltas were Haier & Hitachi. He asked me to keep away from everything else if I want it to last.

Last edited by Samurai : 11th May 2009 at 19:07.

Most Viewed