Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 14:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post

My last months BB bill was way too high and upon viewing the bill, I found out that they had charged for 2GB of data transfer when my internet connection was not working for 2days. I called up customer care and informed them. They raised a service request and said they'll get back to me in a week's time. By the end of the week they called and said that they have raised a request to roll back the charges and will intimate the new bill amount within 4 days.

And 3days later I receive the call from them informing me that the payment for that data transfer has been discounted and informed me the new bill amount. All these happened without a fuss and i am truly happy with them. wish all things in life will be this simple.
Sam, are you reading this? You may recall some of the stories from the MTNL office
Old 14th October 2008, 15:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have to agree with you all here. I have had a nice experience with Airtel broadband till now. Though I never had to interact with their CC as the service never gave me a chance to do that :-). Never had a break up of connection long enough to complain!
Old 14th October 2008, 15:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good service. I hope we were able to get the same from BSNL.
The reduction of bill has some rules here. After the complain is lodged, if with in24 or 72 hours the internet does not start working properly, then you dont have to pay anything. I am not very sure about 24 hours or 72 hours. Can anyone shed some light here ?
Old 14th October 2008, 16:39   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
So do I (I will agree only for Airtel Broadband Services he he)! I have been with them for almost 3.7 years and they have been great. Very prompt in their services, trouble shooting & transparent billing. My monthly traffic is ~40-50 GB and I am on a 384 Kbps Unlimted plan. The connection speed is not extremely fast, but fast enough to satisfy my needs. Also, They promptly send a person to collect the payment either to my office or home according to my convenience.

In the year 2007 middle or so, I had some issues in the telephone line and was out of LINK for almost 12 days. No big noise made, spoke with one of those supervisors to waive off my monthly fee and promptly done.

I hope they continue to provide this kind of service always...
Same as me. At home, I also have the 384kbps unlimited plan. Like you, I do about 40-50 GB a month. Speeds are decent. I wish they would bring the 1mbps to about 1.5k a month

My only other problem with Airtel has been the billing. They never send the bill properly to my house. I'm sure it's the courier's fault but 2 times we havent recievedthe bill and hence havent paid it and they have disconnected it for a couple of days.

They should do something abt it as I have complained innumerable times.
Old 14th October 2008, 16:41   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
My only other problem with Airtel has been the billing. They never send the bill properly to my house. I'm sure it's the courier's fault but 2 times we havent recievedthe bill and hence havent paid it and they have disconnected it for a couple of days.

They should do something abt it as I have complained innumerable times.
You could opt for a soft copy to be sent to your email address.
I am thinking about doing the same, although my bills have always come on time so far.
Old 14th October 2008, 16:47   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
You could opt for a soft copy to be sent to your email address.
I am thinking about doing the same, although my bills have always come on time so far.
I'm planning to make it a regular thing from now on.
Old 14th October 2008, 17:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well so many happy Airtel broadband users!
Adding to the list am using it for last 3-4 years and no complaints so far. The connections got DC a couple of time but was fixed in no time by giving a call to customer care!
Old 29th April 2010, 20:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Airtel Internet service sucks

I have been using Airtel broadband services for the past 3 years and was immensely satisfied with its reliability and performance.
Until now.

for the past 4 days, the net simply refuses to work without any indication all of a sudden and I have to press F5 at least 20 times to load the pages. Had called the service about 16 times and nowadays it takes ages just to get the problem sorted out. In other words, sometimes the net works normally, sometimes surprisingly, the pages refuse to load.

Modem has been reconfigured on phone (I use the external beetel 220 BX1) yet of no avail. the airtel guys came to my home and at that time everything was working normally, only to notice that it stops working when they leave. Just called them up again and they still say everything is normal at their side.

Buckle up airtel, competitor is knocking on your doors. Please do not let me to get cheaper MTNL again.
Old 29th April 2010, 20:52   #24
BHPian

That's because they are doing some repair work of the under sea cables.
It's what the IVR said when I called 121.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
That's because they are doing some repair work of the under sea cables.
It's what the IVR said when I called 121.
Very true! Not just domestic internet, our office internet is also experiencing slow downs due to this repair work that is going on. It is expected to be completed by EOD 30th April as per the ETA given by the providers.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:07   #26
Team-BHP Support

Sid, penpavan is right. Though this information should have come to you from Airtel itself
Old 29th April 2010, 21:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

^^^Yesterday a friend of mine told me the same that some under sea cables have been cut or under repair; its not only the problem with Airtel, but with BSNL (pls don't tell me to ignore, sometimes BSNL rocks too) too.

Yes, I too face the same issue of F5

Last edited by aargee : 29th April 2010 at 21:08.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Same problem here. Airtel had advertised that there would be slow speed or disruption due to the under sea cable damage / repair is underway. It is a question of another day or two.

Cheers
Old 29th April 2010, 21:20   #29
BHPian

Hi friends, I too have been experiencing problems like sid. I thouht they were caused by my new router. Now I know the cause. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 29th April 2010, 21:31   #30
BHPian

The slowness is not only in Airtel, almost all the service providers have the same issue, mine home TATA indicom and office's Airtel network is down and service providers communicated this y'day itself.

Surprisingly, my reliance netconnect is working fine.

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 29th April 2010 at 21:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks