Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 11:44   #1981
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
However fb app is broken. Photos are not visible. Neither will it upload. By the way it's on 8.1 denim
My 720 on Lumia Cyan has the same issue. Not all profile pictures and photos gets loaded. I tried a app reinstall and even a full reset and still no luck.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

Another issue is not able to login to Nokia Account. This is preventing me from syncing the Here Maps waypoints and collections.
Old 17th November 2014, 12:07   #1982
BHPian

I am looking to buy a Lumia 730. Any other Windows phones around the price point? Dont want to be spending more than 20k.
Old 17th November 2014, 13:45   #1983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
I am looking to buy a Lumia 730. Any other Windows phones around the price point? Dont want to be spending more than 20k.
I have been using a Lumia for more than a year. Take it from me, 730 is the best Lumia available at that price point.
Old 23rd November 2014, 13:19   #1984
BANNED

Sold off my samsung grand 2 and bought lumia 1020,, getting used to windows phone is little bit difficult.

I need help on these matters

1. Setting snooze duration in alarm app, default is 10 minutes,, i cant find this setting in my phone eventhough it was added in 8.1 update strange...!!

2. Finding a decent image gallery app( i cant find any :O) , or how to set default windows gallery app to show "Albums" instead of "All" ?

3. Is there any alarm app which has touch anywhere on screen to snooze?
Old 23rd November 2014, 21:28   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Sold off my samsung grand 2 and bought lumia 1020,, getting used to windows phone is little bit difficult.

I need help on these matters

1. Setting snooze duration in alarm app, default is 10 minutes,, i cant find this setting in my phone eventhough it was added in 8.1 update strange...!!
When you tap on the alarm which you set, scroll down and check the snooze setting

2. Finding a decent image gallery app( i cant find any :O) , or how to set default windows gallery app to show "Albums" instead of "All" ?
Just slide to the left and you will have the different problems
3. Is there any alarm app which has touch anywhere on screen to snooze?
Answers in bold.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by thebfg : 23rd November 2014 at 21:31.
Old 24th November 2014, 07:16   #1986
BHPian

Quote:

I upgraded from my Lumia 520 to Lumia 730 a couple of days after its launch. Amazing phone for the price (<₹14000). The display is amazing. All the other specs are good too. Lightweight yet feels premium. User experience is great. And the best part, it never lags! The best windows phone sub 20k.

P.S. Only go for the grey or white colour. Orange and green are just too loud.
Old 24th November 2014, 11:13   #1987
BHPian

Thanks Pancham and amansanc. I did get a grey 730 yesterday. Just getting used to Windows. Initial experience shows the UI pretty fluid. Camera and screen are excellent.
Old 24th November 2014, 13:52   #1988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pancham and amansanc. I did get a grey 730 yesterday. Just getting used to Windows. Initial experience shows the UI pretty fluid. Camera and screen are excellent.
Can you share the price you paid for it?
Old 25th November 2014, 10:12   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can you share the price you paid for it?
Paid 15k for it. Got a flip cover and screen gaurd installed for 500. The headphones provided with the phone are not to my liking. They dont fit into the ears properly and the effects are not too great. This is the only negaitve I see for the phone right now.
Old 25th November 2014, 10:28   #1990
Senior - BHPian

After spending good time on ANDROID phones I too took plunge ang bought myself a Lumia 730. For DROIDIANS, it will take little time to get used to WINDOWS navigation and app support is also very restricted. However the phone is amazing.
Rightr size, excellent screen and best of all it is extremely easy to download songs from any free download sites available on net. Though this may amount to virus infection but its worth a try once.
I find that charging takes little more time but again battery backup is also very good.
I paid 14.5k.

Raab rakha
Old 25th November 2014, 11:19   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Paid 15k for it. Got a flip cover and screen gaurd installed for 500. The headphones provided with the phone are not to my liking. They dont fit into the ears properly and the effects are not too great. This is the only negaitve I see for the phone right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
After spending good time on ANDROID phones I too took plunge ang bought myself a Lumia 730. For DROIDIANS, it will take little time to get used to WINDOWS navigation and app support is also very restricted. However the phone is amazing.
Rightr size, excellent screen and best of all it is extremely easy to download songs from any free download sites available on net. Though this may amount to virus infection but its worth a try once.
I find that charging takes little more time but again battery backup is also very good.
I paid 14.5k.

