Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2013, 15:09   #1306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Is this a step brotherly treatment BY whatsapp to the windows environment? As far as I know the apps can access the space meant for audio/video/documents. And what makes it even more phunny is that I can send PHOTOS/PIX on whatsapp. (not talking about taking a live snapshot)
Blocking audio is meaningful, but videos shot from camera is inconvenient. I hope they fix this soon.
Old 8th November 2013, 16:04   #1307
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

My friend recently purchased a new NL 625 , we downloaded a media app called "audio player " (a free app) . While playing songs , I am unable to decrease the volume . When I press the volume buttons on the side , the ringtone volume decreases and not the media volume.

The same thing happened with the media player app that came with the phone. Volume is always maximum . Is the phone defective ?

Any help will he appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Old 8th November 2013, 17:35   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
My friend recently purchased a new NL 625 , we downloaded a media app called "audio player " (a free app) . While playing songs , I am unable to decrease the volume . When I press the volume buttons on the side , the ringtone volume decreases and not the media volume.

The same thing happened with the media player app that came with the phone. Volume is always maximum . Is the phone defective ?

This may not be a hardware defect, but it seems more like a software issue.

One think you can try is uninstall the app that was installed, restart the phone and then play some music with the default built in app and check if volume works properly.
Old 8th November 2013, 17:42   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
While playing songs , I am unable to decrease the volume . When I press the volume buttons on the side , the ringtone volume decreases and not the media volume.

I have experienced the same with my Lumia 925.
I do not have any third party player installed. But at times the volume just does not respond to the keys. The volume numbers count down on the screen but still no reduction in volume!

And to me it has happened twice and i was playing the same song at both instances. Not sure if it was just a coincidence or if something was wrong with that particular song.

A restart solved it for me at both times and I could play the same song again with no issues.
Old 8th November 2013, 17:42   #1310
BHPian

Quote:

Phone is not defective. This happens with default Music player and Nokia music too. Just reboot the phone or simply quit the app and start it again. Some times quitting doesn't fix, reboot always works.
Old 8th November 2013, 17:56   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
This may not be a hardware defect, but it seems more like a software issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
I have experienced the same with my Lumia 925.
I do not have any third party player installed. But at times the volume just does not respond to the keys. The volume numbers count down on the screen but still no reduction in volume!

The volume number changes , but it the ringtone volume and not media volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
Phone is not defective. This happens with default Music player and Nokia music too. Just reboot the phone or simply quit the app and start it again. Some times quitting doesn't fix, reboot always works.
Thanks a lot folks. Uninstalled the app , re booted the phone ,did the usual practice. For now the issue seems to be solved with the default nokia player . Must check with other applications.
Old 8th November 2013, 19:28   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot folks. Uninstalled the app , re booted the phone ,did the usual practice. For now the issue seems to be solved with the default nokia player . Must check with other applications.
Looks like bad coding of the app. I have used a few media players but have never encountered this problem. Just out of curiosity, what was the name of the app. I want to check if that bug is repeatable and if it is then it would make sense to notify the developer.
Old 8th November 2013, 20:28   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like bad coding of the app. I have used a few media players but have never encountered this problem. Just out of curiosity, what was the name of the app. I want to check if that bug is repeatable and if it is then it would make sense to notify the developer.

This usually happens when you switch players. Like default when I'm listening music on default app and I switch to Nokia Music or vice versa. Also happens when I watch a video on YouTube.
Old 9th November 2013, 09:44   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what was the name of the app. I want to check if that bug is repeatable and if it is then it would make sense to notify the developer.
Here is the link

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/st...5-e47f33b017a1

DO let me know if you come across the same problem.
Old 9th November 2013, 09:44   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The volume number changes , but it the ringtone volume and not media volume

I am facing the same problem with my Nokia music and video player.
Old 9th November 2013, 10:04   #1316
BHPian

music player is a sham in windows Phone.

I am experiencing multiple files issue. Same file name is being repeated at least 30 times in the songs list, which means scrolling through whole play list is nightmare . tried all the available tricks but it won't budge .

Worst is that the same song will repeat while i play music irrespective of being just one file and if i delete One file, All entries gets deleted . tried other music players and they all exhibit same behavior .

Hope Nokia fix this issue ASAP . It;s being experienced by many people i think .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 9th November 2013 at 10:05.
Old 9th November 2013, 10:17   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I am facing the same problem with my Nokia music and video player.
Lets wait and watch , many people seem to be finding solutions to this and hope they will post it here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
music player is a sham in windows Phone.

Hope Nokia fix this issue ASAP . It;s being experienced by many people i think .
You are right , lot of people having trouble with NL phones.
Did you try following the steps in the above mentioned posts (uninstall , reboot etc ?) .
Old 9th November 2013, 10:21   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
You are right , lot of people having trouble with NL phones.
Did you try following the steps in the above mentioned posts (uninstall , reboot etc ?) .
Yup everything tried including formatting the SD card , resetting the Phone , re install media player and every crazy step one can think of .

I think MS has released a patch to fix it but it;s yet to be rolled out in India. I saw one thread talking about same in MS community and the latest OS version posted there was higher than what i have on my lumia post amber update .
Old 9th November 2013, 13:52   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the link

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/st...5-e47f33b017a1

DO let me know if you come across the same problem.
I faced the exact same problem after installing this on my L920. Have sent a bug report to the developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I am experiencing multiple files issue. Same file name is being repeated at least 30 times in the songs list, which means scrolling through whole play list is nightmare . tried all the available tricks but it won't budge.
I have heard a lot about this problem and strangely I have never faced it. Moreover I heard that this problem had been solved with the Amber update. How are you syncing music with the phone? I use the Windows Phone desktop app to sync all my media.
Old 9th November 2013, 16:16   #1320
BHPian

I too have faced this issue of multiple music files. I own an 820 and have faced this issue even before the Amber update. That time I just attributed this issue to multiple downloads that might have happened owing to issue with internet connection.

Of late, the issue of multiple song files in an album has become a headache and sometimes, it dampens puts you off while listening to your favorite song.

Most Viewed