Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2016, 22:35   #4711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
[*]General ---- The best one. Expensive though..

General AC was acquired by Fujitsu quite some time back, and in India is manufactured in Chennai

Fujitsu is a fantastic brand in its own right

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 12th May 2016, 07:53   #4712
Senior - BHPian

re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You would do well to avoid both brands.
Not quite sure why you say this. I own 3 Blue Star units, one which is probably a decade old and all of them work without a hitch. Post installation, I've never had to call their engineers even once. The upkeep and regular maintenance I do myself.

I can't speak for other parts of the country but considering the location of the FM, which is Trivandrum, the service support for Blue Star is excellent.
Old 12th May 2016, 23:11   #4713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
General AC was acquired by Fujitsu quite some time back, and in India is manufactured in Chennai
General Inverter units that I purchased 6 months back were fully imported ones from Thailand - not sure about the current situation. General is less expensive than Mitsubishi though and Mitsubishi still imports the units from Thailand I guess
Old 13th May 2016, 07:56   #4714
BANNED

Just ordered a Daikin 1.5ton FTKC Made In Thailand Inverter R32 Cooling Only for 48K. I hope no issue on Inverter side in long run . Any specific requirements for Inverter AC power supply. We have not been using any stabiliszer on our Daikins since past many years.
Old 13th May 2016, 08:30   #4715
BANNED

@Trust_In_Thrust; I never realized that Daikin is pushing R32 big time. Made in Thailand also using it. Anyone else on R32, else they can charge you an arm and a leg for top ups.
Old 13th May 2016, 09:32   #4716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
. Any specific requirements for Inverter AC power supply.
No. They work as reliably as the non inverter models. Just to be safe while the unit is not in use, switch off the mains or mcb.
Old 13th May 2016, 09:57   #4717
BANNED

I never had to Charge my R22. Using since 5years Daikin Splits. Daikin is using R32 for Made in Thailand units . Switching off the mains every time will be a pain but if it keeps it safe I will try to follow it. Do you suggest a stabilizer.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 13th May 2016 at 09:59.
Old 13th May 2016, 13:12   #4718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you suggest a stabilizer.
I find it hard to suggest as I have very little experience using a stabilizer. The only appliance that runs off a stabilizer in my house is our Siemens refrigerator. None of the air conditioners are routed via a stabilizer. If you must get one, get a Sollatek. While V Guard is the house hold name, I don't think they respond fast enough to voltage fluctuations.
Old 13th May 2016, 14:53   #4719
BHPian

Quote:
I never had to Charge my R22. Using since 5years Daikin Splits. Daikin is using R32 for Made in Thailand units . Switching off the mains every time will be a pain but if it keeps it safe I will try to follow it. Do you suggest a stabilizer.
Same here never had to charge my R22 bought in 2012. Bought a second Daikin last year, and if my memory serves me well, it is R32. I have stabilisers running on both units, though I have heard opinions that its not really necessary. If your location has voltage fluctuation issues, I guess you would be better off with one, at least for the peace of mind . Everest brand is what I have.

Not an answer to your query, nevertheless, couple of months back I had the board of my older unit fail on me. As in the unit either wouldn't respond to remote inputs, or sometimes would switch off / on by itself after 5-10 minutes. There were no cooling issues or error messages, and the service technicians suggested changing the board. Cost me Rs.5000/- and change, and it' been running fine since then. Anyone else face similar issues with Daikin?
Old 14th May 2016, 09:43   #4720
BANNED

Quote:
My experience is that once in five years or so splits also need a recharge or at least a top up. It is rare (not impossible) to have four flared connections, and a couple of valves with spindles with none oozing.
Old 15th May 2016, 10:23   #4721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
great am on a short trip to KL from Monday. Will try to source one there!
Did you manage to find the bags? I looked around KL last month but couldn't find them anywhere. I only found them online in Malaysian websites.
Old 15th May 2016, 12:16   #4722
BANNED

I searched for sollatek online and I see it has no display for voltage etc to see is it working as it supposed to or as marketed. Any pointers to best stabilizer for 1.5Ton Inverter. I think I should buy for 2Ton capacity as it may help when used with 1.5ton AC.
Old 15th May 2016, 15:38   #4723
BHPian

Folks, I have a LG 1.5 Ton Window AC on rent in my bedroom.

Since the past few days, the AC compressor shuts off and doesn't cool the room between in the region between 3 PM - 6 PM. Other than that, it works perfect on all other times.

It happened yesterday, so I cleaned the air filters.
It has happened again today and the compressor shut off with a thud barely 5 minutes back. The compressor isn't switching on now and probably will after a few hours.

Any solutions to this? Tried to search online but no plausible solution.
Old 15th May 2016, 17:52   #4724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Did you manage to find the bags?
Leaving tomorrow and not found them yet!
Old 15th May 2016, 20:43   #4725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post

The compressor isn't switching on now and probably will after a few hours.

Any solutions to this? Tried to search online but no plausible solution.
Well the problem might be with the thermostat or either the compressor is overheating. For thermostat, when compressor cuts out, try dropping the temperature and see if it kicks in back. To check if it's overheating, then keep an eye on the amp meter(if your stabilizer has one) and see if it's drawing more current then normal. Also check the outside condenser for any blockage.

Most Viewed