Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 11:04   #46
BHPian

Re: Using wireless / 2-way radios on the road

New CB radio handhelds have been launched and these are pretty promising as they have a 4W output and a good battery. saw them here at www.facebook.com/indiacb.
Old 17th July 2012, 00:29   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
These are not legal to use in India as the frequencies used by FRS are allocated to the police and other authorities in India. These sets are only 0.5 W in power and good for 3-400 m at best.

Good luck
Thanks. If the FRS frequencies are allocated to Police in India what about the GMRS ones? You seem to be really good in this area, thanks for sharing knowledge - do you deal in them as well?
Old 17th July 2012, 08:25   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Thanks. If the FRS frequencies are allocated to Police in India what about the GMRS ones? You seem to be really good in this area, thanks for sharing knowledge - do you deal in them as well?
FRS and GMRS frequencies fall in the 400-520 MHz band which is not meant for open public use in India as per the band plan provided by the Wireless Planning Commission (WPC). A lot of bandwidth from this band is given to law enforcement agencies and FRS/GMRS radios are bound to overlap somewhere. Besides this the FRS and GMRS radios sold here are only 0.5W max output power rated and good for a few hundred meters line of sight comms. The power goes down as the batteries deteriorate. Getting a professional CB radio is a better option as CB handhelds are 4W output and have far better batteries. They also have advanced circuit setups to manage the battery power for optimal output. Most importantly CB radios are legal to use whereas FRS and GMRS radios are not.

For more information on CBs , go to www.facebook.com/indiacb
Old 6th January 2014, 10:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Help required on wireless frequency information for microphone

Hello,

Looking for details to select a wireless lavalier microphone kit to be used in India. Unfortunately wireless means not the same for US and India hence looking for frequency range acceptable for India use on a transmitter and receiver used in microphones.

I was trying to gather spectrum details from the products sold in India such as shure and Sennheiser but the resulting frequency details are totally different hence still in confusion.

http://bajaao.com/shop/283-wireless-...s-monitor.html

http://www.rajmusical.com/shure-slx2...ne-system.html

Two of the above product comes with

Switching bandwidth: 24MHz vs 42MHz
RF frequency range: 516-558MHz vs 518-782 MHz

I'm not looking to buy this exact models but wanting to know what frequency range products I should look when buying a wireless transmitter and receiver in USA for use in India.

The following products are in my interest but not sure if they will fit into Indian wireless microphone allowed spectrum.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-UWPV6%2F4244/

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless...-ew-100-eng-g3

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Old 20th January 2021, 12:34   #50
BHPian

Although this is an old thread. Recently found articles online that some UHF frequencies have been allowed for use, license free.

In Amazon India there are a huge range of Walkie Talkies available using 400~480 Mhz being marketed as License Free.

The usability of portable radios on the road or on hikes especially when traveling in a group is hugely underestimated.

My professional radio license is not recognised in India and I am unable to find any D.O.T circulars which allow any frequency to be used license free.

Are there any such frequencies in the VHF/UHF range for portable transceivers which are allowed for use license free in India in 2021?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks