Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2005, 11:56   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Rehaan, card was bought in the grey market, so no warranty. Unless I post you the card and you send it to Lexar US asking for a replacement (sneeky sneeky)

Will try putting it in a reader as a last resort. Otherwise seems like its gonna be another useless plastic piece like mohit's!
Hey Rtech,

I seem to remember when i sent them my card they didnt ask for any purchase details or anything! (if i am not mistaken)....mayyybe i had to include the packaging when i mailed it to them...but i dont seem to remember that.

Anyway, try it in another cardreader first...theres a 50-50 of a format saving u some trouble.

cya
R
Old 31st March 2005, 12:18   #17
BANNED

shipping it to rehaan will cost u the same as buying a new one here. rtech go to the fellow and ask him to replace it orelse u have to get a new one, 128 are cheap now at around 850 something, no choice this is the problem we face in the grey mart here
Old 31st March 2005, 12:25   #18
Team-BHP Support

Was just kidding about that Rehaan. lol. I'm just gonna get another card here.

Tried checking it in a reader but no luck there either.
Old 2nd April 2005, 01:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

i faced the same problem with a MMC(used in a mobile). its quite a pain.

can never trust memory modules. their failures can never be predicted.

but, now i get cards with 1 yr warranty for the grey market price. the dealer takes the risk. so, no head-ache for a year.
Old 2nd April 2005, 12:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Was just kidding about that Rehaan. lol. I'm just gonna get another card here.

Tried checking it in a reader but no luck there either.
Rtech

I could get you a card from Dubai, if you're interested. I bought a 1GB sd card fro about Rs. 4,000 for my iMate and I'm quite happy with it. Its one of those chinese/taiwanese makes and hasnt given me a problem so far. My first Sandisk 256 mb is just a piece of plastic now, though...

Cheers
Steer
Old 2nd April 2005, 13:13   #21
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the offer steeroid. 4K for a 1GB card, thats a darn good deal!

But, i think I'm gonna buy one here itself and I'll catch the dealers neck if it goes on the blink in less than a year. Second time lucky I hope!
Old 23rd May 2013, 20:10   #22
BHPian

Re: SD card error! Help!

Have a peculiar issue with my transcend 32 gb micro sd. Since 1 year has passed, cant claim warranty.

The problem is that the card has gone into read only mode. You can copy data from it, but you cannot write to it and you cannot format it. Needless to say i have tried the panasonic sd card format utility, sd card format utility, default windows utility, LLF utility and HP usb format tool. In all of these, the format button is greyed out, or throws up an error not stating any specific reason.

Is there any way to make this card usable again? Being 32GB in size, it meant a lot to me. Linux, windows PE or any other way which can make it writeable again?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks