Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 21:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

I have the airtel broadband for 3 years now and till now never have i faced a problem with speed or disconnections. Whenever complained, they have rectified faults within 24 hours.

From last 3-4 days, the pages get stuck, refuse to load and sometimes the net refuses to start. I was about to call Airtel until i chanced upon this thread, the service is really good which i have experienced many times but as others said until repair of under sea cables is done, we cant hope much

P.S: I was just about to download anti malware etc because i thought my PC is culprit now
Old 29th April 2010, 21:43   #32
BHPian

As per the SMS I had received from Airtel, the undersea cable work was from 24th to 27th only.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:25   #33
BHPian

Thanks for the info guys. I was on the verge of changing my service provider coz of unreliable connectivity. After reading this thread...I guess I will continue with BSNL for the moment.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Yup I got a mail from Airtel recently about under sea cable damage & repairs. Attached is the mail.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Airtel.pdf (282.3 KB, 372 views)
Old 29th April 2010, 22:28   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone change the thread title? Very very misleading since this group lands up on top of google's pages.
Old 30th April 2010, 11:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I was on the verge of changing my service provider coz of unreliable connectivity. After reading this thread...I guess I will continue with BSNL for the moment.
Whoaaa, what makes you think that BSNL is a better choice? Read the thread completely and you'll see only positive feedbacks. Only except for Sid's post, which anyway is because of undersea cable failure of which he is not aware of. and that problem is fixed now. I would rate airtel 100th times better than BSNL, both in terms of speed and customer care. I'm a happy customer for last 3 years of Airtel. If you were thinking of shifting to Airtel from BSNL then I would say close your eyes and do it.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

I guess Airtel is the best used it in Bangalore for about 2years and NEVER has any issue at all! compared to BSNL and Reliance wimax!

btw am presently using TATA wimax and am happy with it, so far so good

BSNL almost everyday i had problem, with the hopeless service you should go for it if is the only choice you have.

Reliance Wimax, guess this wont even be my last choice, anyhow i guess this technology is gone now!
Old 30th April 2010, 14:05   #38
Team-BHP Support

I've been a happy customer of Airtel broadband for the last year or so. No complaints from my end, issues when reported were quickly attended to. Disruptions owing to cable link cuts werent intimated to me, so they score a little less on that in my books, but i usually get to know of the situation either through TBHP or else the IVR message upon calling them up.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I've been a happy customer of Airtel broadband for the last year or so. No complaints from my end, issues when reported were quickly attended to. Disruptions owing to cable link cuts werent intimated to me, so they score a little less on that in my books, but i usually get to know of the situation either through TBHP or else the IVR message upon calling them up.
+1 for the happy part. And for the disruption part, I always have had an sms sent across and most of the time, the disruption are at some unearthly hours, so not much of a disruption.
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Contacted the Airtel office. They have confirmed that by Tuesday, 4th May the problem will be rectified.

Let's see if it does. I am sure they are loosing revenue due to fewer users & lesser downloads & traffic in general, so it is in their interest as well to sort this problem out at the earliest.
Old 24th May 2010, 10:35   #41
Team-BHP Support

Got this message from Airtel couple days back.
Quote:
Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that maintenance work on undersea cable will be undertaken between May 23rd & May 27th 2010.

The above mentioned maintenance may result in impacting internet traffic (primarily towards United Kingdom and US). However, in our endeavor to provide you uninterrupted broadband experience, Airtel is taking all necessary steps to re-route traffic through alternate path.

Should you require further assistance, do call us at 121 from your Airtel Fixed line or 44444121 from other phones

We appreciate you for having chosen Airtel as your preferred service provider and thank you for your continued patronage

Warm Regards,

Airtel Telemedia Services
Today I am unable to visit either facebook or Hyundai India website when I tried.
Old 24th May 2010, 11:04   #42
Team-BHP Support

Samurai, i also got a similar SMS for my landline. The last time there was a downtime, it was resolved for me in a few hours time. I've had nothing to complain about the resolution of isues with Airtel broadband services.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th May 2010 at 11:11.
Old 26th May 2010, 21:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Whoaaa, what makes you think that BSNL is a better choice? Read the thread completely and you'll see only positive feedbacks. Only except for Sid's post, which anyway is because of undersea cable failure of which he is not aware of. and that problem is fixed now....
I agree with you Kaushik, its just that I had to go with BSNL coz Airtel didnt provide a connection where I was staying previously and not because it was the best choice.

I have switched to Airtel from last week and I am enjoying it

Last edited by neutralgrey : 26th May 2010 at 21:03.
Old 27th May 2010, 14:51   #44
BHPian

one bad experience on my part

I tried to get connection from Airtel a couple of time around the past 1-2 years but both time without success.

First time they simply said they cannot provide connection in my area (Bannerghatta road).

Second time when enquired about the 4Mbps plan, they had accepted the request, and took a deposit of around 5000 rs and later they said, they cannot provide this plan at my location. Also it tooks around a month to get the deposit returned after some email/phone communication with them.
Old 22nd September 2010, 07:37   #45
BHPian

Hi guys,
This is really funny.I am a slightly-less-satisfied BSNL BB user and after reading all the good things about airtel BB, I have been trying to see the tariff but the page is just not opening.
All the other sites are working just fine including Team BHP.
If their web site does not open I presume they are ...Jinxed?? lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks