Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2012, 11:38   #526
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Internet Sharing was already available on non Nokia windows phone. This was installed on Nokia phone through Nokia update and not Tango update.

Nokia Music is news to me. How do I install that?

it not officially available in India from the appstore but does have all the songs, strange..try the link below from your phone (use send to WP7)

http://t.co/4oSql4Ah

only for Lumia though, i had one update as Nokia update out of 3 updates that got delivered, works only on Tango Lumia's, you would need a Nokia account.

Last edited by Mindgrinder : 27th July 2012 at 11:41.
Old 27th July 2012, 12:41   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
it not officially available in India from the appstore but does have all the songs, strange..try the link below from your phone (use send to WP7)

http://t.co/4oSql4Ah

Thanks buddy, works flawlessly, good quality and decent collection too. Didn't even ask for the Nokia account.
Things like skydrive and now nokia music really makes the storage limitation issue partially redundant, atleast for those with decent wi-fi access.

Last edited by mi2n : 27th July 2012 at 12:45.
Old 27th July 2012, 23:35   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Thanks buddy, works flawlessly, good quality and decent collection too. Didn't even ask for the Nokia account.
Things like skydrive and now nokia music really makes the storage limitation issue partially redundant, atleast for those with decent wi-fi access.
and here is the QR code for camera extras app again exclusive to Lumias

Nokia Camera Extras Now Available For Lumia Devices in Europe, Asia & ROW : My Nokia Blog
Old 28th July 2012, 20:33   #529
BHPian

Guys, I am facing a strange problem. Sometimes, my phone shows that signal is there, but somehow people can not reach my phone, I don't get sms. Even when I call, the call does not get connected (like when network is congested). This typically happens after network was lost due to lift etc. This continues till I restart my phone. After restart, I start getting sms, calls etc.

The problem is, I do not realise this if I am not making any calls. Only after I try call someone, or someone complains that my phone is not reachable, I come to know about this. Sometimes, only indication I get is, signal bars are not bright like normal. These are faint (but there are enough bars).

It can be operator problem, but I never got this kind of problem in my previous
E5. Is anyone else facing this kind of problem?
Old 30th July 2012, 13:22   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Waiting for more than two weeks now, but my Lumia 800 is not getting the update yet. Anyone else still waiting? Is there any workaround for force update kind?
Finally got the update notification last week end (after a long wait). It is a three stage update. I didn't notice the first one. The second one is Windows OS update (7.10.8773.98), and the last one is updated from Nokia which includes tethering.

The internal sharing option shows only the number of client connected. Is there any application / option which shows the current up/down speed and also the total up/down size for the current session?
Old 31st July 2012, 23:21   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Guys, I am facing a strange problem. Sometimes, my phone shows that signal is there, but somehow people can not reach my phone, I don't get sms. Even when I call, the call does not get connected (like when network is congested). This typically happens after network was lost due to lift etc. This continues till I restart my phone. After restart, I start getting sms, calls etc.

The problem is, I do not realise this if I am not making any calls. Only after I try call someone, or someone complains that my phone is not reachable, I come to know about this. Sometimes, only indication I get is, signal bars are not bright like normal. These are faint (but there are enough bars).

It can be operator problem, but I never got this kind of problem in my previous
E5. Is anyone else facing this kind of problem?
Hello radek, Even I'm facing the same issue with my 3 month old Lumia 710. I either need to restart the phone or turn-on & off airplane mode for the phone to pick-up the signal. We recently moved to a high rise building where the signal coverage is weak inside the rooms. The phone doesn't pick up the signal even if I move to coverage area. For hours it keeps itself in hibernate mode and only when I need to call someone I realise that phone was sleeping.

Until now I was thinking its just my phone having this issue and now I can see you are also having the same issue. Please let me know if find solution to this weird problem.
Old 31st July 2012, 23:24   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Hello radek, Even I'm facing the same issue with my 3 month old Lumia 710. I either need to restart the phone or turn-on & off airplane mode for the phone to pick-up the signal. We recently moved to a high rise building where the signal coverage is weak inside the rooms. The phone doesn't pick up the signal even if I move to coverage area. For hours it keeps itself in hibernate mode and only when I need to call someone I realise that phone was sleeping.

