Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2014, 23:23   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone using a windows phone for lotus notes emails? Office email server has been moved to lotus notes from outlook and it was suggested to dump the blackberry and move to windows or android.
Old 7th March 2014, 05:49   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Is anyone using a windows phone for lotus notes emails? Office email server has been moved to lotus notes from outlook and it was suggested to dump the blackberry and move to windows or android.
A cousin of mine is using a windows phone for lotus notes. Works well.
Old 7th March 2014, 06:07   #1608
Senior - BHPian

I have a Nokia lumia 620. Whenever I try to download music I get the message used is already registered. How can I resolve this?
Old 7th March 2014, 06:13   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Download music through which app?
Old 18th March 2014, 06:46   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I have a Nokia lumia 620. Whenever I try to download music I get the message used is already registered. How can I resolve this?

Try logging out of your Nokia account and then log in.
Old 18th March 2014, 08:58   #1611
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks! I am trying to get an aftermarket head unit for my car. Any idea if the USB ports will charge the Windows phone? Most manufacturers have advertised that you can now connect iOS products, Android phones and Blackberry phones and charge them too. Just wanted to know, if Windows phones can be charged at least.
Old 18th March 2014, 09:41   #1612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Hey folks! I am trying to get an aftermarket head unit for my car. Any idea if the USB ports will charge the Windows phone? Most manufacturers have advertised that you can now connect iOS products, Android phones and Blackberry phones and charge them too. Just wanted to know, if Windows phones can be charged at least.
Theoretically all phones having USB charger should charge. The reality is that some charges have higher charging voltage than others, some phones may charge and some may not. The only sure fire method is to connect the phone and see if it charges. Please note if the voltage is lower than OEM charger, then it may take a long time for the phone to charge.
Old 18th March 2014, 10:03   #1613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Theoretically all phones having USB charger should charge. The reality is that some charges have higher charging voltage than others, some phones may charge and some may not. The only sure fire method is to connect the phone and see if it charges. Please note if the voltage is lower than OEM charger, then it may take a long time for the phone to charge.
The head units that I am looking at have either 0.5A or 1A output for the USB. So I am guessing the 1A output ones will charge the phones very slowly, while the 0.5A output ones will help keep the battery from discharging only!
Thanks for clarifying Aroy
Old 24th March 2014, 10:14   #1614
BHPian

Not sure if any body else noticed it or not But the "system" under data sense usage stats is showing daily usage of at least 10-15 MB daily & eats away at least 300 / 400 MB of data per month ( Has a 1 GB plan) . any body has clues what this "system" is about .i assume this is related to usage stats that MS is collecting anonymously. if True, I am bit nervous thinking what all MS is collecting from my Phone without telling me anything.

Big question - How can i bring it to "Zero".
Old 24th March 2014, 13:32   #1615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Not sure if any body else noticed it or not But the "system" under data sense usage stats is showing daily usage of at least 10-15 MB daily & eats away at least 300 / 400 MB of data per month ( Has a 1 GB plan) . any body has clues what this "system" is about .i assume this is related to usage stats that MS is collecting anonymously. if True, I am bit nervous thinking what all MS is collecting from my Phone without telling me anything.

Big question - How can i bring it to "Zero".
If it is just usage statistics, there is an option within settings to disable it. I don't think it is just usage statistics that is taking up so much data. There could be other stuff like sync with skydrive, facebook and twitter updates, checking for phone updates etc that gets synced. Is there a separate header for these activities in the data sense?

For me, total data usage by System since 8th March is just 19MB, half of which was while in Wifi. BTW, I've unlinked my FB account in the phone long back. So I can't check if that takes up data under the system header or not. It did boost up data usage long back before we had data sense.

Last edited by zenren : 24th March 2014 at 13:35.
Old 26th March 2014, 09:33   #1616
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

I am in market for a windows phone for wife. I had almost zeroed in on Lumia 525 @ 9500/-. Today got an email from Flipkart on offers on Lumia 720 @ 15800/-. 525 has a 1GB RAM vs 512 RAM on Lumia 720. Is that a major deal breaker? 720 has better battery, better camera and feels like a long term device. Only the RAM part is holding me back.

A cousin is using 525 and finds the phone superb over all with only complaint being the over all battery life. With 3G it drains out in less than a day.

Please advise. Need to order today.

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 26th March 2014 at 09:34.
Old 26th March 2014, 09:39   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Lotus traveler works. Your sysadmin will set it up for you.
Old 26th March 2014, 09:49   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Please advise. Need to order today.
Unless she is going to use the phone for games etc, I don't think the RAM is going to be a limiting factor.

I have been using the 720 for close to 9 months now and I haven't been let down by the RAM yet. WP8 is really light. And I really make use of the big battery and the excellent camera.

I prefer the dimensions of 525 though.
Old 26th March 2014, 10:48   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Took the plunge and ordered the Lumia 720 from Flipkart. 15989/-. Seems like a decent deal. Gaming is 0 whatsoever. So i guess 720 should do well. It has more to offer for that extra 6k. Front cam, bigger battery etc.

Have opted for "In-a-day Guarantee" so i should have the phone by end of the day tomorrow.

Regards,
Old 2nd April 2014, 22:22   #1620
Distinguished - BHPian

Any of you guys facing the google contacts (sync/missing) issue? Google sync error code would be 80190194.

This seems to be from today across the globe (refer to link 1 and link 2)

Primarily the reason seems to be from Google's side (link)

Quote:
"Important: As of March 31, 2014, in order to increase security, the Contacts API began redirecting HTTP GET requests to HTTPS, and rejecting POST, PUT, and DELETE requests made with HTTP. If your application uses the HTTP protocol, please switch to HTTPS.
Haven't found any resolutions online yet. Do share if any of you guys do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks