Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2007, 20:10   #121
BHPian

Has anyone used Daikin A/C here? Any feedbacks on that?
Old 7th June 2007, 21:23   #122
BHPian

Daiken are considered to be the best a/c you can buy, but they are very expensive. I enquired about 1.8 ton split and it was costing between 60-65k. General comes next in prices and after that Hitachi. These 3 brands are the best available in the market.

Last edited by horsepower : 7th June 2007 at 21:25. Reason: wrong spellings
Old 8th June 2007, 01:04   #123
BHPian

1.5 Split a/c with 2 splits in diff rooms ???

Curious to know if its possible (mean such arrangement is possible) to have a single 1.5 ton split a/c with 2 splits - each in 2 different rooms adjacent to each other ??

I need cooling in both these rooms but very rarely in both simultaneously.

I think this should be a nice brain stormer .........

Jokes apart seriously need to know as i wanna go in for such an arrangement if possible.

Also wats your opinion on Llyods branded a/cs ?

Thanks !!
Old 8th June 2007, 01:10   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
Curious to know if its possible (mean such arrangement is possible) to have a single 1.5 ton split a/c with 2 splits - each in 2 different rooms adjacent to each other ??

Jokes apart seriously need to know as i wanna go in for such an arrangement if possible.

Thanks !!
namit, if you seriously look around in the market, yes that is available probably in 2 tonnes & above. You culod have one outdoor unit & 2 indoor units, please check with your local dealer.
Old 8th June 2007, 11:53   #125
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks !!
Namit,

Do not know if possible in 1.5 ton (but you can check with Hitachi) but in 2 ton you have this option with Hitachi (I think the model is called "Atom") where there are two split units which can be placed in two different rooms (but cannot be used simultaneously) . Perfect solution to your needs.

Dunno much about Lloyds though..Thought Lloyds (TSB) was a bank !
Old 8th June 2007, 12:12   #126
BHPian

Hey Aditya,
Just one suggestion. Do consider at a slight upsize on the A/c capacity. Unless it's a really small room, don't go for the 0.75 tonner. Basically if you go for a slightly bigger a/c, it will cool your room faster and switch off the compressor, whereas the li'l guy will be chugging away all day/night long. It'll also make a huge difference in summers, so irrespective of the brand you buy, do try and go 1 size up. Cheers.
Old 8th June 2007, 23:54   #127
BHPian

Thanks Ash and Esteem Lover !!

I know that its possible with 2 Ton but the voltage supply in Delhi is not enough to run a 2 tonner a/c ... i have heard this from 2 persons known to me who have a 2 ton a/c but unable to run it bcoz of low voltage from electricity board.

Hence keen for this arrangement only on 1.5 ton a/c unit.

I will check in the mkt sometime on Sunday but if anyone is aware please let me know.

Thanks again !!
Old 9th June 2007, 11:29   #128
BHPian

Quote:

I know that its possible with 2 Ton but the voltage supply in Delhi is not enough to run a 2 tonner a/c ... i have heard this from 2 persons known to me who have a 2 ton a/c but unable to run it bcoz of low voltage from electricity board.

I will check in the mkt sometime on Sunday but if anyone is aware please let me know.

Thanks again !!
Namit,

You go for a good, heavy duty stabalizer to tide over the voltgae fluctuations..This issue will be there with 1.5 ton as well. But if you are able to get 1.5 ton with 2 split units for requirements, great!
Old 9th June 2007, 20:32   #129
Senior - BHPian

LG has a dual indoor unit model. There is an old carrier in my office which has 2 compressors in the Outdoor unit & 2 indoor units.
Old 11th June 2007, 19:56   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
placed an urgent delivery order for Voltas Vertis Plus 1.5 ton window ac with EER rating of 2.6.
Ash how much did u pay for this AC?
Dealer here quoted me 18.5k for same model.

He also told me that voltas ac comes with either hitachi or national compressor.I will prefer with national kit.Is it written on the box or do i have to open the box to know it?

TIA
Old 11th June 2007, 21:27   #131
Team-BHP Support

can someone tell me the price of a voltas vertis gold 1.5 ton split ac. ive been quoted around 26k. it seems a bit steep.
Old 12th June 2007, 10:48   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Ash how much did u pay for this AC?
Dealer here quoted me 18.5k for same model.

He also told me that voltas ac comes with either hitachi or national compressor.I will prefer with national kit.Is it written on the box or do i have to open the box to know it?

TIA
Hi Doc !

I paid Rs.17K only for the a/c. Because of the steel body & the fact that the compressor was kind of shielded I could not see very properly the compressor make (think Hitachi or Mitsubishi, not sure though)..Since it was the bedroom a/c & the fact that the installers arrived late in the night,I did not pay much attention. .Nothing written on the box though..
Old 12th June 2007, 13:27   #133
Senior - BHPian

Guys, is there anyway of knowing if compressor is working fine or not. I have been running the AC in my room at low voltage (180-200) in the night, for sleeping without AC is impossible in delhi now a days and I feel my AC takes more time to cool than it took before, even when the voltage is normal.
Old 15th June 2007, 17:26   #134
Senior - BHPian

This is the first time I've heard something like this. I've 2 two tonners in my office and they have a transformer of 4.5 KW each. They run purrrrfectly well and cool amazingly though chomp electricity like nobody's business. Both are WWs and nearly 11 years old.

Quote:

Thanks again !!
Old 15th June 2007, 18:24   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
I paid Rs.17K only for the a/c.
Wow .. that is cheap for a 1.5 ! I was checking out LGs and Samsungs. 1ton is around 20K , 1.5 around 23/24.

Are Voltas prices normally lower by that much ?

Most Viewed