Until now I was thinking its just my phone having this issue and now I can see you are also having the same issue. Please let me know if find solution to this weird problem.
have you got all the software updates for lumia? few handsets had a bug, i would recommend getting it updated from the service centre once.
Old 31st July 2012, 23:35   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
have you got all the software updates for lumia? few handsets had a bug, i would recommend getting it updated from the service centre once.
Recently I've received 3 updates and the current version is 7.10.8773.98. I'll get in touch with Nokia care and see if they can help!!
Old 1st August 2012, 10:15   #534
Senior - BHPian

Samsung launches the Omnia M in India at Rs 16,400

Difference Samsung Omnia M S7530 vs. Samsung Omnia W I8350 - GSMArena.com

Except for 4" screen, specs look exactly same as W.
Old 1st August 2012, 10:36   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
CPU is only 1Ghz versus 1.4Ghz on the Omnia W and also no GPU as per the GSMArena specs. Budget handset?
Old 1st August 2012, 13:22   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
CPU is only 1Ghz versus 1.4Ghz on the Omnia W and also no GPU as per the GSMArena specs. Budget handset?
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The RAM in Omnia M is 384 compared to 512 of Omnia W.
Old 3rd August 2012, 00:38   #537
Team-BHP Support

Is there any way I can keep my phone connected to a wi-fi network the whole time? Currently, it disconnects after a short while on locked screen.

It is of course connected to wi-fi when plugged in.
Old 3rd August 2012, 20:13   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Is there any way I can keep my phone connected to a wi-fi network the whole time? Currently, it disconnects after a short while on locked screen.

It is of course connected to wi-fi when plugged in.
it only stays on while downloading something from Marketplace, there is a hack which does that but you need to interop unlock your phone and its only possible on samsung one's as of now Wi-fi would sleep everytime screen times out
Old 4th August 2012, 12:12   #539
Senior - BHPian

I recently purchased Lumia 710 for my wife. Over all its a fantastic phone with great UI and very responsive touch screen. The only issue as such that she is facing is her skype and other messengers.

1. We are unable to find native Gtalk messenger in market place.
2. When she uses Skype; it works fine as long as she is on the Skype window, but the moment she hits the Home key, skype logs her out. I did some googling and got the below responses. Is there a way to have these apps running in background? I use a Motorola Defy + and never face this issues with any of the messengers.

"No, since Windows Phone is unable to support true Multitasking and cuts all TCP/IP connections of Applications in the Background it is clearly a Windows Phone limitation. It works flatless at other platforms!"

"you'd have to keep Skype open constantly. It's Skype's limitation on Windows Phone, sadly."

Any solutions to this would be of great help. You guys think this issue will be resolved in the 7.8 update? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Old 4th August 2012, 12:31   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I recently purchased Lumia 710 for my wife. Over all its a fantastic phone with great UI and very responsive touch screen. The only issue as such that she is facing is her skype and other messengers.

1. We are unable to find native Gtalk messenger in market place.
2. When she uses Skype; it works fine as long as she is on the Skype window, but the moment she hits the Home key, skype logs her out. I did some googling and got the below responses. Is there a way to have these apps running in background? I use a Motorola Defy + and never face this issues with any of the messengers.

"No, since Windows Phone is unable to support true Multitasking and cuts all TCP/IP connections of Applications in the Background it is clearly a Windows Phone limitation. It works flatless at other platforms!"

"you'd have to keep Skype open constantly. It's Skype's limitation on Windows Phone, sadly."

Any solutions to this would be of great help. You guys think this issue will be resolved in the 7.8 update? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
No work around for this as of now. Also it is not sure whether 7.8 will solve this problem as there is no proper feature list out for 7.8 as of now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks