Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 13:46   #61
BHPian

Well, I asked because hard-disk noise drives me crazy. I dont even have a music system - I just use a DVD player that reads(USB) from an external hard-disk(250G WD book), and plays it on a TV. The whirring of the disk annoys the hell out of me. I cant imagine how that drone would be to somebody with such a hi-fi setup. Something like squeezebox makes great sense, since it's fanless and all SSD - no wonder they are highly recommended.

However, RoC has the simplest solution yet. I've read elsewhere that some Macs are fanless and relativey quieter than PC counterparts, so it could be an acceptable solution.
Old 5th January 2009, 13:54   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Hydrashock
How much does that keyboard cost?
The KB + Mouse + receiver combo came to 6.2K or 6.3K (about 6 months back), I don't remember which. The KB & Mouse will work with any machine that has Bluetooth -- the specific dongle that comes as part of the package is not really needed.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Well this is not very hard. I use kmplayer for movies and foobar2000 for audio. Both work fine with the MCE remote in WinXP Professional. No need of media center edition. Once you install the remote's usb receiver, you need to let windows download the drivers by connecting to the microsoft download site. After that its smooth as silk.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

^^ Are you sure this will work without MCE also? Thats cool. Will this help operate Media Player Classic? And is this available locally? I couldnt find any links on googling. Approximate price?
Old 11th January 2009, 21:07   #65
Team-BHP Support

Just came across this :

Audio Products India - Powered stereo speakers for your home and office.

cya
R
Old 11th January 2009, 21:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

that still involves an A-D conversion at the transmitter and a D-A at the reciever end. not sure if it will be the weak link
Old 11th January 2009, 22:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
^^ Are you sure this will work without MCE also? Thats cool. Will this help operate Media Player Classic? And is this available locally? I couldnt find any links on googling. Approximate price?
I got it with a TV tuner (HP rebadged Hauppauge WinTV PVR150). The entire kit costs 1200 bux. Alternatively you can try the logitech harmony and emulate it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks