Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 17:15   #106
BHPian

i bought onida last year and believe me its awesome.planning to buy another one preety soon.!!!that explains all bros
Old 3rd April 2007, 17:29   #107
BHPian

Urgent Help Required - Branded AC Vs Assembled AC

Hi Guys,

Need your views & feedback URGENTLY on the wisdom of going in for an assembled 2 ton split AC (Kirloskar Compressor,azure unit & Napoleon kit) for Rs.27.5 K + Rs.1.6 K labour charges + Rs.3.65 K for the voltage stabalizer (Total cost : Rs.32.75 K for a 2 ton split ac with remote ) Vs 2 ton Branded split ACs. The guy assembling is reliable & have been doing it for years. The value offering at the quoted price seems v.good.

My living room (west facing) is such that 1.5 ton window AC (LG) is not effective & the room is hottest in the Delhi summers. In any case I am unhappy with LG & Electrolux ACs that I own & can't wait to replace them if I can. Please let me know if it is okay to go with assembled one or else what AC brands I should consider (which should not burn a whole in the pocket,cools well & consumes less electricity ) & expected pricing..

Thanks
Ash
Old 3rd April 2007, 18:22   #108
Senior - BHPian

Are Hitachi's sold online in India ?
How much would a 1Ton window & a 1Ton split cost ?

General 1Ton split is around 31K , Daikin is 37K + cost of pipe - 175 per foot.
Samsungs are around 20K , 15ft pipe included.

Last edited by shuvc : 3rd April 2007 at 18:24.
Old 3rd April 2007, 19:28   #109
Senior - BHPian

I got LG 1.5 tom window AC installed at my home last sunday. I paid 18K including stabilizer and installation. I may be moving in less than an year and so i stayed away from premium models.
Old 4th April 2007, 11:36   #110
Senior - BHPian

It is a basic physics principle taught in class 6th or 7th under convection (correct me if wrong). Hot air rises up and cool air travels down. All my ACs are installed based on this law only and I've had no issues about cooling, though I perch on the 14th floor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by passion4cars View Post
HITACHI .... and make sure you have it installed on near the CEILING and NOT on GROUND ......as INSTALLING on ground wont be evry efficient ...as in the minute you turn off the a/c you will feel WARM in about 10~12 minutes....but if you install on the UP side ( as in near the ceiling) it will more effitive and will cool faster.....and since its INSTALLED UP it will circulate cool air more efficiently.......

I HOPE U UNDERSTOOD what i am trying to say by SAYING install on UP....

Tnx n Rgds
P4C
Old 4th April 2007, 11:50   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
Hi Guys,

Need your views & feedback URGENTLY on the wisdom of going in for an assembled 2 ton split AC (Kirloskar Compressor,azure unit & Napoleon kit) for Rs.27.5 K + Rs.1.6 K labour charges + Rs.3.65 K for the voltage stabalizer (Total cost : Rs.32.75 K for a 2 ton split ac with remote ) Vs 2 ton Branded split ACs. The guy assembling is reliable & have been doing it for years. The value offering at the quoted price seems v.good.

My living room (west facing) is such that 1.5 ton window AC (LG) is not effective & the room is hottest in the Delhi summers. In any case I am unhappy with LG & Electrolux ACs that I own & can't wait to replace them if I can. Please let me know if it is okay to go with assembled one or else what AC brands I should consider (which should not burn a whole in the pocket,cools well & consumes less electricity ) & expected pricing..

Thanks
Ash
I have done bit of research in assembled ACs some time back and its big business. so its doing well i assume. Also i have seen Azure units working for years in small hotels, shops etc (they might have different power tariff than doemstic users). Haven't seen it in a house yet.
Power consumption might be on the higher side since you can tie any compressor to the cooling unit. So the electronics in the evaporator/cooling unit might be a generic one. While in branded ones, each circuit is designed for that specific compressor and all the parts associated so as to keep power consumption low.

so my advice is to go for branded ones which might save you electricity bills in the long run and there are pretty reliable ones which you can use for decades without any problem, and good service (if there is a problem). assembled ones will be reliable if you are in the city after buying and the seller is still in business. So there is a bit of risk in assembled ones.
Old 4th April 2007, 17:52   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
I have done bit of research in assembled ACs some time back and its big business. so its doing well i assume. Also i have seen Azure units working for years in small hotels, shops etc (they might have different power tariff than doemstic users). Haven't seen it in a house yet.
Power consumption might be on the higher side since you can tie any compressor to the cooling unit. So the electronics in the evaporator/cooling unit might be a generic one. While in branded ones, each circuit is designed for that specific compressor and all the parts associated so as to keep power consumption low.

so my advice is to go for branded ones which might save you electricity bills in the long run and there are pretty reliable ones which you can use for decades without any problem, and good service (if there is a problem). assembled ones will be reliable if you are in the city after buying and the seller is still in business. So there is a bit of risk in assembled ones.
Thank You Sir,

Very sane advise & I am more or less convinced now to go in for a branded AC only. Its just that the initital price difference is a lot between a branded 2 ton ac & an assembled one...But guess this gets covered by savings on electricity by buying branded ac.

Thanks & Regards
Ash
Old 5th April 2007, 00:23   #113
BHPian

ash bhai just have a look at the voltas and onida.they make some serious stuff.onida being one of my top recomendation list.
Old 5th April 2007, 09:26   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
ash bhai just have a look at the voltas and onida.they make some serious stuff.onida being one of my top recomendation list.
Hi Zucherro,

Thanks for the feedback..I will surely look at Voltas & Onida..Voltas being the front runner due to past experience!

Cheers
Ash
Old 7th June 2007, 00:27   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Zucherro,

Thanks for the feedback..I will surely look at Voltas & Onida..Voltas being the front runner due to past experience!

Cheers
Ash
Today my bedroom ac conked off in the middle of the hot day (what with Delhi temp.being 46 degrees max. today ). Wifey called me in the office to inform me & demanded to know what I was going to do about it..Without a second thought at 5.30 pm today I called up my local dealer in Usuf Sarai,New Delhi & placed an urgent delivery order for Voltas Vertis Plus 1.5 ton window ac with EER rating of 2.6. I believe the ac retailers were in business today as my ac got delivered only at 10:15 p.m.& installers arrived at 11 pm that too after lot of following up on phone with gentle persuasive reminders!Finally heaved a sigh of relief to have the bedroom ac replaced within 6 hours of the earlier ac conking off.I'm told by the ac repair guy that the pipe of the Electrolux ac leaked thereby resulting in mid day ac collapse..

Zucchero - So finally took your advise & bought Voltas..If this one behaves well this summer than "poore ghar ke badal daloonga" !!
Old 7th June 2007, 01:10   #116
BHPian

ash bhai,thank you.atleast their's someone who listens to me....... .
voltas and onida does make some serious products and i am preety sure 'ki aap jaldi pure ghar ke badal daloo gaye'
Old 7th June 2007, 01:39   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
i bought onida last year and believe me its awesome.planning to buy another one preety soon.!!!that explains all bros
I have an onida & it sucks big time. It is just an unbranded chinese product labelled as onida & sold here. That is my experience. I have it for 3 years now & it has been nothing but trouble whereas the electrolux, samsung & OG are working just fine.

@ash on the rocks.... good you did not buy an assembled one. recently i am seeing some ad for TCL 2 tonne at only 27k, maybe worth checking out.
Old 7th June 2007, 10:33   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I have an onida & it sucks big time. It is just an unbranded chinese product labelled as onida & sold here. That is my experience. I have it for 3 years now & it has been nothing but trouble whereas the electrolux, samsung & OG are working just fine.
Thats nice, each room has a different brand?

[/quote]@ash on the rocks.... good you did not buy an assembled one. recently i am seeing some ad for TCL 2 tonne at only 27k, maybe worth checking out.[/quote]

I think 27K for a product like TCL IMO is expensive, is it a split one?
Old 7th June 2007, 11:33   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

@ash on the rocks.... good you did not buy an assembled one. recently i am seeing some ad for TCL 2 tonne at only 27k, maybe worth checking out.
E_L : My suggestion is pls check out Voltas (A TATA product) ,Hitachi,General etc..they may be more expensive than TCL but in long term they will pay off w.r.t.to better cooling,silent operation,powerful compressors & lower electricity bills due to better EER. If you are prepared to spend 27K might as well add some more & get a decent , reliable brand mentioned above for peace of mind. Whenever I have scrounged for bargain/less expensive a/cs, I have alwayd had bad experiences & in the long term they turn out to be more expensive due to frequent repairs, gas filling & what not & the buggers do not even do there job properly..Sorry, the heat is getting to me
Old 7th June 2007, 18:24   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think 27K for a product like TCL IMO is expensive, is it a split one?
Yes, it is a split, would be better than an assembled one.

Quote:
E_L : My suggestion is pls check out Voltas (A TATA product) ,Hitachi,General etc..they may be more expensive than TCL but in long term they will pay off w.r.t.to better cooling,silent operation,powerful compressors & lower electricity bills due to better EER. If you are prepared to spend 27K might as well add some more & get a decent , reliable brand mentioned above for peace of mind. Whenever I have scrounged for bargain/less expensive a/cs, I have alwayd had bad experiences & in the long term they turn out to be more expensive due to frequent repairs, gas filling & what not & the buggers do not even do there job properly..Sorry, the heat is getting to me

Yeah, i experienced the Voltas Vertis split when i stayed in a room in pondy & the feeling was good, but then it was a brand new unit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks