Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 15:38   #16
BHPian

Are you sure the ratio is that skewed towards bad. Coz I am on the same network and while I, being a postpaid consumer, do face those issues mentioned by you, they are not up to that extent. Their customer services is also not as bad as you have mentioned. They have been pretty good on that front, 'lately'. What my understanding of the issue is that they must be going through some network upgrades to 3G compatible hardware and this teething pain is a result of that.

Bear with it, their network is managed by the best in the business (Nokia/Ericsson/IBM/Others) and they will soon bounce back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
AirTel network is horrible in Mumbai. Its ture 50% of time when you dial a number one can hear the prerecorded voice that the phone is not reachable, even when the person is sitting next to you. Another annoying thing is that the line get disconnected in between (70% of time). During STD calls 10% of time the line become one sided. Bharti may be the number on in India in terms of customer base but most probably the last one in respect to service. I'm just thinking the funda behind that!!!
Old 5th January 2009, 16:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

All explainations for 'bearing with it' are delaying tactics. Fact is that the network has been ultra pathetic since over a year. To top it, the other issues I have already mentioned.

The most concrete thing you can do is get out of such an awful service asap. That is the only thing that will possibly improve things. Airtel has no need to imporve anything as long as you continue to pay your hard earned cash for such a disgusting service.

Just jump on the service that gives the best value for your buck without waiting a minute. Dont get impressed with names like IBM/Nokia/or whatever... I wouln't care 2 hoots if Nokia/IBM managed the service or the Masai or the Eskimoes. It just got to work like it should, whoever manages it!

Btw, I myself moved out of Airtel & onto Idea months ago... but I maintain the number (as a secondary number) so that my (intert) friends can call me cheap. But its perhaps not even worth that.

Most Viewed