Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 21:05   #16
BHPian

Have you connected the small 4pin power connector to M/B apart from 24 pin main power connector ?

What config you running cpu/ram etc? would give us better idea if you could post pic of complete M/B.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Have you connected the small 4pin power connector to M/B apart from 24 pin main power connector ?
IIRC, its the power supply for processor. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think that he would have connected as he did state that he has got the connections as the manual.
Old 8th January 2009, 22:02   #18
BHPian

Try the below:

1) connect only the power switch cable to the motherboard. Rest all, like power led, reset switch, hdd led etc leave it un connected. Here please follow what "reignofchaos" has mentioned, imprint needs to face outside MB.
2) Remove any PCI card, external h/w that you might have installed.
3) Try to boot with only processor, RAM, SMPS connected to motherboard. And to the tower ensure only Monitor, keyboard and mouse is connected.

If no boot,
remove RAM and connect the cabinet speaker wire to MB and try booting without RAM. it should ideally give you continous beeps.

Still no boot,
i would say its a problem with your MB or SMPS. If you can arrange another SMPS elsewhere connect the SMPS to the motherboard, not necessary you neet to screw SMPS connected to the cabinet.

If still no go,
It needs proffesional equipments to check each h/w individually.

good Luck
Old 11th January 2009, 10:40   #19
BHPian

Got the power supply checked and it's alright. What could it be then ?
Old 11th January 2009, 21:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Check RAM. If RAM is OK, then its Mobo.
Old 12th January 2009, 15:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Did you check the power cable to the PSU? Cuz if nothing happens when you hit the power button (provided you plugged the cable for the switch properly to the mobo), it is less likely to be a RAM problem and more probably total mobo failure or something wrong in the power section.
Old 12th January 2009, 20:02   #22
BHPian

ya I have checked the power cable using a tester. I want to solve this problem on my own- repairs here are expensive 35 GBP oouchh.
Old 20th January 2009, 23:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

take a paper clip. remove the power pin (ATX and +4pin) from mobo.

Short the green pin of SMPS with any black one. if the SMPS fan runs. The SMPS is good.

Now remove the 2032 battery from mobo. Taste it with ur tongue. If u feel any tingy taste (like nimbu) the battery is good.

Feel any chipset (black ICs or the one with heat sink) with ur finger while powering it on. if you feel excessive heat, Mobo is conked
Old 17th March 2009, 18:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Attachment 85799
Red: speaker It will have four pin connector but the two wires will be connected to 1 and 4 (2,3 pin being unused)

Yellow: Power switch (white and black cable in your case)

Blue: HDD led (orange white cable in your case)

Green: Reset Switch (Blue and white cable in your case)

Pink: Power Led (Green Yellow cable in your case)

PS: in case of LED, + and - are clearly marked. Even if you reverse the polarity it will not blow the LED, it will simply not light up.
Hi , I had a similar problem recently attaching my i-ball Chassis to the Motherboard.

Best thing is that even if you mess around these chassis connections then also it won’t harm the Motherboard so relax,

Try to connect one connector at a time & test as follows ….I learned it the hard way.
Power switch (usually marked on MB or manual)- Testing it is the surest way to check , if the PC turns On then it is correctly placed. No don’t touch that connector.
Reset Switch (usually marked on MB or manual)- Testing it is the surest way to check , if the PC resets then it is correctly placed. No don’t touch that connector.

Now remains the LED part

HDD led is sensitive to polarity (If it does not light up then try reversing the polarity)

Power Led is sensitive to polarity If it does not light up then try reversing the polarity) In my case the Connector had a 3 pin connection the middle pin was a dummy hence I had to manually short the middle pin to turn on the Power LED.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks