Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2015, 12:55   #4051
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am looking to buy Sharp invertor AC in Delhi but finding it very difficult to get a dealer with 1.2 ton model. All the dealers have either 1.1 ton or 1.5 ton.

I have looked up the dealers numbers provided on Sharps website but upon calling them was told they don't keep Sharp ac's anymore. Hence called Sharp toll free customer support number and was provided two dealer numbers stocking Sharp AC's in Delhi, called them and was told they deal in Sharp other products but not AC's.

I am bit disappointed with Sharp service so far. Neither the website nor the customer support have correct dealers information.

Can someone provide me with a authorized dealers name or number that I can contact in Delhi?
vijay Sales and sargam electronics but they normally have 1.1 and 1.5 ton.

Any specific reason you want the 1.2 ton versions?
Old 29th April 2015, 13:38   #4052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
The installation itself was not really professional - they did not have the circular drill to cut wall, so used a regular drill plus chisel and did not really clean up the hole.
All in well that ends well. Since I was yet to receive the bill, I made a visit to the dealer who sold me the AC. While talking to him, I expressed my displeasure at having a shoddy work and it took him by surprise. On checking about the people who did the installation, he was very apologetic and said that the particular guys who came to my house were recently joined and they sacked them after complaints.

He assured me that they have all the tools (including circular drill for core cutting) and they (the installers) are required to clean up and apply white cement after the installation to make it look neat. he promptly send couple of guys to my home next day and they did a very good job of cleaning up the installation and tidying up the drain pipe and wires.

Now, I am happy to saw that it looks like a professional work.

Sharp company contacted me to check how my AC is working and if I am satisfied, and have taken my request for a demo and warranty and the executive said some one from company will visit me soon.

Quote:
I am looking to buy Sharp invertor AC in Delhi but finding it very difficult to get a dealer with 1.2 ton model. All the dealers have either 1.1 ton or 1.5 ton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If that is the state of affairs with sales, then I dread what sort of service Sharp will provide. Best to stay away.
Aroy and Heydj - the guys with whom I interacted were really professional, so don't lose hope. I did not visit any showroom to buy my AC - called up the sales rep directly (thanks to this thread, I got his number) and he arranged the rest for me. May be you can try calling up the same guy to get the number of his counterpart in Delhi.

--Anoop
Old 29th April 2015, 14:36   #4053
BHPian

Sargam electronics keeps all Sharp Acs. Recently bought 3 Invertor acs. Top notch installations and super prices from Sargam. Highly recommended. Super low bills, great cooling, hardly makes a whisper.
Old 29th April 2015, 15:21   #4054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Super low bills
Do you have a ball park on what % reduction in bills you had after shifting to the inverter acs?

Is there a formula to determine savings, if I move from a 3 star ac to an inverter ac? We have 2 Daikins which I think are 3 star and they are run on average 10 hours each every night, round the year.
Old 29th April 2015, 15:30   #4055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
vijay Sales and sargam electronics but they normally have 1.1 and 1.5 ton.

Any specific reason you want the 1.2 ton versions?
My room size is 120sq.ft with sun light for few hours. There is another floor on top of my room. I have been told 1.1 ton would suffice but thinking 1.2 ton will be better.

Should I go with 1.1 ton or 1.2 ton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

Aroy and Heydj - the guys with whom I interacted were really professional, so don't lose hope. I did not visit any showroom to buy my AC - called up the sales rep directly (thanks to this thread, I got his number) and he arranged the rest for me. May be you can try calling up the same guy to get the number of his counterpart in Delhi.

--Anoop
Will look up the number and try that route. Most of the happy customers on this forum with Sharp AC's are in South India. Maybe Sharp's service is better that side then in North.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Sargam electronics keeps all Sharp Acs. Recently bought 3 Invertor acs. Top notch installations and super prices from Sargam. Highly recommended. Super low bills, great cooling, hardly makes a whisper.
From a shop near my area I have been quoted following prices. Can someone maybe tell me if I can get better deal

Sharp 1.1 13PMT/PHT 34k (excluding installation & stabilizer)
Sharp 1.2 15RET 37k (excluding installation & stabilizer)
Old 29th April 2015, 16:39   #4056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Do you have a ball park on what % reduction in bills you had after shifting to the inverter acs?

Is there a formula to determine savings, if I move from a 3 star ac to an inverter ac? We have 2 Daikins which I think are 3 star and they are run on average 10 hours each every night, round the year.
There is a power saver calculator in Daikin website - have you tried that?

This is another place where you can get the numbers from - http://www.hifivision.com/general-lo...nditioner.html

Quote:
My room size is 120sq.ft with sun light for few hours. There is another floor on top of my room. I have been told 1.1 ton would suffice but thinking 1.2 ton will be better.
Should I go with 1.1 ton or 1.2 ton?
Will look up the number and try that route. Most of the happy customers on this forum with Sharp AC's are in South India. Maybe Sharp's service is better that side then in North.
From a shop near my area I have been quoted following prices. Can someone maybe tell me if I can get better deal
Sharp 1.1 13PMT/PHT 34k (excluding installation & stabilizer)
Sharp 1.2 15RET 37k (excluding installation & stabilizer)
I think you can go for 1.1T.

The room where I have put my AC is 140 sqft, with sunlight falling on one off the walls. The AC cools the room in no time. Also, while researching, I read that it is better to go with slightly lower capacity than slightly larger capacity since larger capacity ACs will not remove humidity effectively (of course,the best is to go with the correct size ).

The price you have got is very good - I paid almost same for 13PET and PMT/PHT was quoted at 4K extra than PET.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 29th April 2015 at 16:48.
Old 29th April 2015, 16:49   #4057
Distinguished - BHPian

My EB bill for March/April is Rs500 more than for the same period last year. Really, cannot conclude anything fromthis: we regularly use two ACs, occasionally a third, and have only replaced one, so far, with an inverter machine.

Also, our general feeling is that the terrace heat-reflective paint needs another coat. As that costs us about 13k every 2-3 years, it might even be cheaper just to use more AC in the summer months!!!
Old 29th April 2015, 17:45   #4058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My EB bill for March/April is Rs500 more than for the same period last year. Really, cannot conclude anything fromthis: we regularly use two ACs, occasionally a third, and have only replaced one, so far, with an inverter machine.

Also, our general feeling is that the terrace heat-reflective paint needs another coat. As that costs us about 13k every 2-3 years, it might even be cheaper just to use more AC in the summer months!!!
Hi Thad
I have tried various heat reflective paints and have come to the conclusion that white enamel paint also works as well, if not better and also lasts longer!

Regarding you increased AC bill it could be because the AC compressors are running for longer durations or at higher speed (in case of the inverter AC) because of higher summer temperatures now.
Old 29th April 2015, 18:08   #4059
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Got the capo today. he is getting the motor today and installing tomorrow. Let us see!!
CThe chaps came today. They had the wrong motors. All new ones have twin motors, mine is single. They removed the motor. The capo promises tomorrow evening or latest the day after.

Fingers crossed!
Old 29th April 2015, 23:21   #4060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Thad
I have tried various heat reflective paints and have come to the conclusion that white enamel paint also works as well, if not better and also lasts longer!
Any white surfaces is better than dark, bare tiles or concrete. The one we use is also a waterproofing treatment, and it has managed to stop the leaks.

Quote:
Regarding you increased AC bill it could be because the AC compressors are running for longer durations or at higher speed (in case of the inverter AC) because of higher summer temperatures now.
Rs500 either way is nether here not there. I admit, though, that I had been hoping for a reduction. The bedroom AC is by far the most used, sometimes as much as twelve hours in a day, and six to eight hours almost every day all year
Old 30th April 2015, 09:46   #4061

Was planning to buy a Window AC
Shortlisted 3 products . fI somebody has them , can you please give feedback or rate them with your prior experiences .
O GENERAL AXGT18AATH 1.5 TON 2 STAR WINDOW AC
Carrier Estrella Premium GWRAC018EP040 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC
Hitachi Summer QC RAV518HUD 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC

First is 2 star and next both are 5 star . How much difference in quality will i get if i don't take Ogen . And how much power saving will come in taking a 5 star AC .
Usage 12 hours in a day approx .
Which will be best of these in quality and performance . Prices are generally same of all .
Old 30th April 2015, 11:13   #4062
Senior - BHPian

I have the Hitachi 5* for the last 3 years. It has really educed the Electricity Bills compared to 2 star AC.
Old 30th April 2015, 11:30   #4063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
you should install something like this on your rooftop.

http://www.gharexpert.com/User_Images/514201235539.jpg

AC will work easier and temps will be cool and steady throughout the year.
Old 30th April 2015, 11:42   #4064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuduku View Post

O GENERAL AXGT18AATH 1.5 TON 2 STAR WINDOW AC

Carrier Estrella Premium GWRAC018EP040 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC

Hitachi Summer QC RAV518HUD 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC

I've had all three brands in window AC form. Of the three the Carrier seemed to be the more rugged and lasted longest in our household. The Hitachi was the worst in cooling as well as in lifespan.
Old 30th April 2015, 11:48   #4065
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I have the Hitachi 5* for the last 3 years. It has really educed the Electricity Bills compared to 2 star AC.
yes it does. Replacing the old 2TR Videocon Split by the 2.2TR Inverter Daikin has really crashed my bills. In the morning I see the load of the whole house at about 0.4-0.5 KW.

I only hope Hitachi are more reliable. New motor after about 2-1/2 year of max 3 hours a day in summers is not my cup of tea. Let is see if it is a one off or regular.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks