Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 11:35   #31
BHPian

I am planning to take a BIG TV DTH connection. Does the STB have a HDMI port?
If so, Can I view Channels in My monitor (have HDMI connectivity) from DTH without TV tuner card. Techies Please help.
Old 25th November 2010, 11:50   #32
BANNED

I have been running my Samsung 32" with TataSky for three years. The LCD is HD compatible (HDMI input) but not true HD. The picture quality etc. ate excellent, NOTusing the remodulated TV output. . I thought about upgrading the TataSky to HD. e-mailed them, got a call within two hours stating that they are still to launch HD in Kanpur, and will get back to be when they do.

Saw the Airtel unit, and really liked the twin (TV + Sat) control. I am wondering which others have HD tuners?
Old 27th January 2011, 19:20   #33
BHPian

Re: TATA sky on LCD monitor

I have a 19" Samsung LCD Monitor (4:3) lying unused. Is there an easy and cheap way to connect TataSky STB's Component Video Output to the VGA input of the monitor?
Old 27th January 2011, 22:21   #34
BHPian

I got an Airtel DTH connected to a 14 yr old 14" Viewsonic CRT Monitor in my bedroom via a TV tuner card. The colour reproduction and clarity is brilliant on it. However, same thing on my Sony 32" is not that great, but much better than my neighbor's Tata Sky.

Same DTH in my parents home on a LG 21" CRT TV is much better than on my Sony LCD TV but not as good as on my CRT Monitor.

MaSh
Old 13th October 2011, 18:03   #35
BHPian

What output do the DTH boxes have?

I don't watch TV and hence didn't feel the need to change from the normal connection from the cable operator to a DTH one. Now that I've explained why I have no clue about the output, I can proceed with my question.

I have a BenQ E2420HD monitor which I was thinking of using as a second TV in the bedroom. The monitor supports HDMI, DVI and D-Sub.

Technically (correct me if I'm wrong), if the DTH box and the monitor both use the same type of connector for eg: DVI, shouldn't I be able to just plug and play without the need of a TV tuner card?

The Sandman
Old 13th October 2011, 19:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSandman View Post
What output do the DTH boxes have?

I don't watch TV and hence didn't feel the need to change from the normal connection from the cable operator to a DTH one. Now that I've explained why I have no clue about the output, I can proceed with my question.

I have a BenQ E2420HD monitor which I was thinking of using as a second TV in the bedroom. The monitor supports HDMI, DVI and D-Sub.

Technically (correct me if I'm wrong), if the DTH box and the monitor both use the same type of connector for eg: DVI, shouldn't I be able to just plug and play without the need of a TV tuner card?

The Sandman
The normal Tata Sky (not the HD), has component - RGB for video, and separate audio connector. I use my LG 23" monitor cum TV as a TV now a days. For normal monitor with no speakers you will need an external amplifier and speakers.

The Tata Sky HD has HDMI, so if your monitor has speakers (with amp), that is all you need. I would recommend HD or HD+ as the cost differential in the set top box is not much. With HD+ you will be able to program channel recording. As the channel being viewed is also getting recorded, you can pause, go back and forward (till current time) also. Extremely useful if you are interrupted while watching your favourite channel.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 19:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
The Tata Sky HD has HDMI, so if your monitor has speakers (with amp), that is all you need.
My monitor has a 3.5mm output, which i can hook up to my amp and speakers.
So it looks like I'm good to go. Thanks!

Also, which brand should I look for? Who has the best picture quality out there?
Old 16th October 2011, 21:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Also, which brand should I look for? Who has the best picture quality out there?
Just to reiterate, the same would only be possible through the HDMI port. The DVI interface cannot carry audio signals.

I have been using Tata Sky HD on my Dell for a year now. Picture quality is perfect.
Old 17th October 2011, 09:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In our case, my son has routed the HDMI to a Denon media processor. As HD has 5.1 or better sound, you require a similar set up to enjoy your sound.

The Denon does the sound decoding and HDMI/Source switching - Tata Sky, PC, Audio in for input and TV1, TV2 and additional PC monitors for output. Audio goes to the main and surround sound.
Old 17th October 2011, 13:27   #40
BHPian

Videocon says that they only have a PAL output, awaiting a response from the TS guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks