Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 15:37   #691
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Also it appears charging using USB is too slow?
Wall charger output = around 1A, USB 2.0 = 0.5A and USB 3.0 = 0.95A.
Old 12th December 2012, 19:53   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the supplied USB cable double up for the data connection using laptop internet as well? Anyone using laptop connection to access and sync mails on the phone?
Yes it does. I don't use PC connection to sync emails. Do it over WiFi.
Old 13th December 2012, 11:07   #693
Senior - BHPian

Microsoft released the first OTA update for the HTC 8X on Monday and I got this update yesterday. The major new features added are as follows.

Reject calls with customized SMS
Ability to save draft copies of SMS messages
Ability to keep wifi on even the phone goes into suspend mode
Random reboot problem which occurred on some phones has been solved

As of now this update is only for the HTC 8X, but it will be rolled out on to other WP8 devices shortly.

These are the big changes that I found. I'm still exploring the phone to see if anything else has been added.

My phone is about 3 weeks old now and I have never faced the random reboot issue, but there are tons of reports of this happening on WP8. Some reports indicate that this may be happening with apps that were built for WP7 & WP7.5. Not sure how far this is true.

Last edited by vikram_d : 13th December 2012 at 11:12.
Old 14th December 2012, 12:24   #694
BHPian

I want to upload few things to my sky drive account, but I am not able to upload multiple things at one go.

Example :- If i want to upload a set of pictures i have to select each picture manually and upload it one by one which is a real pain.

Any pointers to overcome this ?
Old 14th December 2012, 12:50   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
I want to upload few things to my sky drive account, but I am not able to upload multiple things at one go.

Example :- If i want to upload a set of pictures i have to select each picture manually and upload it one by one which is a real pain.

If you want to upload all pictures to Skydrive, there is a setting for 'auto upload to Skydrive' which should take care of the upload automatically. I'm not sure if there is a way in WP7 to selectively upload just a few pics to Skydrive - either all or one by one.

There is a Skydrive app in Marketplace released by Microsoft which allows you to view and add content to your skydrive account from the phone - I haven't explored it yet but see if adding via the app is easier by any chance.
Old 14th December 2012, 13:06   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I don't remember if this can be done in WP7. Can you go to the album that you want to upload and check if you have an option for selecting multiple photos. WP8 gives you the option to select multiple photos and upload them all in one go.
Old 14th December 2012, 14:53   #697
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I don't remember if this can be done in WP7. Can you go to the album that you want to upload and check if you have an option for selecting multiple photos.
I have checked but there is no option to select multiple photos in windows 7.5 for uploading to SkyDrive . And I have no hopes of it being incorporated in 7.8 update.

Is there bluetooth file transferring option in windows 8 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I haven't explored it yet but see if adding via the app is easier by any chance.
Saw the app named Sky Manager it was for 3.49$, as i had selected Australian market first time when i logged in the market place . Haven't switch back to India Market

Last edited by driving_smartly : 14th December 2012 at 14:55.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:16   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have checked but there is no option to select multiple photos in windows 7.5 for uploading to SkyDrive . And I have no hopes of it being incorporated in 7.8 update.

Is there bluetooth file transferring option in windows 8 ?
Yes in WP8 you can transfer files over Bluetooth. My HTC 8X also has NFC. So files can be transferred via that also.

Nobody knows what exactly WP7.8 will have. It just may have new features built in which are not multicore processor dependent.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:39   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw the app named Sky Manager it was for 3.49$, as i had selected Australian market first time when i logged in the market place . Haven't switch back to India Market
This is a free application. See if this link is available in your region settings.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...2-ffe7f4182ba8
Old 14th December 2012, 15:41   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a free application. See if this link is available in your region settings.

That's the official Microsoft Skydrive app and is available in all regions.
Old 14th December 2012, 15:52   #701
BHPian

Quote:

This app was already installed in my phone and l was trying to upload the pictures from the same app.

When i opened the aforesaid link it showed 3.0 version available for installation and after that i logged in with my windows live id it shows me that app version 2.2 already installed.
Old 15th December 2012, 11:58   #702
BHPian

Does it make any difference if we choose US region Vs India?
Old 15th December 2012, 14:11   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does it make any difference if we choose US region Vs India?
Not really. By choosing the India region you wont have access to buy Music from the Marketplace. Also the marketplace will show you apps that are localized/customized to India, even though other global apps will also be available.

This is main difference, besides this some small stuff like song search in Bing does not work for the India region. I have overcome this by using a free app called Soundhound. Everything else that I know of works the same.
Old 17th December 2012, 07:36   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Not really. By choosing the India region you wont have access to buy Music from the Marketplace. Also the marketplace will show you apps that are localized/customized to India, even though other global apps will also be available.

This is main difference, besides this some small stuff like song search in Bing does not work for the India region. I have overcome this by using a free app called Soundhound. Everything else that I know of works the same.
Thanks Vikram

Are you also using any antivirus or firewall apps, if yes which ones are trustworthy and recommended for 7.5?

I also read 7.8 has been released by MS now , has anyone received the update notification and updated yet?

Which application to use for messenger ? I would assume live messenger should be available but can't find it in marketplace myself .. any pointers?
Old 17th December 2012, 10:53   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vikram

Are you also using any antivirus or firewall apps, if yes which ones are trustworthy and recommended for 7.5?

I also read 7.8 has been released by MS now , has anyone received the update notification and updated yet?

Which application to use for messenger ? I would assume live messenger should be available but can't find it in marketplace myself .. any pointers?
Hi Shankyz, the 7.8 update is not officially released by MS, though you can flash unofficially from certain links. Here is some related news:
http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...-range-1119451
Even I have looked for antivirus/ firewall apps but in vain, the fact that it is a Windows phone makes me desperate to have such apps ASAP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks