Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2014, 12:03   #1696
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Yup. Got the update. Have not been able see any visible changes though. Have to check over the next week or so.
Not sure if it was from this update, now there is option to move the installed apps from Phone to SD card. This can be done through Storage Sense, in settings. Saved a few gigs from my phone.
Old 20th May 2014, 12:20   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Not sure if it was from this update, now there is option to move the installed apps from Phone to SD card. This can be done through Storage Sense, in settings. Saved a few gigs from my phone.
Its from 8.1 and not this update specifically. In fact, my update got downloaded, but windows said it cannot install it as I have too less space - I had to move apps out of the phone to SD card.

And this is a great feature... in fact the Storage Sense app makes it so easy to move apps!
Old 25th May 2014, 10:24   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
No update for my phone yet. Did the check update a few times but it says the phone has the latest updates. I wish the update improves WhatsApp performance.
I uninstalled WhatasApp and thought will install later. Was a surprise to find that WhatsApp isnt available on Windows Store now!
http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/jWDg...iber-Line.html
Old 25th May 2014, 11:08   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Thats quite shocking. Why would they take it off? Hope they get it back soon and that too an improved version.

I was about to do a factory reset in dad's phone and re set everything. Thank god I read your post else I would be great mess with no WhatsApp on his phone.

Regards,
Old 25th May 2014, 12:23   #1700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I uninstalled WhatasApp and thought will install later. Was a surprise to find that WhatsApp isnt available on Windows Store now!
http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/jWDg...iber-Line.html
Quote:
Thats quite shocking. Why would they take it off? Hope they get it back soon and that too an improved version.

I was about to do a factory reset in dad's phone and re set everything. Thank god I read your post else I would be great mess with no WhatsApp on his phone.

Regards,
I'm in the same boat. Tried to install Whatsapp last weekend and found out the hard way.

Read somewhere that there was some compatibility issue for the current app with WP8.1 and they pulled out the app to prevent getting bombarded with negative reviews about issues.

Last edited by zenren : 25th May 2014 at 12:25.
Old 26th May 2014, 00:36   #1701
Senior - BHPian

This is what I came across.

Microsoft is working with WhatsApp to fix the notifications problem some Windows Phone users have observed, and get the popular messaging app back in the Windows Phone Market, Microsoft's Joe Belfiore has confirmed. The cross-platform IM app was yanked from the download store around a week ago, after widespread reports of message notifications not being delivered correctly, and persistent error messages every time the app was opened.

Source : http://www.slashgear.com/whatsapp-wi...lled-22330044/

Regards,
Old 27th May 2014, 16:32   #1702
BHPian

Started having an irritating issue now. My Lumia 820's screen had broken and I replaced the touchscreen panel with a new one bought off eBay. Now the proximity sensor has started having issues; as soon as I press the call button the screen will go blank, before taking it close to my ear. This means its tough to turn on loudspeaker or type in IVR responses (there is a workaround by pressing the power button but this is an irritant nevertheless).
Also, the glance screen stopped working as well which I believe is related to this.
Any thoughts on what to do with this? I saw on some forums that blowing the dust off the top of the front panel fixed this issue for some people but that has not worked for me.
Old 28th May 2014, 10:03   #1703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
).
Also, the glance screen stopped working as well which I believe is related to this.
Any thoughts on what to do with this? I saw on some forums that blowing the dust off the top of the front panel fixed this issue for some people but that has not worked for me.

Either the proximity sensor doesnt work, or if it does, its positioned in such a way that something is internally blocking it. Hence as soon as you start a call, the screen shuts since the proximity sensor is always detecting an object.

Similarly, glance works when the proximity sensor doesnt detect something close. Hence glance doesnt work since the proximity sensor doesnt show the right status.

If the sensor is mounted on the touchscreen, check if there is a sticker or a film that is blocking it. If the sensor is mounted on the motherboard, ensure that the same area above it is not blocked by the touchscreen.
Old 28th May 2014, 11:02   #1704
Senior - BHPian

Why is that you need to have 845 MB of storage free in order to DELETE about 80 MB of map (Beijing)?

Doesn't it appear counter-intuitive?
Old 29th May 2014, 09:33   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what I came across.

Microsoft is working with WhatsApp to fix the notifications problem some Windows Phone users have observed, and get the popular messaging app back in the Windows Phone Market, Microsoft's Joe Belfiore has confirmed. The cross-platform IM app was yanked from the download store around a week ago, after widespread reports of message notifications not being delivered correctly, and persistent error messages every time the app was opened.

Source : http://www.slashgear.com/whatsapp-wi...lled-22330044/

Regards,

Did anyone have an issue with whatsapp? I am using Line now and it is a mess!

This is the case I use for my mobile. DIdnt see any review etc and hence took a video
Old 29th May 2014, 11:13   #1706
BHPian

Hi All,

My True caller app not working on Lumia 920, is there any body else facing the same issue.

Thanks

A
Old 30th May 2014, 14:18   #1707
BHPian

There is still no official file manager provided with developer preview update. I am using a free app named Esploristo. Works quite well.

Whatsapp is still not available in the store. I was facing issues like app crashing, delayed notifications. But whatsapp is quite better than in-built skype which is pathetic. Considering that Microsoft is owner of skype now, they should improve skype immediately. Within few months whatsapp will also support voice calling, which is a good news for everyone. Viber is available as voice calling app but suffers from various issues.

I don't think Nokia is in a hurry to release LUMIA CYAN update. When Indian users received Lumia Black, half of the world had already received that.
Old 31st May 2014, 06:36   #1708
Senior - BHPian

WhatsApp is back in the store along with an official file manager called Files.
Old 31st May 2014, 10:05   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
WhatsApp is back in the store along with an official file manager called Files.
phew!~

And they have added privacy part too!
Old 31st May 2014, 16:13   #1710
Senior - BHPian

The most important part of the update for me was the ability to stop media auto download. I am,glad they have added this and the privacy features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks