Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2014, 20:48   #3466
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Folks, any comments on this pls.
Skip the voltage stabilizer and the Sharp comes within your budget.
Stabilizers, particularly the cheap ones sold by most dealers, are not really needed and my personal belief is that they can do more harm than good!
Old 27th April 2014, 21:47   #3467
Senior - BHPian

All AC s can work without stablizers. Agree with Mathur sahib, get the dealer to deduct the price for the stabilizer.

R410 is R410, be it in any make's machine.

Some models of Sharp do have an ionizer built in. Whether this works independent of the compressor circuit is something you should check out. Actually it should but then no harm in verifying.

The piping kit that comes along with Sharp machines is of very good quality. Moreover it is highly likely that the piping kit that you have would not be compatible with the 410 gas and you would need to discard the same. Do check.

The kit sold by Daikin's installers is nowadays a lottery. Most of them fob the R22 gauge piping for 410 installs. Wonder what they are doing for the R32?

At this point in time for the ongoing season Sharp has the best service setup followed by Panasonic, then Daikin and the rest.

Quote:

Daikin I am seeing in advertisiements that Daikin is claiming this has a stablizer free operation, is it really so or just a marketing gimmick. I live in a locality where we have occasional power cuts, but not major fluctuations.

Sharp: As per him, this also has a air purifier built in and in winters it can be used as a stand alone air purifier, is it true and can it really be used as a prufier? How is the after sales service for Sharp in Delhi? Best price i have been quoted for this is 46K including stablizer, and 4 meter AC piping(since i already have piping installed in the room, he says i can sell it off). How good is the price?

Last edited by khoj : 27th April 2014 at 21:51.
Old 27th April 2014, 21:55   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Daikin: Have read some good reviews, specially on this thread. Does anybody know how is the service in Delhi?
Yes their service is good. In fact we trust only Daikin trained technicians to service our Hitachi unit.
Quote:
Sharp: The salesman at Vijay sales today made me think about Sharp. As per him, this also has a air purifier built in and in winters it can be used as a stand alone air purifier, is it true and can it really be used as a prufier?
All split units have air filter / purifier. You can use it in any season. It's simple logic that air has to move through it for the filteration to work, so the unit has to be at least in fan mode. Its upto you whether you would like the air draught in winter.
Old 27th April 2014, 22:42   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
All AC s can work without stablizers. Agree with Mathur sahib, get the dealer to deduct the price for the stabilizer.

R410 is R410, be it in any make's machine.

Some models of Sharp do have an ionizer built in. Whether this works independent of the compressor circuit is something you should check out. Actually it should but then no harm in verifying.

The piping kit that comes along with Sharp machines is of very good quality. Moreover it is highly likely that the piping kit that you have would not be compatible with the 410 gas and you would need to discard the same. Do check.

The kit sold by Daikin's installers is nowadays a lottery. Most of them fob the R22 gauge piping for 410 installs. Wonder what they are doing for the R32?

At this point in time for the ongoing season Sharp has the best service setup followed by Panasonic, then Daikin and the rest.
Thanks for your inputs. I am inclined towards Daikin now, specially since at the time of installation of piping the person confirmed that this is "good" quality one and is compatible with Daikin. I hope he was right otherwise i will be in a big soup if i have some piping incompatibilities issues now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Yes their service is good. In fact we trust only Daikin trained technicians to service our Hitachi unit.

All split units have air filter / purifier. You can use it in any season. It's simple logic that air has to move through it for the filteration to work, so the unit has to be at least in fan mode. Its upto you whether you would like the air draught in winter.
Sorry, I meant ionizer and not purifier. The sales guy claimed that the ionizer can work independent of the compressor and takes only one unit electricity for 24 hours.
Old 27th April 2014, 23:25   #3470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sharp: The salesman at Vijay sales today made me think about Sharp
I'm thinking about Sharp too.
Quote:
this also has a air purifier built in
I suggest you look at Sharp's site, check out the features and decide what you make of them. I found this easier to do with the downloaded brochure: AC manufacturers don't seem very good at web design.

I guess he is talking about the ioniser.

Quote:
in winters it can be used as a stand alone air purifier
Stand-alone? All [I suppose] ACs can be used in fan mode, and when doing that, they are, at least, going to be filtering the air passing through them. Whilst what he says may not be strictly untrue, I think he's in salesman-open-mouth-spout-noise mode.

Quote:
As per him the R410 gas used in this model is far superior than others
Ouch! My bullshit alarm is hurting my head!

Quote:
How is the after sales service for Sharp in Delhi?
Sharp is one of the newest on the scene, so their service is not going to as thick on the ground as other, more established makes. I forget if it was on the web, or in a newspaper ad, but I've seen some fancy response promises from them.
Old 28th April 2014, 11:27   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Myself and another BHPian were in a similar dilemma couple of weeks ago.
Here's how we decided - Inverter model due to AC's efficiency and hence savings in energy costs...
Could you please pass me the dealer details from where you picked this up in Blr ?
I have observed that most of the electronic store guys don't deal with Daikin.

Based on your experience also please do let me know if you would recommend him, and any points I need to watch out for during installation

Last edited by Fillmore : 28th April 2014 at 11:30.
Old 28th April 2014, 13:22   #3472
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Could you please pass me the dealer details from where you picked this up in Blr ?
I have observed that most of the electronic store guys don't deal with Daikin.

Based on your experience also please do let me know if you would recommend him, and any points I need to watch out for during installation
Yes, most multi brand outlets will not have Daikin, guess their margins are less on Daikin products Also, read this nice post by Zappo here - most distributors will not have swanky showrooms!

Bought from Aerogem Sales & Service (contact Mr.Srinivas C R). You can find the phone numbers on daikinindia's website but address mentioned there is the older one but you can get it on phone if you need to visit their office. I would recommend them based on my experience.
Old 28th April 2014, 14:11   #3473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
You will have to figure out the distributor guys. They will be located at most unremarkable of spaces. May be in a dingy gully etc. You may have to climb stairs also. And then you will walk into an office where the guy sits with 2 or 3 phones and will probably will have a godown kind of a look around him.
So true. We bought our Daikin from a dealer whose office resembles the description above. Its not a swanky market area, its an institutional area. There is some puddle infront of his office, you enter through a narrow corridor into a windowless room which has a decrepit Godrej table and some plastic chairs. There are no dsplay pieces, just some carton boxes placed in no particular manner. It was the most unlikely of places to buy a premium AC brand.
Old 28th April 2014, 21:16   #3474
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Need some guidance from AC experts here.
We have an onida 1.5 ton window AC.

A short while back cooling reduced and compressor used to cut off.
So we called the gas guys and got refrigerant filled.

They deliver the AC, and the problem persists, even though cooling is better now.
The symptoms are this
AC takes around 8.5 amperes, and then currents starts rising. Goes towards 14-15A where it cuts out.

The Gas filling guy says they have topped up gas and its compressor fault. I suspect they did not do the complete gas filling, just topped up some gas, so problem persists. Any idea on what could be the cause of this amperage rise and then cut - off. Condenser etc., was cleaned so dirty condenser is not the problem in this case.
Old 28th April 2014, 21:27   #3475
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Any idea on what could be the cause of this amperage rise and then cut - off. Condenser etc., was cleaned so dirty condenser is not the problem in this case.
Anything to do with electrical circuit malfunction?

- A sensor failure which results in higher drive which does not stop?
- I have no idea. Just thinking aloud.
Old 29th April 2014, 10:04   #3476
BANNED

Quote:
The symptoms are this
AC takes around 8.5 amperes, and then currents starts rising. Goes towards 14-15A where it cuts out.
Low refrigerant will not lead to excessive current. Tripping on 13A+ is what it should be. Now the point is, why is the current rising? Can only be refrigerant line blockage, or maybe a dodgy condenser. Also, is the blower motor an issue. I had the latter in my office window unit.

Very difficult to tell.

Last edited by sgiitk : 29th April 2014 at 10:05.
Old 29th April 2014, 11:47   #3477
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Low refrigerant will not lead to excessive current. Tripping on 13A+ is what it should be. Now the point is, why is the current rising? Can only be refrigerant line blockage, or maybe a dodgy condenser. Also, is the blower motor an issue. I had the latter in my office window unit.

Very difficult to tell.
Twist in the tale.
I washed the condenser area.
Switched on AC, put a clamp meter. and it is showing 10.1-10.5 steady. Not rising. over 5 hours of continuous operation(I put temp at 20 degree so it never switches off), and the current does not rise.
This is seriously weird. Just splashing water at the back and side of the AC.
Old 29th April 2014, 12:45   #3478
BHPian

Hello all,

As my query for a 1.5 split 3 star a/c (non-inverter) has been answered in the below post. My mind is still toggling between other brands too. I can stretch my budget to 35 k now. Can you please suggest me a value for money and reliable product.

The other brands that are tempting me are :
Daikin
Hitachi &
blue star.

Request you all gurus to enlighten me, I have to decide asap

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3405946
Old 29th April 2014, 12:52   #3479
BHPian

Quote:
Twist in the tale.
I washed the condenser area.
Switched on AC, put a clamp meter. and it is showing 10.1-10.5 steady. Not rising. over 5 hours of continuous operation(I put temp at 20 degree so it never switches off), and the current does not rise.
This is seriously weird. Just splashing water at the back and side of the AC.
Do check for ice formation on the fins/cooling coils. If yes, would suggest that the unit is completely water washed by the A.S.S. guys, since you have already checked the gas.
Old 29th April 2014, 12:57   #3480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
Do check for ice formation on the fins/cooling coils. If yes, would suggest that the unit is completely water washed by the A.S.S. guys, since you have already checked the gas.
There is no ice formation - Checked it. Also, grill temp with 35 degree outside temp is about 9.5 degrees. On low gas it was 15 degree +

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks