Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 08:21   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Joe,

I have sent you a PM. Pls check.
Thanks Lloyd. I have initiated talks with the folks here on the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Good to know that you haven't stopped the habit of fruit juice drinking after all these years
Live with the external keyboard until your IT team finds you a replacement
Hey Sunil, how can I stop that habit ? Earlier, used to finish 1 ltr in 10 mins. Now, only change is that it takes more time :-)
Yes,As of now, I am using an ext keyboard.I am not sure how long it takes for the fungus inside to spread and pull my motherboard down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Completecare covers spilled juice under warranty. The repair will not cost you/your company a single rupee.

Just call Dell, and tell them the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
COMPLETECOVER COVERAGE PROGRAMME

This covers any and all type of damages. Even if you actually break your laptop, it will still be covered under the CC programme. Except the battery for which there is a separate warranty.
thanks guys. Things should be resolved today.
Old 28th July 2010, 16:37   #77
Senior - BHPian

Update!!

Some how the mobo of the XPS m1330 blew again.

Called the dell service and it was changed the second time.

Remarks:

1. This time it took seven days. But the engineer who is a good friend now came and promptly changed the motherboard, fan and various cables.

2. now in my xps 1330, except upper part, cpu and casing everything else are new.

3. They have change the call centre IVRS menu system now. and wait time is unbearably high. I was kept on hold for 18 minutes. This is the only drawback of DELL service now. They should improve these and make it efficient like before.

PS: I asked if i can talk to the manager of the call centre to complain for the long wait time, and they put me through promptly. Some of the friends in his circle are bhpains (i wonder who they are).

Last edited by SirAlec : 28th July 2010 at 16:43.
Old 28th July 2010, 22:43   #78
Senior - BHPian

yup, thats the only bummer. I was on hold for so long that my phone died once
Old 29th July 2010, 19:06   #79
Team-BHP Support

I got a Dell Inspiron back in April. The prime reason I chose Dell over HP & Acer was the fantastic after sales service standards followed by them. Fantastic because it has been consistently up there all the three times I've needed any assistance.

First glitch

I experienced the same within three odd weeks of the purchase when my adaptor unit was malfunctioning.
I furnished them with my service tab number, a couple of verification questions and I was told that I could expect a replacement withing three working days. I had arranged for one of the spare machines at work for the next couple of days, and to my pleasant surprise I got a call withing a few hours from the Dhl despatch to verify my details as they were sending it out the same day.
They were located in Andheri, very close to a hotel I was going to be attending a party at that same night. They were cool with me sending someone over with the faulty unit and handing over the replacement round the clock. Now this may seem ordinary to some, but it was a whole big deal. I think I beat Alec's original post by a margin. Had my charger replaced in less than 10 hours odd from the time I called them.

Second Time Issue

Surprise surprise, the adaptor gave up on me a second time. Heck even the Dell service advisor I spoke to thought I was referring to the first complain. Service tag number provided, extremely courteous chap. Indicated three working days delivery period, and thinking I could have my 'pick it up myself' ways called the despatch centre after a couple of hours but there wasn't any delivery scheduled for my end. So I just arranged for a backup unit which tuned out to be a good decision as this time around they only delivered on the third working day.

Hardware Assistance

I've just got off the phone with a Dell executive who figured out and resolved a bunch of things I needed help with. That was an almost twenty minute Dell Connect session and all through it she was well spoken, patient, courteous and knew her job extremely well.
Needless to say, before the end of the Dell Connect session I prompted her to this thread to express my gratitude for all the good assistance.

In comparison, I have had a few after sales service experiences with gadget companies like Nokia, Samsung, Motorola (ages ago) & HP, and none of these even come close to the Dell experince. Infact HP's crap after sales service through my brother's notebook ownership was my sole reason to not even consider going in for one of their products.