Raab rakha
Glad to see more and more people going for the 730.
I am currently using the 520 with a broken screen. Its 13 months old. The touch is not as good anymore because of the cracked screen but still manageable. I just cannot get myself to spend 3K again for a new screen(I had broken once earlier in April). So I was contemplating on getting another phone and these are the 2 phone in my radar:

1. Lumia 730- Use it for 1 year, get bored and then look for something new.
2. iPhone 6- Use it for at least 3 years

This is something I have noticed: As phones start aging I feel like getting something new. In case of iPhones I feel they age most gracefully and hence the 3 year timeline. Plus the price obviously.

P.S: I am trying to source the iPhone from US.

Last edited by Pancham : 25th November 2014 at 11:25.
Old 25th November 2014, 11:34   #1992
Senior - BHPian

And here I am, having got sooooo tired of the iPhone 4 that I bought 3 years back. Just didn't have the mood to get another iPhone for myself.

Got so tired of the ioS that I went and bought myself a Lumia 1320 a couple of months ago and I must say that I am enjoying every bit of my new phone.

And I read a forward from Watsup - buy the lumia, and spend the rest of the money that you might have on the iPhone 6 with a nice 4 night/5 day trip to Bangkok.

So, friends, need help - for a layman like me on mobile phones, what the difference between the Lumia 630 and Lumia 625 please? I want to get one for my father and upgrade him to a smart phone.

Last edited by Samurai : 25th November 2014 at 23:06.
Old 25th November 2014, 16:38   #1993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Lumia 730- Use it for 1 year, get bored and then look for something new.
2. iPhone 6- Use it for at least 3 years
Everyone at one time in his life has hated IoS, me included. However after using 5C & 5S (Wifey's phones) respectively, I belive Iphones tend to become monotoneous as nothing new can be seen on screen except varying sizes.
Techies may tear me apart but I believe that an ordinary user does not use their phone beyond calls, texts, Whatsapp, FB, Games & ofcourse the MP3 player.
As for Android, different UI used by different phone manufacturers keep the things interesting. People tend to look for change and WINDOWS is now giving them that opportunity.
I hope 730 will be a game changer and pricing is where NOKIA has hit the right points with this phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
what the difference between the Lumia 630 and Lumia 625 please? I want to get one for my father and upgrade him to a smart phone.
Why not 730?? On the most basic note 625 is SINGLE SIM whereas 630, though being cheaper, is DUAL SIM. Suggest use GSMARENA to compare tech specs of phones. However for your dad, 730 should be ideal, It is the latest model & comes with latest windows verison (8.1). IMO It also looks more manly then 625/630 (which have round corners and are wider)

Heck I sound like salesman for 730.

Raab rakha.
Old 25th November 2014, 17:30   #1994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Everyone at one time in his life has hated IoS, me included. However after using 5C & 5S (Wifey's phones) respectively, I belive Iphones tend to become monotoneous as nothing new can be seen on screen except varying sizes.
Techies may tear me apart but I believe that an ordinary user does not use their phone beyond calls, texts, Whatsapp, FB, Games & ofcourse the MP3 player.
As for Android, different UI used by different phone manufacturers keep the things interesting. People tend to look for change and WINDOWS is now giving them that opportunity.
I hope 730 will be a game changer and pricing is where NOKIA has hit the right points with this phone.

Why not 730?? On the most basic note 625 is SINGLE SIM whereas 630, though being cheaper, is DUAL SIM. Suggest use GSMARENA to compare tech specs of phones. However for your dad, 730 should be ideal, It is the latest model & comes with latest windows verison (8.1). IMO It also looks more manly then 625/630 (which have round corners and are wider)

Heck I sound like salesman for 730.

Raab rakha.
I have used Android and Windows. Now I want to get a taste of IOS. I dont think I can get my self to like android anymore. I can still buy Windows but not android. There is no specific reason to hate it but I just do not feel like spending more than 12-13K on an Android.

P.S: 730 is one heck of a phone. I would definitely buy it if I dont get the iP6.

Last edited by Pancham : 25th November 2014 at 17:32.
Old 25th November 2014, 21:13   #1995
BHPian

Good to see so many people who bought windows phones recently and are happy with them.
Usually I need to explain everyone the pros of windows phone! I just hate android. The user interface is just not meant for me.
Btw, nowadays, I find most of the useful apps on windows appstore. Rarely do I see an app not available. Scene is certainly improving now. And with Nokia now under microsoft, I hope windows phones will gain more and the demand will rise too. Lumia 730 is the best phone that I found in the market in the price range. Another thing I noticed is that the price difference across shops is too much. I bought it for ₹13700 with a screenguard 3 days after the launch. And I heard people are getting it for around ₹15k now! Big difference!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks