Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2014, 21:25   #3451
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Samsung will indeed need that warranty, right from year 1 through 10 or whenever you throw it out. LOL

Given that you are in Delhi and on the top floor, if your room size is anything above 125 sq ft you may want to get the FTKD60FVM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi All,

I am need another AC ( for my mother's room) . We live on 4 floor so its get a lot of heat.

I am thinking
1) Panasonic CU-YS18PKYP Price 44,000
2) Daikin 1.5 Ton FTKD50FVM Price 45,000

Both are around same price . I am also tempted with new SAMSUNG inverter Triangle AC which has 10 years of warranty.

Kindly help and would be grateful for any price references
Old 25th April 2014, 21:31   #3452
Team-BHP Support

Was looking around for 2 split AC's 1T and 0.75T. Initially I decided to go for the new Dakin R-32 model but it seems these will only be available in June. Moreover these are made in India vs the imported from Thailand R-22 and R-410 model.

Now I am looking for the R-22 or R-410. Leaning towards the FTKS R-410. The R-22 being not eco friendly is not getting me convinced. The Daikin dealers are also saying with R-32 now R-22 will get discontinued.
Old 26th April 2014, 10:16   #3453
BANNED

@vid6639; Worldwide R22 is fast becoming history. R32 looks like a replacement for R22. R410 works al about 2-1/2 times higher pressure, so is s different ecosystem. One plus point is that the refrigerant, even a two tonner is fed in with a 1/4" copper line and not 3/8". In my house where I have a conduit for the connections between the room and outside (rooftop) units that is a big help. Waith out they may try to use a 3/8 line in the kit, which will entail brazing in 1/4" terminations at both ends.
Old 26th April 2014, 10:32   #3454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
In my house where I have a conduit for the connections between the room and outside (rooftop) units that is a big help. Waith out they may try to use a 3/8 line in the kit, which will entail brazing in 1/4" terminations at both ends.
I did not understand the 1/4 and 3/8 bit at all. Sorry.
Old 26th April 2014, 10:59   #3455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Anybody here has any experience with Electrolux AC's ? Girias in Chennai is running an offer today - 23990 for a 1T 3 star Split AC with free stabaliser & installation. All other 3 star AC's are around the > 28k.

Is this a good deal ?
Not sure about the deal pricewise, but in my experience Electrolux is one of the best AC's available. I bought one about 10 years back and still works like a dream with minimal servicing while my Samsung AC in office has been giving me nightmares every 6 months with pathetic service.

Voltas AC( A TATA Product) is also a fuss free brand in my opinion unlike their cars!!
Old 26th April 2014, 12:40   #3456
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Was looking around for 2 split AC's 1T and 0.75T. Initially I decided to go for the new Dakin R-32 model but it seems these will only be available in June. Moreover these are made in India vs the imported from Thailand R-22 and R-410 model.

Now I am looking for the R-22 or R-410. Leaning towards the FTKS R-410. The R-22 being not eco friendly is not getting me convinced. The Daikin dealers are also saying with R-32 now R-22 will get discontinued.
Myself and another BHPian were in a similar dilemma couple of weeks ago.
Here's how we decided - Inverter model due to AC's efficiency and hence savings in energy costs. The real deal-breaker turned out to be R22 Vs R410a Vs R32! Price varied a lot based on this. R22 will be phased out completely from developing countries by 2030 so that's a long horizon.
Bought the Daikin FTKE35GV1 (1 T). Cost 34.5K + 7k (Installation labour, copper piping, etc, V Guard VG400 Stabiliser). This may be the right one for you too, reach out if you need more info

EDIT: Daikin reintroduced the R22 models due to demand and the fact that it will be around for a long time especially for residential use.

Last edited by NPV : 26th April 2014 at 12:43.
Old 26th April 2014, 12:43   #3457
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Myself and another BHPian were in a similar dilemma couple of weeks ago.
Here's how we decided - Inverter model due to AC's efficiency and hence savings in energy costs. The real deal-breaker turned out to be R22 Vs R410a Vs R32! Price varied a lot based on this. R22 will be phased out completely from developing countries by 2030 so that's a long horizon.
Bought the Daikin FTKE35GV1 (1 T). Cost 34.5K + 7k (Installation labour, copper piping, etc, V Guard VG400 Stabiliser). This may be the right one for you too, reach out if you need more info
Yeah I've been bugging Ampere already.

The R-22 vs R-410 difference is not too much around 3K. FTKS vs FTKE 1T from the quotes I got.
Old 26th April 2014, 12:52   #3458
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I've been bugging Ampere already.