I surely see myself buying or recommending a Dell product with solid confidence. Kudos their services.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 29th July 2010 at 19:07.
Old 7th August 2010, 00:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

I know my MB is blown out with my dell. I mailed these people with the service tag. I got a reply telling that as it is with expired warranty it has to be inspected(Peripherals) and new warranty has to be extended. After completing this formalities they will send the Technician with the spare. I had sent Rs 550 DD as advised by the Dell rep and waiting for the Technician for the peripheral inspection. After that I will up date the service quality.
Old 7th August 2010, 00:55   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I know my MB is blown out with my dell. I mailed these people with the service tag. I got a reply telling that as it is with expired warranty it has to be inspected(Peripherals) and new warranty has to be extended. After completing this formalities they will send the Technician with the spare. I had sent Rs 550 DD as advised by the Dell rep and waiting for the Technician for the peripheral inspection. After that I will up date the service quality.
You can check you warranty status online. Its easy.
Old 19th September 2010, 00:39   #82
Senior - BHPian

I was a loyal customer for the Dell. But the present administration and sales persons are making fool of the customers. Once I asked for service they told me to send Rs550 for the technician visit. I sent and the re was no response from dell. Later after many mails I was told to send Rs 12754 for the NBD warrant renewal It was sent. After receiving the DD they told that my Dell is 8 year old and they cannot repair it and the money will be refunded fully. Finally still the money did not come. As the service tag tells the year of manufacture purchase etc. How can these people ask for technician fee and also for Warranty extension etc and at the end telling it can't be. I have all the mail correspondences. can I go to the consumer forum.
Old 19th September 2010, 05:55   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I surely see myself buying or recommending a Dell product with solid confidence. Kudos their services.

manson.
My experience has been similar. They shipped an adapter in UK for a Dell laptop bought in India in less than a day.
But I must mention , this was a corporate laptop... Havent seen /experienced their home desktop/laptop related service -did not fail (touchwood).
My personal experience with HP was a nightmare compared to this. Be it a desktop or a laptop or a printer. Poor reliability made worse by a pathetic service.
Old 19th September 2010, 11:48   #84
Senior - BHPian

It is nice to put the issues in forum which help us to bring some solutions. Recently I got a mail from one gentle man who read it, with some soothing words of extending help with in dell. Of course there are some good guys in the forum as well as in Dell too.
Old 20th September 2010, 23:38   #85
Senior - BHPian

It is great. Our members are really a great help. The gentle man in the Dell who is also a member here took up the matter and did the wonder. He followed up the matter with calls to me.I received the MB as well as the SMPS by courier and a call from Dell support Chennai confirmed the engineer Visit by tomorrow 9 am and 10 am. But now the pathetic thing is that once they told that it can't be extended I donated my Monitor and the mouse to a needy student. No matter I will go for a LG LED monitor and a good Mouse and also looking for the Wireless PC adapter from Linsys. Finally by the grace of the two gentle man from Dell Bangalore, my grand daughters(Class II and V) are going to enjoy the system. Thank you friends and the good people with in Dell Bangalore and curse for the careless Dell people of Gurgaon who did all nonsense and put me in mental agony. Hi friends please keep up your good job and help our members in need.

Last edited by navan49 : 20th September 2010 at 23:40.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:07   #86
BHPian

My M4400 which had the juice spill damage is still to be replaced. There were some documentation issues that needed to be resolved. Last week, I got a mail from Dell stating that M4400 is in end of life and hence they will be replacing mine with M4500. Hope the replacement process is in progress.
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:11   #87
Senior - BHPian

The service personal from dell support came and did his work. Of course it was restored but there was an error. During start up it shows the error and tell to strike F1 key to continue. Once again to day evening I got one new MB and a Graphic card .Then the support people called and confirmed the visit of the service Engineer once again tomorrow between 10-11. Once they start they themselves do it up to their satisfaction, Good. Dell's Loyal employees really need an appreciation
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:34   #88
Senior - BHPian

Finally the service person came from the dell support in time and did the job with the new graphics card as well as the MB. Now it is a new machine in a old cabin.I do enjoy the old man's energetic run. Thanks to all the dell people for doing the service to the god old machine.
Old 30th September 2010, 13:10   #89
Senior - BHPian

My dell studio 14 laptops battery is not charging. i assume it means the battery is dead. Is that right?
How can i obtain a new battery?
Urgent ..
Old 30th September 2010, 13:17   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My dell studio 14 laptops battery is not charging. i assume it means the battery is dead. Is that right?
How can i obtain a new battery?
Urgent ..
Please call up DELL Service number and provide your Service tag number. They will help you in all possible ways.

-Ravi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks