Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2012, 21:52   #376
BHPian

Hi
Is anyone experiencing difficulty in accesing youtube via the youtube app? Im using 3g but keep getting a dialog box to fill a captcha code. Inspite of that im not able to access. This is the error message i get
"we have received many redirects from your network. Please try after sometime"
Im using airtel 3g on lumia 800 if thats of any relevance.
Regards
Old 3rd June 2012, 05:56   #377
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Have you tried it over WiFi?
Old 3rd June 2012, 12:01   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
Have you tried it over WiFi?
Yes. Im getting the same issue. So not able to pinpoint whats wrong other than the fact that the problem may lie in my phone.

Regards
Old 3rd June 2012, 13:16   #379
Senior - BHPian

Un-install the Youtube app and install it again. I think this is a problem with the app and not with the phone itself.

There is a Youtube app published by Microsoft, you can try that app also. That app does not have captcha screen.

Last edited by vikram_d : 3rd June 2012 at 13:17.
Old 6th June 2012, 17:30   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The phone will only take whatever number the DHCP server is providing. it cannot take the wrong DNS on it's own. More details about your exact problems would help in diagnosing the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Didnt see that option yet, will let you know if I find out an easy one is possible.
For now, provide the MAC address of your phone to the Guy whos managing the networks/DHCP and ask him to reserve an IP for this MAC so that you get the IP that you want. As Vikram rightly said, it will take the DNS server that you have specified in the DHCP server only. Canont take on its own.

It's over 2 months i had posted my query was busy with my office commitments which looks like over for the moment.

Still having following issues with My OMNIA W-

1. My phone is connecting to WIFI and the modem is accepting the password and it is also generating the IP.

2. I have provided my MAC address to my IT guy and he has reserved the derived IP for the MAC address provided in DHCP.

3. However i am still not able to connect to internet, as per him he has tried all the tricks in the book but no avail.

4. He has even tested ping function followed by the IP address it shows that the phone is connected and working.

Also came across a similar query in following link, which seems to be unanswered at the moment.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-9f9500e88e94

Apart from the above the WIFI issue the there is no problem in phone and its working like a charm.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 6th June 2012 at 17:36.
Old 6th June 2012, 17:36   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
It's over 2 months i had posted my query was busy with my office commitments which looks like over for the moment.
I know I'm jumping into this again and this may be just very basic that you may have already verified. No harm on double confirm.

- Are you able to access any intranet site (assuming you are connecting to your corporate network)?
- Do you guys use proxy server / ISA server in your network environment that needs to be specified in the proxy settings (advance tab on wifi connection)? If so, try that option and that should help.
Old 6th June 2012, 17:46   #382
BHPian

Quote:
I know I'm jumping into this again and this may be just very basic that you may have already verified. No harm on double confirm.

- Are you able to access any intranet site (assuming you are connecting to your corporate network)?
- Do you guys use proxy server / ISA server in your network environment that needs to be specified in the proxy settings (advance tab on wifi connection)? If so, try that option and that should help.
Sir, Thank you for your suggestion.

-I am not sure about intranet site
-As per my conversation with the IT guy we do not use proxy server.

Seems there is some bug, never the less will keep trying

Edit: I am a total Noob in this matter

Last edited by driving_smartly : 6th June 2012 at 17:48.
Old 6th June 2012, 18:08   #383
Senior - BHPian

Driving_smartly - Can you ask your IT guy what channel the Wi-Fi access point/router that your phone connects to is on and you can also ask him to change the channel and see if your phone internet works. I have a friend with a Omnia W and he has no such problems.

Edit: From the link that you posted. Can you also your IT guy if you are running a hidden Wi-Fi network.

Edit 2: Some earlier HTC devices had this problem where they could not connect to hidden Wi-Fi networks. HTC released a patch for it and then everything worked fine. You can check if there are any firmware updates for your phone through Zune.

Last edited by vikram_d : 6th June 2012 at 18:14.
Old 6th June 2012, 18:34   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Driving_smartly - Can you ask your IT guy what channel the Wi-Fi access point/router that your phone connects to is on and you can also ask him to change the channel and see if your phone internet works. I have a friend with a Omnia W and he has no such problems.

Edit: From the link that you posted. Can you also your IT guy if you are running a hidden Wi-Fi network.

Edit 2: Some earlier HTC devices had this problem where they could not connect to hidden Wi-Fi networks. HTC released a patch for it and then everything worked fine. You can check if there are any firmware updates for your phone through Zune.
Thank you sir

-I have confirmed there is no hidden WIFI network.

-Also the Channel part was tested by the IT Guy, which i was not knowing.

-I have also checked for latest updates, but there aren't any.

The Default Getway configuration is 1xx.1xx.0.4 and as per the IT guy it should be 1xx.1xx.0.(1 or 2). He says if there is edit option to enter the Static IP the problem will be solved in minutes. To my pity we cannot edit the IP option and enter the IP Manually as he had done same thing on my boss's IPhone 4.

Edit : Only option now is try till i succeed and try to connect WIFI at some different place other than office

Last edited by driving_smartly : 6th June 2012 at 18:45.
Old 6th June 2012, 18:44   #385
Senior - BHPian

If all of the above has been checked then I am guessing that this is an issue with your handset and not with Omnia W in general. I would recommedn that you have your handset looked at by a Samsung Sevice Centre and if it is under warranty, then i would recommend that you get a replacement.

You phone connects to the network, but doesnt browse, right? Go into Settings > Wi-Fi and ensure that the phone is connected to your network. Then click on the network name and you should see the settings that it is using. Can you post those settings?
Old 6th June 2012, 18:50   #386
BHPian

Quote:
If all of the above has been checked then I am guessing that this is an issue with your handset and not with Omnia W in general. I would recommedn that you have your handset looked at by a Samsung Sevice Centre and if it is under warranty, then i would recommend that you get a replacement.

You phone connects to the network, but doesnt browse, right? Go into Settings > Wi-Fi and ensure that the phone is connected to your network. Then click on the network name and you should see the settings that it is using. Can you post those settings?
IP 19x.16x.0.215
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Getway 19x.16x.03
DNS 19x.16x.03
DNS suffix - Blank
Mac Address
Old 6th June 2012, 18:52   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Thank you sir

-I have confirmed there is no hidden WIFI network.

-Also the Channel part was tested by the IT Guy, which i was not knowing.

-I have also checked for latest updates, but there aren't any.

The Default Getway configuration is 1xx.1xx.0.4 and as per the IT guy it should be 1xx.1xx.0.(1 or 2). He says if there is edit option to enter the Static IP the problem will be solved in minutes. To my pity we cannot edit the IP option and enter the IP Manually as he had done same thing on my boss's IPhone 4.

Edit : Only option now is try till i succeed and try to connect WIFI at some different place other than office
Doesnt look like a connectivity issue to me. If your IT guy can ping your phone from the PC, that means your phone is very much on the network, no questions about not being able to connect to hidden wifi or such.

If you are sure that the phone can be pinged from the PC, that means a packet is going all the way to the phone and response is coming back to the PC just fine. This should simply be a name resolution issue.
DNS and Default gateway settings are set within the DHCP configuration only. If he thinks that the default gateway is not correct, have him find out what default gateway he is pushing using the DHCP!
If the default gateway is not correct, your phone may not respond while being pinged from a PC (which you said is working just fine!)
Old 6th June 2012, 18:57   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IP 19x.16x.0.215
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Getway 19x.16x.03
DNS 19x.16x.03
DNS suffix - Blank
Mac Address
I wonder why the phone is showing the DNS of the gateway? On my phone the DNS shown is of the sevice provider and not of the gateway. Looks like the DNS IP number has been programmed into your DHCP server. This is definitely a configuration issue on your DHCP sever. The DNS should point to your ISP's DNS server and not to your router/access point.

My phone settings read like this

IP - 192.168.1.10
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.1.1
DNS - Airtel DNS server IP address and not 192.168.1.1
Old 6th June 2012, 19:22   #389
BHPian

Quote:
The DNS should point to your ISP's DNS server and not to your router/access point.

My phone settings read like this

IP - 192.168.1.10
Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.1.1
DNS - Airtel DNS server IP address and not 192.168.1.1
Quote:
DNS and Default gateway settings are set within the DHCP configuration only. If he thinks that the default gateway is not correct, have him find out what default gateway he is pushing using the DHCP!
Got your point sir will ask him to check on this issue hope this should solve the issue
IT guy says Saar you should have bought IPhone or Android instead of an windows phone

Last edited by driving_smartly : 6th June 2012 at 19:25.
Old 6th June 2012, 20:01   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got your point sir will ask him to check on this issue hope this should solve the issue
IT guy says Saar you should have bought IPhone or Android instead of an windows phone
This is not a problem with which phone you have bought. This is a problem with the configuration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks