Team-BHP - Reliance data card goes kaput ! Help needed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Reliance data card goes kaput ! Help needed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/51522-reliance-data-card-goes-kaput-help-needed.html)

I have been using the Reliance Netconnect Huawei EC325 CDMA card for last 1+ years. Yesterday in the early session it worked find on my laptop. When I booted the system to use it again, Win XP gave the message USB not recognised. No amount of reinstalling driver helped. The same message was repeated on my P.C helping in concluding the USB Huawei modem has gone kaput.
Tried calling the call centre of Reliance having dumb guys who are of no help.
Went to their Reliance World office, again no help and totally uncooperative.
They, after lot of time wasting, searched some pages on the net and gave me a printout of some supposedly Huawei Service centres in Mumbai. None of the phone nos . working. My own search on Huawei threw no results on Service centre for Data cards.
Can anybody help me. I suspect the software on the card has got corrupted.
The device blinks its light but even incoming calls tried on the card are showing the device to be off.

Is this a PCMCIA data card or a USB modem ??

Under both conditions, get it replaced with a new USB modem. You can return the faulty one and they will charge slightly less than the original costs.

Which light is blinking-the blue or the green? Can you able to make call from the device? Go to STRAT (windows menu) - settings - control panel - phone and modem option and check if Huawei Mobile connect -3G Modem is connected to COM5. Load the driver once again. If this doesn't work follow Dadu's suggestion.

This is an USB modem which has a flattened circle shape and has a blue light indicator when connected to the Laptop/PC via USB this blinks continuously.
I am not at all certain that Reliance would take back this thing and give discounted prices. Their guys were looking at this as if it had nothing to do with their service !!
As Windows doesnt recognise it all , obviously the Device manager in Windows doesnt sense it under Modems. I plan to try mounting it off Linux and see what happens.

It once happened with me also and at that moment I decided to part with Reliance on this part as I need to shell out almost 3K and air tel gave me the modem for free. Reliance were least bothered why your card is not working and after running after them for 2 weeks I decided enough is enough
I am not giving any negative about Reliance but it was my experience as still i hold their CDMA connection

Quote:

Originally Posted by aka_iitd (Post 1116618)
It once happened with me also and at that moment I decided to part with Reliance on this part as I need to shell out almost 3K and air tel gave me the modem for free. Reliance were least bothered why your card is not working and after running after them for 2 weeks I decided enough is enough
I am not giving any negative about Reliance but it was my experience as still i hold their CDMA connection

I think I have to move fast now to close the connection as I will be paying for no use now. Reliance service sucks !!

I'm using the same Huawei EC325 data card for last two and half years and never faced any problem with it. My company earlier provided one AirTel PCMCIA data card, woh god! It was really pain to use. Every now and then the network used to get disconnected, though the speed was little better than Reliance. Finally I stopped using the AirTel data card and again back to Reliance and happy with it.

As long as it works and we do not need support all is fine with Reliance because their infrastructure is O.K. But the moment we go to these webworlds or call up the callcentre, very unfriendly guys out there.
Yesterday evening through the Tata Indicom internal service centre site (accessable on Internet :) ) I got the details of a service centre at Vashi. Called them up. What they told me shocked me out of my wits !! Have you heard of a service centre which says that if it under warranty we will repair it but not at any cost if out of warranty. So am back to square one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkay456 (Post 1118251)
As long as it works and we do not need support all is fine with Reliance because their infrastructure is O.K. But the moment we go to these webworlds or call up the callcentre, very unfriendly guys out there.
Yesterday evening through the Tata Indicom internal service centre site (accessable on Internet :) ) I got the details of a service centre at Vashi. Called them up. What they told me shocked me out of my wits !! Have you heard of a service centre which says that if it under warranty we will repair it but not at any cost if out of warranty. So am back to square one.

I doubt these can be repaired. Needs to be changed. Anyway if you are looking for wireless then TATA/Reliance are good otherwise go for wireless modem which covers area of approx 100 meters atleast.

I had a PCMCIA card which I was using since 2 years. I got this free with a scheme with my IBM Laptop.

I was paying 700 rs every month for a 1GB plan. The speed & reliance service was PATHETIC.

Around 4 months back one day, the card stopped working, I took it out and put it back in around 3-4 times. Tried calling Reliance guys but they were dumb as usual. Then played around with the settings for a few minutes.

Finally after 20 minutes of this whole process, I took the card and threw it with full force on the floor. It ofcourse broke in 2-3 pieces.

Immediately called up reliance again and asked them what my bill was that very day to close the account, Paid around 400 some rupees.

I am a happy person now.

Do the same, you will be too. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 1118333)
I had a PCMCIA card which I was using since 2 years. I got this free with a scheme with my IBM Laptop.

Around 4 months back one day, the card stopped working, I

Finally after 20 minutes of this whole process, I took the card and threw it with full force on the floor. It ofcourse broke in 2-3 pieces.

:D

For a moment I thought you were advising me to throw in on the ground and get it working !! (Probably will do that as a last resort ) :)