Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 16:41   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
@libranof1987, have you imported your FB contacts on Windows live site also? I have not done that. I have directly used Windows phone to import facebook data.
I haven't imported my fb contact onto my Live account.
Old 6th March 2012, 19:29   #122
Senior - BHPian

Nokia Lumia 800 is available for 23k now on letsbuy. Thats about proper price for this wonderful phone I'd say. Any Win Phone fans, now is the time to grab one! I wish Nokia had launched it for this price initially. It certainly would have sold much much more. 30k was pricing disaster - it was dual core Android territory.
Old 7th March 2012, 13:07   #123
BHPian

Guys, i've been getting some pretty bad battery life lately with my Omnia W. On a charge im only getting like max 16 or 17 hours, and thats with minimal activity. This just started within the last few days. Before i would get like a day and a half, sometimes even up to 2 days. What could be the problem?
Old 7th March 2012, 13:17   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Guys, i've been getting some pretty bad battery life lately with my Omnia W. On a charge im only getting like max 16 or 17 hours, and thats with minimal activity. This just started within the last few days. Before i would get like a day and a half, sometimes even up to 2 days. What could be the problem?
Something must have changed for the battery life to drop so dractically. Did you install some app or made any changes?
Old 7th March 2012, 13:30   #125
Senior - BHPian

Nokia Lumia 800 update reportedly triples battery life

Earlier this week in Refresh Roundup, we wrote of a Vodafone-branded update for the Lumia 800 with a designation of 1600.2487.8107.12070. Among the enhancements, the new software version was said to provide longer battery life -- a welcome improvement, no doubt -- but we could've never guessed the significance of the gain.

Soure and More news : http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/06/l...-battery-life/
Old 7th March 2012, 13:38   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Something must have changed for the battery life to drop so dractically. Did you install some app or made any changes?
i had installed accuweather and i had the live tile running. Maybe that was the case? I removed it now, so lets see what happens. Other than that, i changed the network settings to automatic from 3G. Its a pretty dramatic drop and whats more is that the battery has been draining really quickly. I installed the ESPN app, but its not running in the background.
Old 7th March 2012, 13:43   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
Oh boy! Look how much I am getting

Name:  ForumRunner_20120307_134120.png
Views: 450
Size:  300.2 KB

Well the phone is minimally used, only few sms and calls plus some photos and videos taken.
Old 7th March 2012, 13:48   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Oh boy! Look how much I am getting

Attachment 898656

Well the phone is minimally used, only few sms and calls plus some photos and videos taken.
ok, how the hell did you do that!?!?! 4 days!!!! Is your 3G on or off?
Old 7th March 2012, 13:50   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i had installed accuweather and i had the live tile running. Maybe that was the case? I removed it now, so lets see what happens. Other than that, i changed the network settings to automatic from 3G. Its a pretty dramatic drop and whats more is that the battery has been draining really quickly. I installed the ESPN app, but its not running in the background.
Revert back the changes that you made one change at a time. That will help you nail the culprit for the battery drain.
Old 7th March 2012, 13:55   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Revert back the changes that you made one change at a time. That will help you nail the culprit for the battery drain.
what network settings do you have?
Old 7th March 2012, 13:56   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza

ok, how the hell did you do that!?!?! 4 days!!!! Is your 3G on or off?
No 3G BUT WiFi is ON all the time. Phone is mostly at home and is used by my wife. It's sparingly used as we have bad reception at home and landline is cheaper. It's mainly used for taking pics/videos of our 2 year old in the play area etc and whenever she goes out.

My requirement was best battery life hence went for a win phone. My wife is too careless to charge the phone everyday she is really happy with this phone.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:00   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
No 3G BUT WiFi is ON all the time. Phone is mostly at home and is used by my wife. It's sparingly used as we have bad reception at home and landline is cheaper. It's mainly used for taking pics/videos of our 2 year old in the play area etc and whenever she goes out.

My requirement was best battery life hence went for a win phone. My wife is too careless to charge the phone everyday she is really happy with this phone.
oh ok. I mainly use my phone for internet, calling and texting. My data is on all the time (3G). I dont usually use the phone on wifi, only when im at home.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:55   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what network settings do you have?
On my phone I keep phone data off as I have WiFi both at home and at work. Use phone data only when I am outside.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:56   #134
Senior - BHPian

I am using Samsung Focus for last 8 months. I bought it on eBay USA. I managed to get 4 more people to buy the same phone.

I guess Focus is the only Windows phone with expandable memory. Only drawback is AT&T blocked 3G setting in Network Settings. I cannot use 3G.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:59   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
I am using Samsung Focus for last 8 months. I bought it on eBay USA. I managed to get 4 more people to buy the same phone.

I guess Focus is the only Windows phone with expandable memory. Only drawback is AT&T blocked 3G setting in Network Settings. I cannot use 3G.
I'm sure you can get it unlocked or check if there is an updated ROM for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks