Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 16:23   #1
BHPian

Need help on DishTV Antenna realignment

Have been missing on a lot of channels on my DishTV, go to know that only when I saw a lot more channels at by brother's place.

I think the antenna needs a realignment. Is there anythign else that I can try?

Is Antenna realingment something that we can do on our own or is it better to get a DishTV service center guy?

Does anyone have any direct contact mumbers to DIshTV technicians?

Regards,
Ferrari1976
Old 21st November 2008, 17:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

You will have to call DishTV customer care for this. Do not attempt to align the antennae yourself as you might do more damage than good, without proper equipment.

EDIT - Just read his quote
"Have been missing on a lot of channels on my DishTV, go to know that only when I saw a lot more channels at by brother's place"

Well, the most obvious reason for this might be that both of you have different packages! Please compare your package details first before calling DishTV.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 21st November 2008 at 18:00.
Old 21st November 2008, 17:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

I dont see how aligning the dish will help you get more channels. On DTH dont you get what you pay for? Aligning the dish is generally done when picture quality is bad or has other problems.
Old 21st November 2008, 18:19   #4
BHPian

I have the Maxi+ package...that the best DishTV offers!!!

I will take your advice and contact the Service Center.

Regards
Old 21st November 2008, 18:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, what you are saying is something very rare. I find this surprising, unless of course you have installed the dish antenna yourself.

These DTH guys have standardised installation guide which does not differ by package chosen. By default, they have to align the dish to their respective satellite at the time of install FOR ALL CUSTOMERS.

AFAIK, weather conditions, unless extreme, cannot change the alignment. Only human force can do it (i.e. evil intentions).
Old 21st November 2008, 19:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

every dish has this setup section where it shows signal quality/strength (or airtel atleast has). There you can see whether alignment is an issue or not.

more likes your package is full only in billing, not in STB.

Don't trust their IT systems. pain cust care.
Old 21st November 2008, 19:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Aligning a dish is a 2 minute job and nothing worth getting a service guy in for unless your dish is mounted in an odd place and sorting it uit yourself is a health and safety issue.

Go into your setup meus and check your signal level and quality. It is singlan quality that matters.
Old 21st November 2008, 20:20   #8
ECM
BHPian

I myself aligned my dish and kept porable t.v nearby but as rightly said by other members it is always better to take help of technical guys,have you re-searched your s.t.box?
Old 22nd November 2008, 04:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

if you dont have a portable tv aligning is not an easy task, as the person who is aligning cannot see the changes his subtle variations to the orientation brings about.Trusting another person to give feedback via mobile may work, but it is a frustrating procedure.
Old 22nd November 2008, 18:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

If the tv volume can be turned up then you can allign the dish yourself as the beep of the signal goes up with inc rease in quality of the signal
Old 22nd November 2008, 18:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

basically to get all the channels you have to reset the STB and start up again .. you shall find the missing channels then.
Old 22nd November 2008, 18:57   #12
BHPian

Tried a few things on my own and was able to get a few missing channels...but then decided against more experiments...have called up the Meltek (the DISH distributor in Pune) and they should respond in a day or two...

For all those in Pune, instead of waiting on the Dish Customer service line, you can call Meltek on 020-66320148

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks