Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2012, 22:57   #2701
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

@khoj: Bro which of these two should I go for: GE 1 ton 2 star while bluestar 1 ton 3 star. Both are window units. The dealer is also offering llyod. Whats your take?
Old 23rd June 2012, 23:33   #2702
Senior - BHPian

Hi Wanderenomad, The GE units and the White westinghouse units that I saw earlier this year were made in China but to the specs of the two companies which would any day be better than bullshit's sorry blue star's.

Having said that I would go with Whirlpool especially if it is a window and even if it means travelling to CHD to get one, see these come with Japanese compressor, do reconfirm this with the dealer as I have not visited Whirlpool for more than an year now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
@khoj: Bro which of these two should I go for: GE 1 ton 2 star while bluestar 1 ton 3 star. Both are window units. The dealer is also offering llyod. Whats your take?
Old 24th June 2012, 10:08   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Any reason? The model is said to be operational in 100V to 290V. I was looking for good after sale support too. V-Guard is providing 3 years on-site warranty.

I f not V-Guard, then which brand to go for?

Cheers!

Vinu
130V for few mins is fine. you can go for any stab. I am staying in chennai where there is persistant voltage drop upto 130V. VEW400 fail to start the compressor when the voltage is less than 160V but if the compressor is running it can manage to run the A/C till 130V thats why I have picked VWR500.
Old 24th June 2012, 21:41   #2704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Having said that I would go with Whirlpool especially if it is a window and even if it means travelling to CHD to get one, see these come with Japanese compressor, do reconfirm this with the dealer as I have not visited Whirlpool for more than an year now.
Ok so you recomend Whirlpool AC for window. They are available here in Mohali I think. But you sure bro, and I hope the suggestion has got nothing to do with Kajol being the brand ambassador.
Old 25th June 2012, 14:02   #2705
Senior - BHPian

Whirlpool is good

If you want to spend more then get a General.

Quote:
But you sure bro
Old 25th June 2012, 17:21   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, but what happened to the thank you feature on the post itself?
Old 25th June 2012, 20:40   #2707
Senior - BHPian

Well that feature has been removed from this thread as it is perceived to be primarily an entertainment type of thingy. See below pm exchanged with mods on the subject

Quote:
Thank you, but what happened to the thank you feature on the post itself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOD
Khoj,

The Shifting Gears section serves a purpose for sure, allowing people some entertainment and even possessing useful content like the Meet threads and Assembly Line. Since we are primarily an automotive forum, the value-adding posts are those that centre around the other forums. The policy of not including posts in Shifting Gears towards overall post count has been in place for a while now- the only recent change is that "thanks" given in that section also don't count, in keeping with the same spirit.

If there was a way that you could still post and those thanks NOT be counted that would be a perfect solution, I suppose, but the software unfortunately doesn't allow for that!

Thanks for your inputs and keep posting.

Noops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by khoj
Hi noopster,

Your response does clarify regarding the missing button but leaves one wondering whether posts made in the Shifting gears section do not contribute in any which way to the forum per se.

Best Regards
khoj
Old 25th June 2012, 21:57   #2708
Senior - BHPian

OT but I think the posts in shifting gears contribute almost the same as other posts and in fact it is this section which primarily sets bhp apart from other auto sites/blogs. The mods need to do a positive rethink.
Old 26th June 2012, 01:16   #2709
Senior - BHPian

My Whirlpool which i bought last year is not cooling as it used to. Also the blower speed seems to have reduced considerably.
Any idea what can be the issue?
Old 26th June 2012, 02:15   #2710
Distinguished - BHPian

Check the fan on the indoor unit.

Scroll back a page or three to my self-service post. In fact, a few days after this, the bedroom AC started spitting ice at us. Once again, I found the fan to be encrusted with dirt, applied the paintbrush diligently, got the dirt sprayed all over me. Result: no more icing and greatly improved draught, with cooling.

(of course, check the filters first, or as well, but I'm assuming we all know that)
Old 26th June 2012, 16:14   #2711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My Whirlpool which i bought last year is not cooling as it used to. Also the blower speed seems to have reduced considerably.
Any idea what can be the issue?
Most obvious, but often overlooked cause is choked filter. In my bedroom I clean the filter twice a week as it gets choked fast. In the next bedroom, the filter cleaning is once in two months. If that differential in dust accumulated is there in adjacent rooms, it can happen any where.

The second reason is the hot side heat exchanger - outer side in the window or the ODU in a split, has clogged up due to dust and water or the fan be be coated with dust. In either case use a water hose to clean the unit from out side (that is what the service personnel do) and your problems are solved.
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:46   #2712
BHPian

Vijay Sales- Big Brand with no Value

I purchased a Sharp Split Air Condition from Vijay Sales Vasai showroom last Saturday.
Before the product was purchased, the sales people where giving us pleasant experience.Giving us lots of options to choose from, also as it was weekend so they told us there are few models that come under weekend discounts.I know that was just an offer to clear old stock.
After going through some models, we zeroed down Panasonic 1.5 Tonne split AC.We opted for Bajaj finance EMI system.
Later on,my father came home, took measurement and later realized that 1 tonne split AC would be more than enough for his room.So he went back the same evening,changed to Sharp 1 Tonne Split AC model and gave the pending documents like electricity bill,passport xerox.
We were promised delivery the very next day after 4 pm. But the product was delivered before 2 pm itself which i found little encouraging. We were told that the company guys will install the AC within 3 days from the Delivery.
When asked for the number of the person who will be giving us a call, we were told that they can contact the Vijay Sales Customer Support no and they would update on it.We believed them and left the showroom.

Now, today my father called up the VJS customer care no, wanted to know when will they call us,as depending on their arrival he has to plan his day accordingly. But the rep who spoke, kept on telling him, that they would contact us within 3 days. I was like what the hell, first they say they would install the AC unit within 3 days and now they say that they would contact us within 3 days. This was totally unacceptable. We asked for the companies number, but the rep said that they dont have their number.This was utter BS.
Few months back, we had bought an Onida Split AC from Snehanjali Vasai showroom and what an experience it was. When asked for companies technicians number, they promptly provided one and the AC unit was installed within a day.

After some heated argument, my dad asked to transfer the call to the supervisor.A person called Vinayak who we thought was a supervisor promised a call back with the number. But we are still awaiting a call from them.

I am very sure, at this competitive industry, no one can afford to give such a shitty after sales experience.Never had this kinda experience with Croma and Snehanjali. This was our first buy from Vijay Sales and will be the last buy but what a bad experience.

Why does everyone seems to give a good experience before buying a particular product and once the product is sold, why their attitude chances to "I dont give a ****". I am sure lot of Bhpian''s must have gone through these kind of experience.
I am awaiting a call from them. If they do not provide any update by EOD today, i am going to take the AC unit back to their showroom and cancel the invoice and tell my bank not to clear any of their ECS.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:41   #2713
Senior - BHPian

After having similar experience, I now make a point to
. Check the stock in the ware house. If the shop refuses, I take my custom else where.
. I check the piece both before and after delivery and if there is a discrepancy return it.
. I pay only after successful installation. If that is not acceptable, then another shop/dealer.

The above method works every time, and if the seller will not oblige then there are plenty of alternative establishments who do. You have to realize that
. There are more goods in the market than buyers
. If the bargain is too good to be true, it is so. Many are hoodwinked by sales talk and excellent bargain and then realize that is was only "sales talk". So beware of glib sales men. Better to pay a bit more than to run around.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:51   #2714
Team-BHP Support

Re: Vijay Sales- Big Brand with no Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratheekkunder View Post
I purchased a Sharp Split Air Condition from Vijay Sales Vasai showroom last Saturday.
If by last Saturday you mean the 30th of June, then 3 days are not up. So why are you getting so worked up? Its the normal practice that the Vijay sales customer service gets the installation people to call you. If you don't get a call by Wednesday then throw a fit.

Of course if you bought it on the 23rd then something is up. Why don't you go to the Sharp site and find their toll free number and ask for installation.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:52   #2715
Senior - BHPian

I am again facing cooling problem with my 5 year old Voltas Vertis 1 ton split unit. It will not cool the room even after hours of operation and we are left sweating!

I have thoroughly cleaned the indoor unit fins/filters and will clean the outdoor unit by spraying water on it in evening.

Looks like I have to get a 1.5ton unit as replacement as our room is also over-sized for this A/C, will get the old unit installed in other smaller room.

Is there a possibility that the gas may have leaked again? I got the unit filled with fresh gas last month only. The leakage was from the connector only, no leak from joints.

Someone in family suggests that cooling drop is due to the weather as A/C is still blowing chilled air. But here is also a issue - the chilled air is from one side of louver i.e. the cold air is blown only from the right portion of the louver other side blows normal air?

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd July 2012 at 15:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks