Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2014, 11:21   #2011
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Got a dark grey 730. so far its good, but it does not have wireless charging points as posted by Microsoft, so bit disappointed. Cant use my wireless charger with it.
Yep, it is the 735 that comes in with a back cover that supports wireless charging. For 730, you need to buy it seperately. 735 doesn't seem to be available in India.
Old 28th November 2014, 15:08   #2012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
I am on Vodafone, but my wife is on Airtel. Whenever others call her number she doesn't even get to hear the ringer she gets any missed call record.

Looks like a combination of both.
In general, the networks of all the telecom service providers are bad, and Bangalore seems to be taking the cake. I know this is OT, but I hope that with the spectrum auction coming up during early 2015, this problem should get sorted out, till then, we will have to live with call drops/call hunting/not reachable/bad networks etc..etc..
Old 28th November 2014, 17:01   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
Yep, it is the 735 that comes in with a back cover that supports wireless charging. For 730, you need to buy it seperately. 735 doesn't seem to be available in India.
The charge points are missing on my 730, else i had almost ordered the charge case form uk.
Old 1st December 2014, 11:55   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
My 720 on Lumia Cyan has the same issue. Not all profile pictures and photos gets loaded. I tried a app reinstall and even a full reset and still no luck.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

Another issue is not able to login to Nokia Account. This is preventing me from syncing the Here Maps waypoints and collections.
All these issues were magically resolved. From Saturday morning, the Facebook app works fine and I am able to access the Nokia account -for syncing the Here Maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Got a new lumia 730 for my wife. Phone is amazingly fast and refreshing. However fb app is broken. Photos are not visible. Neither will it upload. By the way it's on 8.1 denim
You can check whether it works now.
Old 7th December 2014, 01:51   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am moving from Windows to iOS. I will be exchanging my Lumia 520 for an IPhone 6. Please guide with the following:

1. How do I transfer the contacts to my new phone

2. How do I completely wipe out my Lumia so that nothing can be restored back. All my stuff is stored in the cloud hence I am worried.
Old 7th December 2014, 11:35   #2016
BANNED

1. So any alarm app with touch any where on screen to snooze option?
2. Any good image gallery app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
When you tap on the alarm which you set, scroll down and check the snooze setting
This option is not there !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post

Just slide to the left and you will have the different problems
that doesn't help
Old 7th December 2014, 12:40   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
1. So any alarm app with touch any where on screen to snooze option?
2. Any good image gallery app?

that doesn't help
The alarm snooze timer option is very much there if you tap on the alarm time. Its right at the bottom of the screen.
And the way to access albums of pics is way too obvious. You just need to swipe to the albums tab. Swipe left once and you will be there.
I am surprised you faced issues in using such basic features.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
amansanc
Old 7th December 2014, 21:21   #2018
BHPian

Hey Friends-

Recently I moved from Nexus to Nokia Lumia 730 and this new device is not connecting to plantronics K100 Bluetooth handsfree device in my car. Its not listing this device in the phone ; Can someone help me with a fix.
Old 8th December 2014, 00:33   #2019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
The alarm snooze timer option is very much there if you tap on the alarm time. Its right at the bottom of the screen.

amansanc
Quote:

that doesn't help
Alarm snooze time is present only on the Lumia denim and the older phones running on Cyan do not have this feature yet. Hence the two of you are confused regarding its presence. Regarding gallery, however I must say that the default gallery is the best I ve come across and yes it gives various options from viewing all images to folder by folder including your social network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
Hey Friends-

Recently I moved from Nexus to Nokia Lumia 730 and this new device is not connecting to plantronics K100 Bluetooth handsfree device in my car. Its not listing this device in the phone ; Can someone help me with a fix.
Well this reminded me of some issue I faced while pairing my dads phone with a Nokia Bluetooth headset. The device didn't show up. I forgot to research about the same then. I initially thought that the problem was with the headset since it was paired with two of my phone's and a third one before. So reset the device and now I seem to have lost it. Do try clearing the pairings of the hands free kit and check
Old 13th December 2014, 23:21   #2020
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
And the way to access albums of pics is way too obvious. You just need to swipe to the albums tab. Swipe left once and you will be there.
I am surprised you faced issues in using such basic features.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
amansanc
Yeah i know that ,, My original question was how to set default windows gallery app to show "Albums" instead of "All" ? Showing ALL is pretty much annoying to me that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Alarm snooze time is present only on the Lumia denim and the older phones running on Cyan do not have this feature yet. Hence the two of you are confused regarding its presence.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
Old 16th December 2014, 19:46   #2021
BHPian

Finally, junked my Lumia 800 after 3 years of trouble free usage. Sticking to Nokia, bought Lumia 930.

First impression is - Gorgeous. Great screen, great camera. Battery is not as bad as what reviews said.
Nicely surprised to see rich marketplace. I was missing on latest apps when I was on WP7.8.
Only problem is size. Too big for my hands and shirt pocket.

Currently on Lumia Cyan. Not sure when Denim will get updated.
Old 18th December 2014, 16:43   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Lumia Denim update had started seeding for L520 and L525.

Please go to your Settings > Phone Update

Patiently waiting for my L1520. Heard that it will be the last along with L930.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 19th December 2014, 13:02   #2023
BHPian

Day before yesterday, there was an update for Storyteller app on my 730. Since the it is not opening. Says it is in the process of upgrading. Anyone else facing this?
Old 19th December 2014, 14:53   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah i know that ,, My original question was how to set default windows gallery app to show "Albums" instead of "All" ? Showing ALL is pretty much annoying to me that's all.
I think the only options are all photos or only favourites.
Old 19th December 2014, 15:00   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
Day before yesterday, there was an update for Storyteller app on my 730. Since the it is not opening. Says it is in the process of upgrading. Anyone else facing this?
I upgraded Storyteller couple days back. Comes with a refreshed UI now. The 'upgrading' screen stays on for ~15 seconds. Maybe it requires an internet connection during the first start-up after updating? Please try that. I had my Wi-Fi on when I started the app after the update.

Most Viewed