Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:49   #1
BHPian

Nokia Mobile problem

( Modes please move if similar thread exists )

I am facing strange problem with my nokia 5700 model. Many times I can hear the voice from other side , but they can't here me.

Restarting the phone solves the problem , and I don't know any other alternatives for the same.

I heard that many nokia phones have similar problem. any idea what can be done?

( I have already tried updating the firmware through nokia software and it dosen't help. If you know any other alternatives please let me know. )
Old 3rd December 2008, 10:52   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
( Modes please move if similar thread exists )

I am facing strange problem with my nokia 5700 model. Many times I can hear the voice from other side , but they can't here me.

Restarting the phone solves the problem , and I don't know any other alternatives for the same.

I heard that many nokia phones have similar problem. any idea what can be done?

( I have already tried updating the firmware through nokia software and it dosen't help. If you know any other alternatives please let me know. )
This happened to my wife's Nokia phone too recently. It has something to do with humidity levels. As restart also did not work, I got her to open it up and wipe the SIM card and put it back which solved the problem.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:20   #3
BHPian

well looks like u are running version 3.27 (do *#0000#) to check that
or u have some tools like Ytasks installed.

firmware update from nokia website is not updated but the same is available from nokia service center.

I had this issue on my 5700 but it vanished when i had a software update and i did not intalled tools that play with system internals.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Err, I had a similar problem but it turned out to be a faulty IC behind the mic which carries the signal. I dont think its a generic Nokia problem. Best to get it checked at a service center.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:26   #5
BHPian

Yes I have so many apps in my phone including the YucaTools. Now what should I do?

should I just uninstall Yuca and update the firmware again?
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Backup your whole phone memory to your memory card and save your contacts in the PC.Remove memory card, update firmware, get back only your contacts and see if the problem persists. This way you will know if it is a third party application problem or if your mic is messed up.
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Have you considered this could be a call setup fault (service provider) instead of being a handset problem?

One-way calls (you can hear the other party but they cannot, or vice versa) is a known transient problem in the telecom world. It can happen to a few calls sometimes, and it is so difficult to diagnose (random happening) that most service providers will say "please try calling again" if you ask them. The problem is usually at one of the exchanges involved in the call path. This can happen both with landlines as well as cellular phones.

One doesn't have to restart the handset to get through - the call is OK the next time you try. If you find this happening often, complain strongly to your service provider about it. Be prepared to answer stupid questions (about which handset, which area, morning or evening, etc. etc.) asked by a person reading a call center script, before you can expect them to understand that there is a problem.

Last edited by DerAlte : 3rd December 2008 at 16:50.
Old 8th December 2008, 11:46   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Yes I have so many apps in my phone including the YucaTools. Now what should I do?

should I just uninstall Yuca and update the firmware again?
I would recommend you to take backup of SMS , Notes , calender, Mp3z etc. Format the phone + memory. Upgrade the firmware use the phone for a while then install all programs slowly (say 1-3 in a day) so that u can pin down on the culprit program (if any).
Old 31st October 2013, 23:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nokia Mobile problem

My Nokia Lumia 520 developed a problem since yesterday. Missed calls are not being indicated and is causing great hardship.
Can any mobile phone Gurus help me out in restoring this. The phone hung once and I feel thedefect is the aftermath of this freezing.
Old 31st October 2013, 23:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
My Nokia Lumia 520 developed a problem since yesterday. Missed calls are not being indicated and is causing great hardship.
Can any mobile phone Gurus help me out in restoring this. The phone hung once and I feel thedefect is the aftermath of this freezing.

Back up all your data to cloud and reset the phone to factory defaults. That should fix it.
Old 1st November 2013, 11:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
My Nokia Lumia 520 developed a problem since yesterday. Missed calls are not being indicated and is causing great hardship ...
Did you mean missed calls as in the ones that the phone rang but you didn't pick up? Or the ones that your phone didn't ring and the caller called back and said 'Hey, your phone was ringing and you didn't pick up the call'.

In the first case, possibly the phone just needs a restart. In the second case, it is the cellular provider who sends you a message (Missed Call Alert) informing you about the missed call (call could not be established to you for some reason). MCA is a paid service usually. If you were not paying for it / it was free for you - check back with your operator: some highly proactive back-end person might have reset that option for you for whatever reason!
Old 1st November 2013, 13:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Did you mean missed calls as in the ones that the phone rang but you didn't pick up? Or the ones that your phone didn't ring and the caller called back and said 'Hey, your phone was ringing and you didn't pick up the call'.
The real snag is that since two days the incoming calls as well as the missed calls(which I could not pick up as I was at the wheel or in official meetings as well as those calls that comes in when I was speaking to other numbers do not get recorded in the history list. and hence I am unable to know who all called to call them back.
I deleted the entire history and it started recording as if there is a limit to the total numbers that can be recorded in the history. But in which case, only the first number should get deleted first automatically and in that order.
I have handed over the phone to the dealer for checking. It all started after the phone got hung once.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks