Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 16:42   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Just came across a review regarding Omnia W on flipkart, which posted as it is

"If u are finding problem in transfering file using zune den No need of using zune.
U can use the phone as usb drive without zune by doin following steps:
1.Open Windows Registry Editor by typing regedit in your start menu
2.Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetEnumUSB** 3.Perform a search for ZuneDriver
1.The search should yield a result similar to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetEnumUSB*V ID_045E&PID_04EC&MI_006&27ffd631&am*p;0&0000Device ParametersWUDF
4.Click up one level to the Device Parameters key
5.Change ShowInShell from 0 to 1
6.Change PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell from 1 to 0
7.Change EnableLegacySupport from 0 to 1
8.Change EnableDefaultAutoPlaySupport

You can now plug your Samsung Omnia 7 into your Windows PC using the supplied USB cable and it will be recognized as a USB drive and then u can transfer files without zune"

Reviews: Samsung Omnia W I8350 Review: Mobiles | Flipkart.com

I do not own a Windows phone, but have my sight at Omnia W.
Can anyone confirm if it works ?
Posted that in the Android thread just couple days back. But nobody replied. I should have posted here too. If someone can try, would like to know if it really works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I guess you are talking bout accessing SD using PC or other ways! I have stopped doing it since I started using WP7. Never missed that feature! I guess its better that way for performance of the OS since little you can play with the OS/settings that way. But I agree, there should be a feature since other OS do provide it and peopel have some practical use of it.
No. I mean Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. Click here. Please vote there and leave a comment, if possible.

Last edited by Raccoon : 17th March 2012 at 16:45.
Old 18th March 2012, 10:23   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
@SiddVish - This is strange ...

check how much signal is being shown. Also try to toggle between 3G and E in the networks settings ...

HTC phone whenever I lost signal when ending a call.
Just a heads up to all Lumia 710 users, if your phone hasn't notified you yet, theres an update available that fixes the "end call" issue.

Vikram, I did notice that whenever the end call issue came up the icon was either at G (GPRS) or E (Edge) while its usually on H ( HSPA+ ?? ). Isn't HSPA+ considered to be 4G ? lol how can i be getting 4G using vodafone in bangalore :P I've never seen the 3G logo though, it just toggles between these 3.
Old 18th March 2012, 11:34   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddVish View Post
Just a heads up to all Lumia 710 users, if your phone hasn't notified you yet, theres an update available that fixes the "end call" issue.

Vikram, I did notice that whenever the end call issue came up the icon was either at G (GPRS) or E (Edge) while its usually on H ( HSPA+ ?? ). Isn't HSPA+ considered to be 4G ? lol how can i be getting 4G using vodafone in bangalore :P I've never seen the 3G logo though, it just toggles between these 3.

HSPA+ is still 3G. 4G is LTE
Old 18th March 2012, 20:13   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Any idea if they plan to address the USSD issue in Tango?
No ideas or news, lets hope for the best.

Quote:
Posted that in the Android thread just couple days back. But nobody replied. I should have posted here too. If someone can try, would like to know if it really works.
Yes it works just fine, tried it with HTC HD 7 of a friends, but then Zune does not recognize the files

My Omnia W has gone to service station to get the OS reinstalled to try and fix the sms & 3G issue
Old 18th March 2012, 20:33   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
No ideas or news, lets hope for the best.

Yes it works just fine, tried it with HTC HD 7 of a friends, but then Zune does not recognize the files

My Omnia W has gone to service station to get the OS reinstalled to try and fix the sms & 3G issue
You still need Zune after using that hack?? I thought enabled access without Zune?

Dont Samsung service centers do such things on the spot? LG service center that I visited used to do such stuff on the spot. They have some 1 hr service policy. If its something that cannot be done within the hour or its something major for which they have to send it to some main service center or they don't have parts, they can ask you to leave the phone with them for not more than 7 days. That was my experience with LG.

Nokia on the other hand expects you to leave the phone with them for days even if its few min job like upgrading the firmware of a low-end dumbphone.
Old 18th March 2012, 20:35   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You still need Zune after using that hack?? I thought enabled access without Zune?

Dont Samsung service centers do such things on the spot? LG service center that I visited used to do such stuff on the spot. They have some 1 hr service policy. If its something that cannot be done within the hour or its something major for which they have to send it to some main service center or they don't have parts, they can ask you to leave the phone with them for not more than 7 days. That was my experience with LG.

Nokia on the other hand expects you to leave the phone with them for days even if its few min job like upgrading the firmware of a low-end dumbphone.
Yeah well they took some 3hrs but since i got busy i could not collect it on Saturday, and Sunday's its closed. Its a very small place by Samsung standards almost like a garage setup, this place is here in Koramangala, Bangalore
Old 18th March 2012, 21:40   #187
BHPian

Got My Self a Omnia W, upgraded from e 71 and the User interface is wow
Still exploring many things
Old 18th March 2012, 21:58   #188
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I guess you are talking bout accessing SD using PC or other ways! I have stopped doing it since I started using WP7. Never missed that feature! I guess its better that way for performance of the OS since little you can play with the OS/settings that way. But I agree, there should be a feature since other OS do provide it and peopel have some practical use of it.

I'm getting ~48 hours from my phone with about 1 hr or less of avg talking time and 1 hour of using phone for browsing/apps etc, I have two exchange and one live account where my Exchange account set to 'as item arrives'. Works well for me. Love the new OS, better than the 6.5 for sure.
wow, very nice. I am really frustrated with my phone (Omnia W)/battery now . It drains like crazy. I dont think the battery draining off nearly 10-15% in 2 hours is normal. Even on EDGE the battery drain is ridiculous. Just a few weeks ago i got 2 days plus with the battery, now its like barely a day. I am mainly using text messages and browsing on 3G in Bangalore here and there. At home the phone is on wifi. I do make more than 1 hour of calls though.

Quote:
Yeah well they took some 3hrs but since i got busy i could not collect it on Saturday, and Sunday's its closed. Its a very small place by Samsung standards almost like a garage setup, this place is here in Koramangala, Bangalore
any other Samsung service centers in Bangalore; i think i need a new battery for my Omnia W :(.

Last edited by GTO : 19th March 2012 at 13:28. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 18th March 2012, 22:12   #189
Senior - BHPian

Theres one in Jayanagar i think but saw some bad review about that, call them up and get the address near your place.
Old 19th March 2012, 00:13   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Theres one in Jayanagar i think but saw some bad review about that, call them up and get the address near your place.
both are pretty far from me; i stay in North Bangalore.
Old 19th March 2012, 09:11   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
any other Samsung service centers in Bangalore; i think i need a new battery for my Omnia W :(.
just a hunch, can you try resetting the phone, turning automatic internet access off, and see how long it lasts. also set power options to turn off within a minute of inactivity.
Old 19th March 2012, 09:43   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
both are pretty far from me; i stay in North Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
just a hunch, can you try resetting the phone, turning automatic internet access off, and see how long it lasts. also set power options to turn off within a minute of inactivity.
Agree, try turning off all not required connections and see how the battery lasts. If at home as you say its on wifi then turn it on whenever needed. There is an app called "Toggle" that you can use without going through the layers of menu.

Mine usually lasts 24 hours, but i always change it in the morning. Never charge it overnight, read it in few forums that battery is effected if charger is left on despite full battery.

Today i will get back my phone so lets see if the 3G and Sms issue is solved.
Old 19th March 2012, 11:21   #193
BHPian

I have synced my contacts from Gmail, but i can see only names but no contact numbers. The Phone number appears in notes and not in contacts.

Any solution how to get the numbers in contacts ?

Also accidentally i selected Windows Market as Australia, Can i change it back to India ?

Would appreciate your help in this matter.

Regards,
Ninad

Last edited by driving_smartly : 19th March 2012 at 11:30.
Old 19th March 2012, 11:28   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have synced my contacts from Gmail, but i can see only names but no contact number. The Phone number appears in notes and not in contacts.
Any solution how to get the numbers in contacts ?
The data has been formatted wrong in your Google contacts. I used Google to do my initial sync also but I had no such problems.
Old 19th March 2012, 13:02   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also accidentally i selected Windows Market as Australia, Can i change it back to India ?

Would appreciate your help in this matter.

Regards,
Ninad
Yeah you can change it under "Region & Language", it will ask you to restart the phone, thats it, you are done and can access India's Marketplace.

Update on the 3G and SMS issue

Don't know how but the problem seems to have resolved after the re installation. The OS details are as below.

Software: Windows 7.5
OS Version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware: 2424.12.01.1

The above version seems to be the same as the one I had earlier so not sure how the issue got solved. Strange are the ways of technology

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks