Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 00:39   #46
BHPian

Got the message from iraghava. Will try to be there, hope it will change my impression of JBL for the better.

- an Onkyo fan
Old 7th January 2009, 10:34   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Got the message from iraghava. Will try to be there, hope it will change my impression of JBL for the better.

- an Onkyo fan
Don't come there to change your impression. Don't come there for JBL.

Just come to have a nice time and meet some fellow BHPians. That is the only purpose of this thread, no more, no less.
Old 7th January 2009, 10:57   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Here are the co-ordinates for the gps..Lat 28°32'12.68"N and Log 77°15'27.99"E
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Thank you for the LBM!
THat LBM would get this right does not surprise me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Don't come there to change your impression. Don't come there for JBL.
Atlast an opinion that makes sense.

Guys this is only audio that too with 100s of people there you wont get a quiet listen to your own CDs or anything like that. I would suspect that tinkering with the equipment might also be frowned upon (unless ofcourse you are slightly senile, half bald and half grey haried). :-)

Go there for the fun and frolic. Go there for the Tamahsa. Alas there will be no 'Solid Gold Dancers' or anything like that but with Sam involved the Tamasha element will be there.

Make an appointment (for a future date) if you want to seriously listen to the equipment.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:31   #49
BHPian

Will try to make it, as this will be mine first meet will all of you. But as discussed can anyone suggest where to park the car, is there any nearby parking or we have to park at Nehru place and come by auto there.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:38   #50
BHPian

Parking should not be too much of a hassle as its a semi-residential area. You might not get parking right in front of the lounge, but parking should be available within 200mtrs in that area.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Will try to make it, as this will be mine first meet will all of you. But as discussed can anyone suggest where to park the car, is there any nearby parking or we have to park at Nehru place and come by auto there.
Dont worry about parking, there is enough space to park, you can park your vehicles around Deshbandhu Colleges boundary wall, the destination is just a 100m or a 5 minute walk from there.

As per the directions mentioned on post #19, the college will be on left side on the same road it will come before our destination, some half a km from the left turn mentioned on post #19.
Old 7th January 2009, 14:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

I will try to be there . Will be in Mohali till friday. If I travel back on friday night, I am there 100%.

BTW this is the area where I spent all my childhood, and my part education, Deshbandhu, you know
Old 7th January 2009, 15:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Guys i wont be able to make it on that day so someone kindly take the pics and post them here on this thread so that people who are missing the fun may have a glimpse of what happened. Enjoy your day. Cheers!
Old 7th January 2009, 19:58   #54
BHPian

Looks like all of you are gonna have a great time ! Click loads of pics and take lots of video-shideos of Sam taking you through the showroom so that people like me can experience the fun and masti remotely
Old 7th January 2009, 20:25   #55
Senior - BHPian

That we will.
Ishan , do get the cam sir.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:29   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Alpine has no home audio and this is a JBL home entertainment lounge. Why should there be any car audio there?

There are other surprises in the days to come on that account.
My point was, in car audio, the Alpine showroon swings the deal. There is obviously no reason to have a car audio section in a home audio store. I was lamenting the lack of a dedicated JBL car audio store in NCR because I think it's sorely needed. Glad to know that there is a move afoot on that front.
Iraghava, thanks for the invite but I'm out of town on work that weekend and won't be able to make it.

Last edited by StarScream : 7th January 2009 at 20:30.
Old 8th January 2009, 00:25   #57

i guess earlier ONKYO showroom was in L-1 , C.R park , Delhi .

Now it has moved on to the inside road . I have seen both old and new showrooms of onkyo .
Old 8th January 2009, 00:28   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I was lamenting the lack of a dedicated JBL car audio store in NCR because I think it's sorely needed. Glad to know that there is a move afoot on that front.
Actually I am now at liberty to tell you that a JBL car studio franchise will open in Lajpat Nagar also on the same day.
However there is no opening event I can invite you to. You'll find out soon enough anyways.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:56   #59
BHPian

count me in guys, i'll be there for sure
actually there's going to be two T-BHP meets in a day. JBL lounge meet followed by the CNG meet where T-bHPians will drag their CNG cars
Old 8th January 2009, 13:09   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

One more important information. One of the JBL evil twin swifts has arrived into Delhi and will be parked, ready for demos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks