Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2012, 12:28   #676
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
One way to get the phone to manually reset is to open the sim card slot. Doing this shuts down the phone.
Are you sure it works on the 800? I've changed the sim on my 800 a few times on the phone now without shutting down the phone.
Old 5th December 2012, 15:09   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
It's the ATT version and I am still here and don't intend to get it unlocked for a while. It costs around $100 ($50 in a few stores) with contract. The 8x costs $99 and $199.
Oh okay! Want to see the phone personally, hope Nokia will launch the phone asap!
Old 5th December 2012, 15:24   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider77 View Post
Are you sure it works on the 800? I've changed the sim on my 800 a few times on the phone now without shutting down the phone.
It works for sure on the 8X because the 8X has a drawer type slide thingy for the SIM card. Similar to the mechanism introduced by Apple on the iPhone. So as soon as you press the eject button the phone shuts down irrespective of whether the SIM card is present or not.

Another thing that I had noted when I was using my HD2 with various versions of WP. No matter how badly the phone hung, the power key always worked and allowed me to do a proper shut down. Such shut downs would take longer than normal, but the phone would shut down for sure.
Old 5th December 2012, 15:38   #679
BHPian

Quote:
It works for sure on the 8X because the 8X has a drawer type slide thingy for the SIM card. Similar to the mechanism introduced by Apple on the iPhone. So as soon as you press the eject button the phone shuts down irrespective of whether the SIM card is present or not.
To be clear we *are* talking about the Lumia 800 when you mean 8X, right? If so, I can't reproduce this behaviour. I can eject the sim card drawer (completely) without having the phone automatically shutdown. The only thing is when I re-insert the sim, I get a "No Sim" indication and I have to re-start the phone manually to make it go away.
Old 5th December 2012, 18:43   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be clear we *are* talking about the Lumia 800 when you mean 8X, right? If so, I can't reproduce this behaviour. I can eject the sim card drawer (completely) without having the phone automatically shutdown. The only thing is when I re-insert the sim, I get a "No Sim" indication and I have to re-start the phone manually to make it go away.
8X and 8S are the new models from HTC with the Windows Phone 8 OS. Nokia models with WP8 are Lumia 820 and 920.
Old 5th December 2012, 19:27   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes we are talking about 2 different phones. I am talking about the 8X. On the Lumia 800 this trick does not work. Tried on my uncle's phone.
Old 5th December 2012, 20:49   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Just curious how you come out of the hung state. In my WP7, I do it by removing the battery. In case of 8X and 920, don't know how we can do this with the integrated battery!
Quote:
WP OS has a built in reset function. If it hangs, then the OS auto reboots.

One way to get the phone to manually reset is to open the sim card slot. Doing this shuts down the phone.
Quote:
The way to restart is to hold power and volume down button simultaneously for around 10 seconds. It'll vibrate and restart. And oh, the vibrating mechanism on this phone is pretty bad. It's like the phone is falling apart :/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
Oh okay! Want to see the phone personally, hope Nokia will launch the phone asap!
Hope so too. And I am also hoping this will save Nokia.
Old 5th December 2012, 21:13   #683
BHPian

Nokia launches Lumia 620. I've set aside Rs. 14,000 for it and will be getting it the minute it becomes available in India.

WP8, 3.8", Dual Core 1 Ghz, 512 MB, 5 MP(flash ?), 8 GB, Microsd. All this at ~14k. Bye bye Samsung.
Old 5th December 2012, 22:20   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h
Nokia launches Lumia 620. I've set aside Rs. 14,000 for it and will be getting it the minute it becomes available in India.

WP8, 3.8", Dual Core 1 Ghz, 512 MB, 5 MP(flash ?), 8 GB, Microsd. All this at ~14k. Bye bye Samsung.
This looks very good.. Nokia should launch these phones asap to push the sales. Many Indians love Nokia phones, let's hope they get back with a bang. :-)
Old 9th December 2012, 19:33   #685
Senior - BHPian

Even i am in the same frame of my mind regarding the 620.If they launch it anywhere near 15,000 i am picking it up.This just might be the closest "perfect" 15,000 smartphone yet!

But when is it launching?Any leads,inside info anyone?My current phone is on its last legs and is living on life support almost.
Old 9th December 2012, 19:41   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Wait 1-2 months? Lumia 620 is coming and it will be brilliant IMHO.
http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-launc...phone-8-device
Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
This looks very good.. Nokia should launch these phones asap to push the sales. Many Indians love Nokia phones, let's hope they get back with a bang. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Even i am in the same frame of my mind regarding the 620.If they launch it anywhere near 15,000 i am picking it up.This just might be the closest "perfect" 15,000 smartphone yet!

But when is it launching?Any leads,inside info anyone?My current phone is on its last legs and is living on life support almost.
As per this article, the Lumia 620 will be here next month at Rs. 12,450. Bye bye Android.

Quote:
Targeted towards youth, Nokia's third and most affordable Windows Phone 8 smartphone, Lumia 620 will be available in India from January 2013.

Priced at Rs 12,450 approximately, the smartphone which is a perfect blend of style and functions brings dual-shot that adds a second layer of colored, transparent polycarbonate on top of a base layer to produce secondary color blends and depth effects
Old 9th December 2012, 20:46   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
As per this article, the Lumia 620 will be here next month at Rs. 12,450. Bye bye Android.
Any idea about the launch of 820 and 920?
Old 9th December 2012, 21:09   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
Any idea about the launch of 820 and 920?
Initial reports were hinting mid December but more recent ones seem to be suggesting Jan. Not sure if they might launch separately or whether they might launch all 3 models in one shot.
Old 12th December 2012, 10:51   #689
BHPian

Pre-orders of Lumia 920, 820 and 620 have been launched in China.

Quote:
However, it also notes that the $318 price tag for the Lumia 620 handset is significantly larger than the previously expected price of $249. It is possible that an import tariff or tax could be responsible for that price difference. Nonetheless, the Lumia 620 remains the least expensive Windows 8 phone released so far
Old 12th December 2012, 15:27   #690
BHPian

Does the supplied USB cable double up for the data connection using laptop internet as well? Anyone using laptop connection to access and sync mails on the phone?

Also it appears charging using USB is too slow?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks