Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2021, 10:37   #6961
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The home / office air-conditioner thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I was also thinking, and don't allow them to go pouring coconut oil into the works.

I have silicon grease, ordinary general-purpose grease, and Singer machine oil (and, even, a bottle of engine oil!). I am doubtful about one thing, though. Won't the bearings be sealed bearings?
They should be. I have not given this aspect much thought. I just applied some silicone grease, ordinary one, at the joint where the blower assembly slides into the blower motor. This stopped the noise
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 14:52   #6962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
If you google for that code, it suggests its a inverter compressor drive error or failure. My guess is your compressor is still under warranty. Technicians might be avoiding it knowing its a big job and not something that they can make money on. Push for an investigation and tell them it might be compressor related.
So this issue got solved. Technicians were asking for 8k to repair PCB plus extra charges of 2k.

I found PCB repair hub in Delhi and took PCB directly there. Paid 1.5k for PCB repair and 1k for PCB installation and removal. AC now back to its normal self.
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 17:07   #6963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

I found PCB repair hub in Delhi and took PCB directly there.
Can you please share the shop name and location.

Cheers!
Old 29th July 2021, 18:08   #6964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Can you please share the shop name and location.

Cheers!
PCB Repair Sector 7 Dwarka. Contact Person Mr Amrit.
heydj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 19:25   #6965
BHPian

Planning to buy two 1.5T AC for our new rented location in Dwarka, Delhi. We will be taking the possession of the place by Aug 5th. As the renovation is going on, decided to install it before shifting. I selected an LG model given below
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08R918D6Y/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_FYSH40AKQ48F058G1E2A

Kindly let me know reviews of LG, its installation and after sales support in Delhi.
Am open to buying the same from the local store if it have some advantage in installation and support

Thanks in advance
Old 29th July 2021, 19:37   #6966
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Planning to buy two 1.5T AC for our new rented location in Dwarka, Delhi. We will be taking the possession of the place by Aug 5th. As the renovation is going on, decided to install it before shifting. I selected an LG model given below

Kindly let me know reviews of LG, its installation and after sales support in Delhi.
Am open to buying the same from the local store if it have some advantage in installation and support

Thanks in advance
Where in Dwarka? I bought my AC from Vijay Sales last year (Sector 7). It offered a price better than both Amazon & FK, so was a no-brainer.

A much bigger Vijay Sales outlet has since opened in Rajapuri (midpoint of the road connecting Aakash and Manipal hospitals). LG response in getting the AC serviced was very prompt. There will be no complaints service wise in Dwarka.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 20:08   #6967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Where in Dwarka? I bought my AC from Vijay Sales last year (Sector 7). It offered a price better than both Amazon & FK, so was a no-brainer.
Thanks so much for the reply. We are shifting to Sector-18. Am new to Delhi(currently residing in Bhopal). Will call Vijay Sales and check the prices.
Off Topic: Do we need to purchase air purifier separately ? Kindly guide us on heating systems for winter (Southies , even Bhopal winter is tough for us )
Old 29th July 2021, 20:37   #6968
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks so much for the reply. We are shifting to Sector-18. Am new to Delhi(currently residing in Bhopal). Will call Vijay Sales and check the prices.
Off Topic: Do we need to purchase air purifier separately ? Kindly guide us on heating systems for winter (Southies , even Bhopal winter is tough for us )
We have one air purifier that is used in my Mom's bedroom in winters, since she has asthma. None of us use it, and it is not very common either. So take a call once you have spent some time here.

Heaters are a must, you can choose to buy a standalone heater or an AC that has the functionality of a heater. I am in sector 3, reach out for any help.

Last edited by Eddy : 29th July 2021 at 21:49.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 20:50   #6969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Heaters are a must, you can choose to buy a standalone heater or an AC that has the functionality of a heater. I am in sector 3, reach out for any help.
Thanks so much Aditya. Looking forward to meet you.
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 10:08   #6970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance
I have just bought two more LG inverter AC (that is four now). One split and one window. Here is my take on LG

1. Buy from Authorized LG shops. They have the best discount schemes going. Normally they have a tie up with banks. Use the zero interest EMI schemes and get a cashback of upto 3K.

2. Resellers like Vijay Sales, Chroma etc are dicy at times. Be wary of their "warranty", it is from their side and not LG.

3. For all my AC's I have got extended warranty. So all my worries are over for 5 years. The discounted warranty is now 10K for Split and 7.5K for window plus GST. What you get is
. Two services a year.
. Unlimited calls for any problem.
. All parts and labour covered (except a few rubber parts)
. Buy the warranty from LG service engineers. If you get it within one month of purchase then you get the discounted price.
. Be wary of buying the warranty in the shop. They generally sell their own warranty.

LG AC service is excellent in Delhi. Their call centre is very polite and all requests are carried out within a couple of days - mostly in one day.

I have installed the LG AC diagnostic app, and it is a revelation. For example for my 1.5T inverter
. Normal current is 5.6A (5 minutes after start). The inverter ramps up the current slowly.
. Current for "High Cool" is 8.6A
. Current once the temperature stabilises is between 3 and 3.5A, depends on the conditions out side.
. On cool days/night at 40% setting the current goes down to between 2.4 and 2.2 A. The lowest I have noted is 1.1A.
. For those who are interested the compressor shuts off if the room cools excessively (that is the compressor at its lowest setting cools much below the set point). The current shown is then ZERO.

Last edited by Aroy : 30th July 2021 at 10:15.
Aroy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 10:36   #6971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I have just bought two more LG inverter AC (that is four now). One split and one window. Here is my take on LG

1. Buy from Authorized LG shops. They have the best discount schemes going. Normally they have a tie up with banks. Use the zero interest EMI schemes and get a cashback of upto 3K.
Thanks so much sir for the info. Called on Shri Mangala Electronics, which is near to Dwarka(got the dealer name from LG website). As per them, stocks are not much available and they will share me the list of models by today EOD.
Old 30th July 2021, 10:53   #6972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much sir for the info. Called on Shri Mangala Electronics, which is near to Dwarka(got the dealer name from LG website). As per them, stocks are not much available and they will share me the list of models by today EOD.
Normally they stock two popular models
. One with 4 way air control (up-down and left-right)
. One with two way control (up-down only)

If you do not want left righ then go for the other model it is cheaper by about 3K.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 10:54   #6973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Which model you bought and what was the final price you paid?

My sharp 1.5T inverter AC bought in 2014 needs to be changed, gas leaks in a month and technicians are not able to find out leakage point (it may be condenser).

My Hitachi Window AC 1.0T bought in 2009 (runs 6-8 hours daily)is going strong with annual service and absolutely no other expenses. My other Hitachi split AC bought in 2005 (runs 1-3 hours daily) also works fine without any expense.

But this particular Sharp AC that needs replacement runs 16-18 hours a day. So, 7-8 years can be considered acceptable life. Right?

PS: It's PCB was replaced in 2015 soon after warranty was over at a cost of Rs.9000 + 400 service charges.
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:15   #6974
Distinguished - BHPian

The whine from our Mitsubishi has continued since it began with the water wash.

The guys tightened some screws when they returned to pressure-wash two other machines, and it seemed to reduce. But it hadn't really. Then we had some delay on our part as our drive was being relaid and access was difficult, but eventually they came back and said that the fan motor (IDU) needs replacing.

Sad thing, for this higher-end brand, is that is not in stock in the country and has to be ordered.
Old 4th September 2021, 22:45   #6975
BHPian

Mitsubishi Heavy or Electric?

Most Viewed