The R-22 vs R-410 difference is not too much around 3K. FTKS vs FTKE 1T from the quotes I got.
Well, he got a 0.75T and a 1T so exactly what you're looking for

BTW, R410a refills cost much more than R32 something to consider as well.
Unless you need a green building certification (commercial buildings typically) doesn't really warrant R32 right now - yes the environmentalists won't like us but we need to be practical as well, residential users aren't moving soon in a big way.
Old 26th April 2014, 18:32   #3459
BANNED

Quote:
I did not understand the 1/4 and 3/8 bit at all. Sorry.
R410 requires 1/4 tubing for the refrigerant from the outdoor unit, while R22 need 3/8" in tubing. Many installation kits have 3/8" tubes. So to mate with the 1/4" flares adapters have to be brazed to the 3/8" tube at both ends.
Old 26th April 2014, 22:26   #3460
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Need some suggestion here. I am looking to buy a 1.5 Ton split AC. Have already decided on getting an inverter model. I have shortlisted Daikin and Sharp.

Daikin: Have read some good reviews, specially on this thread. Does anybody know how is the service in Delhi? The best price i have been quoted till now is 42K(just for the AC, installation, stand extra), is this a good price? I am seeing in advertisiements that Daikin is claiming this has a stablizer free operation, is it really so or just a marketing gimmick. I live in a locality where we have occasional power cuts, but not major fluctuations.

Sharp: The salesman at Vijay sales today made me think about Sharp. As per him, this also has a air purifier built in and in winters it can be used as a stand alone air purifier, is it true and can it really be used as a prufier? As per him the R410 gas used in this model is far superior than others(?). How is the after sales service for Sharp in Delhi? Best price i have been quoted for this is 46K including stablizer, and 4 meter AC piping(since i already have piping installed in the room, he says i can sell it off). How good is the price?

Kindly advise and suggest if I should consider anyother model. My budget is 45K all inclusive.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by revved_up : 26th April 2014 at 22:28.
Old 26th April 2014, 22:52   #3461
BHPian

Is it advisable to buy an AC today which uses R22 as refrigerant?
Any idea by which year will the R22 be banned in India and difficult to procure?
Guys please help!
Old 27th April 2014, 01:12   #3462
BHPian

Quote:

Daikin R32 non inverter series are available in Pune with the Daikin Dealers. Not sure about the inverter series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@vid6639; Worldwide R22 is fast becoming history. R32 looks like a replacement for R22. R410 works al about 2-1/2 times higher pressure, so is s different ecosystem. One plus point is that the refrigerant, even a two tonner is fed in with a 1/4" copper line and not 3/8". In my house where I have a conduit for the connections between the room and outside (rooftop) units that is a big help. Waith out they may try to use a 3/8 line in the kit, which will entail brazing in 1/4" terminations at both ends.

The dealer here do say its a replacement for R22 and it has been introduced(invented) by Daikin. The refrigerant is also cheaper then 410. The piping for R32 Daikin model is different, meaning the copper pipe is not 3/8 line(but now it has smaller diameter). So when somebody is planning for Daikin R32, confirm that the installer has already done this model installation before and if not and is the first time, he would bring the usual 3/8 copper pipe and would realize only later when he would unpack the indoor unit for installation. Atleast this is the case with 3 star model I believe.

Last edited by tush : 27th April 2014 at 01:28. Reason: Quoted
Old 27th April 2014, 11:55   #3463
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Any idea by which year will the R22 be banned in India and difficult to procure?
Guys please help!
See my recent post on R22 - It should be around till 2030 so a long time before a complete phase out.
Old 27th April 2014, 17:40   #3464
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Guys please help!
As per the Montreal protocol production will cease in 2022. So expect procurement issues from afew years earlier. At least price will shoot up.
Old 27th April 2014, 18:53   #3465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hi Folks,

Need some suggestion here. I am looking to buy a 1.5 Ton split AC. Have already decided on getting an inverter model. I have shortlisted Daikin and Sharp.

Daikin: Have read some good reviews, specially on this thread. Does anybody know how is the service in Delhi? The best price i have been quoted till now is 42K(just for the AC, installation, stand extra), is this a good price? I am seeing in advertisiements that Daikin is claiming this has a stablizer free operation, is it really so or just a marketing gimmick. I live in a locality where we have occasional power cuts, but not major fluctuations.

Sharp: The salesman at Vijay sales today made me think about Sharp. As per him, this also has a air purifier built in and in winters it can be used as a stand alone air purifier, is it true and can it really be used as a prufier? As per him the R410 gas used in this model is far superior than others(?). How is the after sales service for Sharp in Delhi? Best price i have been quoted for this is 46K including stablizer, and 4 meter AC piping(since i already have piping installed in the room, he says i can sell it off). How good is the price?

Kindly advise and suggest if I should consider anyother model. My budget is 45K all inclusive.

Thanks in advance.

Folks, any comments on this pls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks