Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2012, 13:52   #2281
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Wrong info.

Inverter is a better buy but the preference depends majorly on your usage. INfact inverters would prolong the life of compressors by eliminating the on/off process of the compressors.

Inverters might on the other hand increase your bills if it doesn't suit your requirements. Correct cooling capacity and high usage are two major factors that you need to look into.
Old 17th February 2012, 10:38   #2282
BHPian

Daikin 1.8T Inverter model

Thanks to team-bhp for helping me make an informed decision for an AC.
I had been scouring this thread for the past few days over sleepless nights.

Finalized on Daikin 1.8T Inverter model FTKD60FVM.
The rate quoted is Rs.51,500, and I am bargaining for more reduction.
Is this rate okay?

Buyback for my old 2T OGeneral ten-years old is Rs.4,500.
V-Guard stabilizer model VG500 is Rs.2,000.
Installation charges are Rs.1,000.
Piping was quoted Rs.200 for a feet.

I am also concerned about the installation.
The dealer I am buying 'Satya Agencies' is a multi-brand dealer.
How can I confirm if the dealer sends me a Daikin-trained-installer and not some local guy?

Are all the rates above reasonable?
Old 17th February 2012, 11:23   #2283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

I am also concerned about the installation.
The dealer I am buying 'Satya Agencies' is a multi-brand dealer.
How can I confirm if the dealer sends me a Daikin-trained-installer and not some local guy?

Are all the rates above reasonable?
They should have the i-cards. But I strongly believe that the dealer will send the local guys. You should call the company directly for the installation.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 15:00   #2284
Senior - BHPian

It would not matter if the guy is Daikin authorized or not. ALL Daikin Dealers technicians recieve training from Daikin afaik.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 22:33   #2285
BHPian

Looking out for a 1 ~ 1.5 ton AC. Was considering Samsung & LG but saw so many glowing reviews of Panasonic. Point is i saw my neighbour buy a new Panasonic split AC which was 1.2 ton & squarish in shape, not the normal slim lengthwise. Any idea about this new line & shape?
Old 19th February 2012, 00:06   #2286
Distinguished - BHPian

Another year, another leak fix and gas refill for our 2-ton Samsung split, which only gets used in the summer.

Rs2,000. But It would take a lot of those to equal the price of new machine. 25 years to a Daikin! Whilst it is still fixable within this sort of budget, it's worth it for a few years yet --- and, with a new car in the drive, Daikins are definitely off the menu!
Old 19th February 2012, 00:11   #2287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Another year, another leak fix and gas refill for our 2-ton Samsung split, which only gets used in the summer.
We changed the condensor or whatever on the Samsung ac to copper, since its the aluminium condensor that gets many leaks. Suggest you do that same. I can't remember how much it cost, maybe 5kish but since then haven't had any issues with the damn ac.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 11:36   #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Looking out for a 1 ~ 1.5 ton AC. Was considering Samsung & LG but saw so many glowing reviews of Panasonic. Point is i saw my neighbour buy a new Panasonic split AC which was 1.2 ton & squarish in shape, not the normal slim lengthwise. Any idea about this new line & shape?
Hello,
I installed Panasonic cube in my living room. 1.25 ton model. Cheapest one and works quite well for what I wanted it to do.
Old 20th February 2012, 11:20   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh9999 View Post
Hello,
I installed Panasonic cube in my living room. 1.25 ton model. Cheapest one and works quite well for what I wanted it to do.
Had posted my review of the Panasonic Cube 1.2T ac last year. Hope it is useful for you.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2262490
Neilguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 16:53   #2290
BHPian

am looking for 1.5 T split ac for ma bedroom.i never keep temp below 25c looking for something good looking and very reliable and silent.which one should i consider? does it really make difference between2 star or 5 star?
Old 20th February 2012, 23:46   #2291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Had posted my review of the Panasonic Cube 1.2T ac last year. Hope it is useful for you.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2262490
Yes Neilguy, thanks to you, your post was very useful to me during my research on the cube AC. It works very well for my hall. Just waiting for the Chennai summer to arrive!
How is your cube holding? Any issues so far??
Old 21st February 2012, 00:32   #2292
Senior - BHPian

Good looking! Looks are subjective, for me the best looking machines are from Daikin and Mitsubishi electric followed by the General & Panasonic.

The star ratings do make a difference. The longer the duration of usage the more the impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
am looking for 1.5 T split ac for ma bedroom.i never keep temp below 25c looking for something good looking and very reliable and silent.which one should i consider? does it really make difference between2 star or 5 star?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 13:24   #2293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Good looking! Looks are subjective, for me the best looking machines are from Daikin and Mitsubishi electric followed by the General & Panasonic.

The star ratings do make a difference. The longer the duration of usage the more the impact.
Hi Khoj and Crew!
I ended up ordering Daikin units for my home - Model numbers are:

FTE35LV16 - 1.0TR - Rs. 23,500
FTE50LV16 - 1.5TR -Rs. 28,000
FTE60LV16 - 1.83TR - Rs. 34,500

All are 3 star rated. We did not get the inverter models as there is very stable supply of electricity in Jamshedpur and we also have a backup generator in the house.

Paying Rs. 500 for installation per AC and Rs. 650 for outdoor unit brackets as this is a bulk order. Are these reliable and efficient models and is the pricing good as well?

Btw, Khoj - can I call you sometime this week. Wanted to chat with you regarding some HT options. Also, slightly OT, but you will be sad to know that we are selling our OHC - It's unfortunately not getting used as much and we are getting a decent price in the market, so alas she must go :(

Last edited by vcash : 21st February 2012 at 13:27.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:38   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
Hi,

Star rating do make a big difference. The extra amount that you spend in buying a higher star rated A/C, the faster you recover the amount via reduction in your electricity bill.

Word faster is in bold because it totally depends on your usage. If you would be using A/C only for 1-2 hrs only in summer then stars will not have a major impact. But if you use your a/c regularly for more than 5 hrs every night through out the year then star makes a difference.

According to me Daikin without any doubt is one of the best in the world, very silent and powerful, Next comes hitachi and then OGeneral and blue star and then all other brands as there is not much difference in them except the A.S.S in your region.
Gadgetfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 01:53   #2295
Senior - BHPian

Hi vcash,

Been a long time. Sad to hear about the OHC but then rather than having her sit idle, it's better that she brings a smile to a fellow driver.

As for the acs, the prices are par for the course for a large metro but considering this is in JSR these are good prices.

Regarding the inverter machines, from your post it seems that there is some misgiving about the concept. Will talk about the same when we speak. I have sent you a pm with my new number, call me at your convenience.

Ciao
khoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Hi Khoj and Crew!
I ended up ordering Daikin units for my home - Model numbers are:

FTE35LV16 - 1.0TR - Rs. 23,500
FTE50LV16 - 1.5TR -Rs. 28,000
FTE60LV16 - 1.83TR - Rs. 34,500

All are 3 star rated. We did not get the inverter models as there is very stable supply of electricity in Jamshedpur and we also have a backup generator in the house.

Paying Rs. 500 for installation per AC and Rs. 650 for outdoor unit brackets as this is a bulk order. Are these reliable and efficient models and is the pricing good as well?

Btw, Khoj - can I call you sometime this week. Wanted to chat with you regarding some HT options. Also, slightly OT, but you will be sad to know that we are selling our OHC - It's unfortunately not getting used as much and we are getting a decent price in the market, so alas she must go :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks