Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:12   #1
BHPian

Lets Rock - Apple Event 9th Sep 2008

Looks like that Apple Event for Teausday, the 9th of this month is on. New iPods, lower price what is Steve upto this time?

BHPians get speculating!!! Lets hear all the wacky ideas!

My guess - high capacity new solid state flash memory based touch screen iPods.

Apple event for next Tuesday, the 9th - Engadget
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:01   #2
BHPian

New iPod nano 4G, touch 2G dimensions revealed

Fresh scoop about the imminent new product releases from Apple - New iPod Nano and Touch

Lets Rock - Apple Event 9th Sep 2008-nano4g.jpg
Images of the supposed new iPod nano show a device that measures 90.75mm tall by 38.75mm wide by 6.08mm deep, compared to the second-generation nano’s measurements of 90mm by 40mm by 6.5mm. These numbers suggest that the device will be the thinnest and narrowest iPod nano yet released, though almost inperceptibly so, while also just a hint taller than the original and second-generation models. An oval-like body shape will be similar to, but apparently more pronounced than the one on the second-generation nano. Notably, the images seem to extinguish a concern that the device’s screen would be curved to match its shape; the metal body will give way to a plastic-covered screen that is as flat as prior-generation screens.

Lets Rock - Apple Event 9th Sep 2008-touch2g.jpg
The second-generation iPod touch is depicted as having a shape similar to the iPhone 3G, masking increases in both the height and thickness by using a more tapered enclosure. This device is shown as measuring 111mm tall by 61.8mm wide and 8.4mm deep, versus the original iPod touch’s 110mm height, 61.8mm width, and 8mm depth, and the iPhone 3G’s 115.5mm, 62.1mm, and 12.3mm measurements. What appears to be an antenna enclosure is shown on its rear top left, with the same headphone port and Dock Connector port arrangement at its bottom. Notably, the drawings show what appear to be volume controls on the left side, addressing a key concern of iPod touch users; the added thickness might be attributable to changes in the battery.

As always, advance reports on Apple products may or may not prove entirely accurate, and should be treated as speculation until confirmed by the company. In any case, we’ll have more on the new iPod nano and iPod touch in the days to come.

iPod nano 4G, touch 2G dimensions revealed? | iLounge News
Old 7th September 2008, 11:48   #3
BHPian

Hey MK thanks a lot !!
Apple is expected to release new iPod nanos and a new iPod Touch. While Macbook and MacBook Pro updates are also in the pipeline, we have heard suggestions that those will not see updates until at least October.

Personally I feel that Apple will see off the 4GB Nano and will be replaced with a 8GB Nano in the 4GB price.
They should see off the 8GB Touch and bring in the newer looking Touch standard capacity 16GB, 32GB & 64GB

Also it is time for an update on the New MacBook / MacBook Pro's. So lets hope for the best.
Am trying to sell a 4-5 month old HP Pavilion notebook I bought for my wife and buy a new MB / MBP.

Cheers,
Adit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyKING View Post
Looks like that Apple Event for Teausday, the 9th of this month is on. New iPods, lower price what is Steve upto this time?

BHPians get speculating!!! Lets hear all the wacky ideas!

My guess - high capacity new solid state flash memory based touch screen iPods.

Apple event for next Tuesday, the 9th - Engadget
Old 7th September 2008, 12:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Hey MK thanks a lot !!
They should see off the 8GB Touch and bring in the newer looking Touch standard capacity 16GB, 32GB & 64GB
Hope the price is revised nicely!

Cheers

MK
Old 7th September 2008, 16:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hope the price is revised nicely!

Cheers

MK
Hey MK,
From whatever experience I have with Apple, looking at their patterns it is always offering the latter at the same price of the lower model, discontinuing the lower model ipod.
For Eg. 30, 60, 80, 160GB iPods, 30 replaced with 80GB, 80 replaced with 160GB.
Older Nano's replaced with newer Nano in same price but with a totally new feature - VIDEO !!! Almost in the same price range of the older version, slight plus minus here and there.
This is due to the falling prices of flash memory and bigger orders of hard drives to Toshiba and a long relationship with them.
Cheers,
Adit.
Old 9th September 2008, 23:48   #6
BHPian

Breaking News - New iPod Nano, Touch

Steve announced new iPod nano $149 for 8GB, $199 for 16GB - these are equiped with motion sensors.
Lets Rock - Apple Event 9th Sep 2008-appleletsrock049.jpg
Lets Rock - Apple Event 9th Sep 2008-appleletsrock056.jpg

New thinner iPod Touch - 8GB, $229, 16GB for $299, and a 32GB for $399. These are now repositioned as gaming devices with brilliant new 3D graphics having Need For Speed, football etc. Also it has nike plus built into it.
Lets Rock - Apple Event 9th Sep 2008-appleletsrock076.jpg
Lets Rock - Apple Event 9th Sep 2008-appleletsrock079.jpg

Live from Apple's 'Let's Rock' event in San Francisco - Engadget
Old 16th October 2008, 10:50   #7
BHPian

LOL Just like I had predicted in my earlier post, The NEW MacBook's and MacBook Pro's are here just like clockwork in October. Launch was on 14th October.
Old 16th October 2008, 19:31   #8
BHPian

New Macbooks looks nice. But I will reserve my opinion till I can get my hands on one. If anybody has tried it in the meantime please let us know.

MK
Old 16th October 2008, 20:42   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Nano is brilliant. I got one for my sis and it's simply superb. The motion sensor works beautifully and the screen is brilliant. Paid 8.3k for it from Imagine in Forum.
Old 17th October 2008, 11:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
New Macbooks looks nice. But I will reserve my opinion till I can get my hands on one. If anybody has tried it in the meantime please let us know.

MK
Gizmodo has done a dual review. Check that out while waiting for someone to buy and give actual usage review

Most Viewed