Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 05:03   #31
BHPian

Hi guys,

Im planning to buy a cordless phone. Im right now in germany. Do u think buying in europe would be better option or buying it from India.. and which company and model do you suggest.

My requirement is for home purpose.
Old 6th September 2010, 02:11   #32
BHPian

Cordless Phones in Bangalore ?

I am looking out for a good cordless phone to replace my old beetel in b'lore. Could you please suggest some good brands/models and dealers in south of b'lore.

Thanks.
Old 6th September 2010, 09:03   #33
BHPian

Check out panasonic cordless phones.
The Croma store next to Woody's near Central in J.P. nagar has some nice models.
They have some beetel one's too if you are interested.
Old 6th September 2010, 09:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have at least 5-6 cordless phones lying around in my attic. These are either not working or their batteries are not available in India. I have tried many brands including Panasonic, GE, Sony, etc. None of them lasted longer than one year. And considering the amount I spend on them so far, I think it was total waste. It is really sad to see more and more sub standard phones appearing in shops these days. Hope sometime, somebody will make some durable model. I use only landline phones now. It also helps to reduce the phone bills.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfyre View Post
Check out panasonic cordless phones.
The Croma store next to Woody's near Central in J.P. nagar has some nice models.
They have some beetel one's too if you are interested.
I would not be interested in beetel again. Do you have any particular panasonic models in mind ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I have at least 5-6 cordless phones lying around in my attic. These are either not working or their batteries are not available in India. I have tried many brands including Panasonic, GE, Sony, etc. None of them lasted longer than one year. And considering the amount I spend on them so far, I think it was total waste. It is really sad to see more and more sub standard phones appearing in shops these days. Hope sometime, somebody will make some durable model. I use only landline phones now. It also helps to reduce the phone bills.
How does a corded phone reduce the phone bills in comparison to cordless phone ?
Old 6th September 2010, 12:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

How does a corded phone reduce the phone bills in comparison to cordless phone ?
The inconvenience of sitting at one place and answering the call, will make you uncomfortable and cut the duration of the call. that way, your outgoing phone calls will be of lesser duration & reduce the bill
Old 6th September 2010, 13:46   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I would not be interested in beetel again. Do you have any particular panasonic models in mind ?
KX-TG3531BX is the model.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
The inconvenience of sitting at one place and answering the call, will make you uncomfortable and cut the duration of the call. that way, your outgoing phone calls will be of lesser duration & reduce the bill
Exactly. And in my home, there is no seat near the phone either! It is kept near the TV stand. Whoever talks will have to stand there and calls will rarely exceed 10 minutes. I had this issue of unending calls with my cordless phones, especially those involving in-laws. Mobile phones are mostly used for incoming calls.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Exactly. And in my home, there is no seat near the phone either! It is kept near the TV stand. Whoever talks will have to stand there and calls will rarely exceed 10 minutes. I had this issue of unending calls with my cordless phones, especially those involving in-laws. Mobile phones are mostly used for incoming calls.
good practice.
In my home, we almost forget the fact that we have landline! it is always mobile phone for anything. Landline is only to recieve incoming calls/internet
Old 6th September 2010, 16:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

I have found Beetel phones to be of very poor quality. Have not seen a single without multiple issues. Well, what else can you expect from Bharti anway??

On the other hand, we have a Sanyo that is going great guns for ages (easily well over a decade or maybe even a decade and a half). Looking at at just the build quality, I am averse to replacing it with anything I have seen in the market. The battery has been changed 3 - 4 times till date. The original Sanyo batts were the best by a HUGE margin and the current Eveready (made in China, imported by Eveready India. Got them in a supermarket.) are the second best. Have been going great for 3-4 years now. The other replacements were also labelled Sanyo, and looked fairly genunine, but they were most definitely fakes as they hardly lasted a year or so.

Last edited by Raccoon : 6th September 2010 at 16:28.
Old 6th September 2010, 22:17   #41
BHPian

I am using a Panasonic that I brought from US.
Works well for me. Had to buy a UPS for the phone, modem and STB though.
Later I saw similar models in Bangalore shops at almost the same price.
Old 6th September 2010, 23:34   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfyre View Post
KX-TG3531BX is the model.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I have found Beetel phones to be of very poor quality. Have not seen a single without multiple issues. Well, what else can you expect from Bharti anway??

On the other hand, we have a Sanyo that is going great guns for ages (easily well over a decade or maybe even a decade and a half). Looking at at just the build quality, I am averse to replacing it with anything I have seen in the market. The battery has been changed 3 - 4 times till date. The original Sanyo batts were the best by a HUGE margin and the current Eveready (made in China, imported by Eveready India. Got them in a supermarket.) are the second best. Have been going great for 3-4 years now. The other replacements were also labelled Sanyo, and looked fairly genunine, but they were most definitely fakes as they hardly lasted a year or so.
Can we get sanyo in b'lore now ? If so, could you please let me know the model and dealer details ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I am using a Panasonic that I brought from US.
Works well for me. Had to buy a UPS for the phone, modem and STB though.Later I saw similar models in Bangalore shops at almost the same price.
Could you please let me know about the model and price ?
Old 7th September 2010, 01:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice!
Thanks.

Can we get sanyo in b'lore now ? If so, could you please let me know the model and dealer details ?
No idea dude... and even less so about Banglore. Don't even know if they are in the Indian market as of now; or if the quality of the stuff here is the same. Try searching online if you can find something and/or shops where you get imported stuff, etc.
Old 22nd October 2010, 02:49   #44
BHPian

Uniden in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
my 2 cents.
Cordless - Have a Uniden, Except for the caller id issue its a great phone with excellent voice clarity both for speaker mode and non speaker mode.
When I tested it before buying, found that the voice clarity was much better than Panasonic ,also the size of the handset was much smaller than a Panasonic.
Where can we get the Uniden Cordless in Bangalore ?
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:17   #45
BHPian

When shopping for a cordless phone for India, first thing to look for is the battery in the base station, as power disruption is common. UPS/inverter at home does the job as well. But, the UPS keeps beeping when on back up, which could be irritating.

Second point to check is the battery. Sometimes there will be some wrapping on the cells. Rechargeable Metal Hydride cells would be ideal as they are easily available.

Then check the voltage ratings of the charger. Its better that the output voltage be 6V or 12V, as charger/adapter with these voltage ratings are available very easily. Furthermore you could use a 6V or 12V sealed lead acid battery as back up.

After buying the cordless phone, you should invest in an good power adapter with surge protection for both power and telephone line, like this. If your UPS provides these protection, then the adapter is not required.

We have lost many a cordless phone to thunderstorms, because we forgot to disconnect the them from the lines. This is especially applicable if you are using the wired connection from BSNL in a village. Since we started using WLL service from Reliance, never had this problem.

Currently we have a corded phone and a cordless phone, both from Panasonic, working fine for the past 2 years.

I have just covered the electrical aspects of buying cordless phones. Communication/electronics experts in this forum could elaborate on the other aspects.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks