Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2010, 20:20   #46
BHPian

2.4GHz v/s 5.8 GHz Cordless?

Is there any limitations on frequency in India? I mean does the 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz cordless supported in India? Also, which would be better 2.4GHz or 5.8 GHz for Indian conditions?

Please advise.

Old 28th October 2010, 21:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

5.8 GHz is better since it wont interfere with WiFi which is in 2.4 GHz band.
Old 28th October 2010, 22:49   #48
BANNED

Both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz sets are available in the market (I have seen Panasonic).
Old 28th October 2010, 23:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

I can't find a link now, but there was a research saying the electrical pollution is most with the new DECT phones.

I have a DECT phone in my home , and I want to change it to corded phone soon.

EMF Pollution And Its Potential Health Risks
Old 28th October 2010, 23:33   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I can't find a link now, but there was a research saying the electrical pollution is most with the new DECT phones.

I have a DECT phone in my home , and I want to change it to corded phone soon.

EMF Pollution And Its Potential Health Risks
That's the reason ,I still don't have cordless . Don't need it .
Don't even have wireless router for internet broadband .But cannot avoid mobile ( but minimizing it ) .
Old 30th October 2010, 00:00   #51
BHPian

Uniden TRU9485-R?

Quote:
Please let me know if this works in India? This is not a DECT Phone. So electrical pollution should be low.

Uniden TRU9485-R
Old 1st November 2010, 10:13   #52
BHPian

Uniden TRU9485-R?

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Bumping up your own query is strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, it is considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 1st November 2010 at 20:19.
JMaruru is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd February 2011, 16:54   #53
BHPian

Re: Digital cordless phone service in bangalore?

Can anyone please let me know of a cordless phone service center in and around south of Bangalore? My Uniden cordless phone is having some issues.

Old 3rd March 2011, 08:44   #54
BHPian

Re: Siemens A490 and A495 cordless phones?

Does anyone here has opinion on siemens A490 or A495 cordless phones? It is available in croma for around 2K.

Please advice.
Old 22nd August 2011, 00:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: Digital cordless phone for home use

Though my requirement is not exactly for a cord-less phone, I don't want to create a new thread for a similar requirement.

These days, I have to attend long official calls and hence looking for a good speaker phone. I prefer a corded model to minimize interference with my wifi router placed nearby. Another requirement is the size. The smaller the better. I don't need caller id, multiple ringtones etc. Just a good speaker would do. Option for headphones would be an added plus though.
Please suggest some good models. I searched for panasonic ones, but see that all corded phones are very bulky and loaded with features I don't really want.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
These days, I have to attend long official calls and hence looking for a good speaker phone. I prefer a corded model to minimize interference with my wifi router placed nearby. Another requirement is the size. The smaller the better. I don't need caller id, multiple ringtones etc. Just a good speaker would do. Option for headphones would be an added plus though.
Please suggest some good models. I searched for panasonic ones, but see that all corded phones are very bulky and loaded with features I don't really want.
Try the Alcatel 'Temporis' corded speaker phone. I am using one, and quite happy with it. It is available for around 700 bucks.
Old 3rd April 2014, 14:19   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Can anyone please let me know of a cordless phone service center in and around south of Bangalore? My Uniden cordless phone is having some issues.

Did you find one? i am looking for a place to fix my Panasonic cordless which is not charging. I think some problem with the adapter.
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Did you find one? i am looking for a place to fix my Panasonic cordless which is not charging.
I had been to this place.

Compac Telesystem
# 240/5, 8th Main Road, SR Nagar, Bangalore-560027 (Karnataka) Mr.Belliappa/ Sri Hari 080-41476445,40912730, 9880405873/9844003272
Old 21st May 2015, 14:16   #59
BHPian

I need a good phone with speaker ability and with an ability to use headphones. I am fine with corded phones. The primary purpose of the phone is for usage in office conference calls. Please could recommend a good phone for this purpose?
Old 15th September 2015, 23:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Courtesy Airtel's terrible network and iPhone's smartness (no way to ensure 2G only), I'm now forced to get a cordless phone at home for office conference calls. I will sit ~20m across from the base station with a bathroom(i.e two walls) intervening in the signal. Any recommendations?
My interests are in:
  1. Good call quality even across walls and a bit of distance
  2. Ability to plug in a headphone if possible, else good speakerphone
  3. 5.8 GHz (?) since it will be right next to our wifi router and I want to minimize interferece (need to boost the signal as well).
Sorry for the mass quote but that's the best way for getting many folks' attention! I'm in GGN and I'd really prefer to order online if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Did you find one? i am looking for a place to fix my Panasonic cordless which is not charging. I think some problem with the adapter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I had been to this place.

9880405873/9844003272
Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I need a good phone with speaker ability and with an ability to use headphones. I am fine with corded phones. The primary purpose of the phone is for usage in office conference calls. Please could recommend a good phone for this purpose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Though my requirement is not exactly for a cord-less phone, I don't want to create a new thread for a similar requirement.

Quote:
I can't find a link now, but there was a
Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
That's the reason ,I still don't have cordless .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz sets are available in the market (I have seen Panasonic).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
5.8 GHz is better since it wont interfere with WiFi which is in 2.4 GHz band.

Most Viewed