Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 10:05   #3091
BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

@khoj

That means you agree that if the installation and service is not exactly that 'demanding', the customers are left in the hands of inexperienced service personnel, which I think is the essence of both my original post and your latter observation. For most people, they would prefer to have a good knowledgeable service even if their installation is straightforward. I hope these points are comprehensible.
Old 15th May 2013, 11:15   #3092
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I think there possibility of misinterpretation. The electrician says its okay to core cut at terrace level and you say he is correct if it is a structural beam. With due respect, that's wrong.
A roof/floor beam is NOT a structural beam, since it is only the floor above which loads it.

I remember when our house was being constructed (1998-99) since two walls on the first floor were not above the walls on the ground floor, I got the structural drawings from the builder and sought help from a colleague who happened to be a Prof of Structural engineering. Both he and his colleague did a quick check and said go ahead. This is where I got the 10x redundancy and other information.

Last edited by sgiitk : 15th May 2013 at 11:19. Reason: Second para added
Old 17th May 2013, 19:59   #3093
Senior - BHPian

Need a quick simple suggestion gentlemen-
How are the 1.5 ton Cube units performing in Northern India. How has been the reliability and performance?
Need to buy 2 AC's tomorrow and if these are good I'll probably save 10k bucks.

Thanks.
Old 17th May 2013, 20:54   #3094
BHPian

I guess a lot of discussion is on structural engineering in this thread. I have a question here. My apartment complex has 12 story building + 2 level of parking. The builder has cut cores through beams for AC provisioning in all the flats. In a 3 BHK flat, 2 bedrooms have these cores cut. In a 2BHK flat one bedroom has a core cut. All 12 floors have 2 flats of each type per floor. How much the structural integrity would have been compromised?
Old 17th May 2013, 22:40   #3095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Need a quick simple suggestion gentlemen-
How are the 1.5 ton Cube units performing in Northern India. How has been the reliability and performance?
Need to buy 2 AC's tomorrow and if these are good I'll probably save 10k bucks.

Thanks.
I recently got Panasonic 1.2 ton cube AC and I am very happy with the purchase decision. It chills the room very quickly compared to my other normal split ACs in other rooms. Performance wise its fantastic.

My brother also has a 1.5 ton Cube unit doing duty in Ahmadabad for over a year now and he is also happy with the AC.

Last edited by bluevolt : 17th May 2013 at 22:41.
Old 18th May 2013, 07:44   #3096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

I recently got Panasonic 1.2 ton cube AC and I am very happy with the purchase decision. It chills the room very quickly compared to my other normal split ACs in other rooms. Performance wise its fantastic.

My brother also has a 1.5 ton Cube unit doing duty in Ahmadabad for over a year now and he is also happy with the AC.
Thanks Bluevolt. I will pick two of these today then. I think these AC's have lesser margins, so dealers tend to discourage you. But most of the excuses I was listening to, were kinda wishy washy. Nothing like feedback from an actual customer. Thanks again.
Old 21st May 2013, 08:22   #3097
BHPian

Need advice in buying an A/C urgently, based on the following requirements:

• Window A/C
  • 1.5 Ton or 15000 btu/hr
  • Room Area: 160 sq. ft.
  • Room Height: 10 ft.
  • Room at ground floor.
  • No side has any sun coming directly
  • Total glass area: 2* (24 sq. ft. ) = 48 sq. ft.
  • Temperature at req. location : 42+
  • Temperature A/C will run at for most of the time: 25-26
  • Humidity levels: 70-80 %

Budget: Less than Rs. 25000
Old 21st May 2013, 08:46   #3098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Need advice in buying an A/C urgently, based on the following requirements:

[*]Window A/C[*]1.5 Ton or 15000 btu/hr

[*]Room Area: 160 sq. ft.[*]Room Height: 10 ft.[*]Room at ground floor.[*]No side has any sun coming directly[*]Total glass area: 2* (24 sq. ft. ) = 48 sq. ft.

[*]Temperature at req. location : 42+[*]Temperature A/C will run at for most of the time: 25-26[*]Humidity levels: 70-80 %

Budget: Less than Rs. 25000
The best window unit in your budget is the whirlpool 4 star royale @ approx 25.5k.
Old 21st May 2013, 09:06   #3099
BHPian

Need advice on 1.5 and 2 ton split a/c for my flat on top floor. Was looking for Ogeneral or hitachi or voltas. Kindly advise. Rooms has lot of direct heat thiugh covered with curtains.
Old 21st May 2013, 09:10   #3100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
The best window unit in your budget is the whirlpool 4 star royale @ approx 25.5k.
Can you provide a link please? The official site lists only these three:
Attached Thumbnails
The home / office air-conditioner thread-sda.jpg  

Old 21st May 2013, 09:43   #3101
Senior - BHPian

Quick update on the Cube AC question I asked a few posts back.

I have bought and installed one 1.5 ton (19000 BTU/hr) Panasonic Cube AC and installed it in my parents' room. The room is approximately 175 sq. ft. in size, on the 8th floor (in a 9 floor building) and faces the Sun. Right now, Delhi day temperatures are in the range of 46 degrees.

The Cube AC performance is turning out quite brilliant. The air throw is lovely, and it cools down the room pretty fast. The unit is reasonably quiet and the only sound you can hear is when you set it at max fan speed (very little though). I am quite happy with this purchase, and am going to pick up the second Cube AC within a couple of days.

I paid 25000/- for the AC, including Stabilizer (140V, 2 yr. warranty), Installation and Wall Stand. At that price, me thinks this is a brilliant buy.
Old 21st May 2013, 09:48   #3102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post

Can you provide a link please? The official site lists only these three:
Its the first one.call up the customer care and find the dealer for your area.
Old 21st May 2013, 11:22   #3103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I have bought and installed one 1.5 ton (19000 BTU/hr) Panasonic Cube AC
Hi Sir, I would request you to kindly check the bill and/or packaging to confirm which specific unit did you purchase. The panasonic website shows the following 1.5 ton cube ac models:

CS-ZC20PKY
CS-ZC20PKY-3
CS-ZC20PKY-H
CS-ZC20PKYH3
CS-ZC20PKY-T
CS-ZC20PKYT3
CS-ZC20PKY-Z
CS-ZC20PKYZ3

The link of the cube ac page of the panasonic website is - http://www.panasonic.co.in/wps/porta...nditioner/cube

Thank you!!

Last edited by Samridh : 21st May 2013 at 11:25.
Old 25th May 2013, 06:39   #3104
BHPian

Ice is coming out of my indor unit.

This morning I got woken up by grrrr sound. I did not immediately knew it was the AC unit. Upon realising where it came from I turned it off. I then felt some coldness under my feet as I stepped down from the bed. It is a small piece of ice. I turned it on after sometime and its running fine.

There are few previous signs I had ignored as one off incidences. Few weeks back my wife remarked that water droplets are bring spewed out the the indor unit. Then yesterday it just stopped working for sometime: the fan would run but no cooling. At that time I did not check whether the compressor was running.

What could be the problem? Should I avoid running it until it is serviced?
Old 25th May 2013, 09:09   #3105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Ice is coming out of my indor unit.

This morning I got woken up by grrrr sound. I did not immediately knew it was the AC unit. Upon realising where it came from I turned it off. I then felt some coldness under my feet as I stepped down from the bed. It is a small piece of ice.

What could be the problem? Should I avoid running it until it is serviced?
Seems like the temperature sensor on the evaporator becoming faulty. This sensor is supposed to cut off the compressor before it becomes too cold - Get it replaced. In some cases it is part of the control circuit and the whole circuit is replaced, depending on the brand.

Most Viewed