Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:16   #1771
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The battery of my 925 runs down like crazy after the update. What is surprising is that internet explorer seems to be taking all the power. Without browsing, the battery level drops very slowly with whatsapp, media etc. Once I use the browser it starts dropping down like crazy. Hope they fix this issue for otherwise an amazing phone.

I tried out the camera to see if the pureview really was worth the hype and got this at 10PM:

Attachment 1264511

Took the pic using the manual exposure option, ISO100 with a 4sec exposure
Wow, that's a lovely picture!

I've had Batttery Discharging rates of close to 25% per hour while using WhatsApp.
Old 22nd July 2014, 21:31   #1772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Wow, that's a lovely picture!

I've had Batttery Discharging rates of close to 25% per hour while using WhatsApp.
I managed to get 12hrs of normal use today with 70% of the battery. With both Wifi and 3G On. Did a little browsing and occasionally along with a non continuous whatsapp use, coupled with a few calls and pictures. Played temple run for a few minutes. For now I feel the battery is OK, not bad not good. Still internet explorer is shown as the max battery consumer though I have used it lesser than whatsapp.
Yesterday watched a 20min youtube video and that took close to 8% of battery. Guess its not that much of a battery heavy activity. Not sure what's with internet explorer.

Last edited by audioholic : 22nd July 2014 at 21:33.
Old 22nd July 2014, 21:36   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Curious - hasn't anyone here bought the Xolo / micromax windows phones? Surprised that they barely registered on team-bhp at all.
Old 22nd July 2014, 21:37   #1774
D4D
BHPian

How many run 8.1 on preview for developers? Are we supposed to revert to windows phone 8 before updating to Lumia Cyan?
Old 22nd July 2014, 23:49   #1775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
How many run 8.1 on preview for developers? Are we supposed to revert to windows phone 8 before updating to Lumia Cyan?
I am on DP 8.1 since the beginning pretty much. AFAIK there is no way we can roll back to Win 8. Once your device receives the Cyan 8.1 update you will be notified and the update shall be installed.

There is no reverting to Win 8.

Regards,
Old 23rd July 2014, 00:13   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
I am running windows 8.1 on my Lumia 520. If reports are to be believed, some phones are getting bricked when they receive the Lumia Cyan update! So Microsoft has stopped updates for those using PD 8.1 until this issue is sorted out. When the update rolls out, one would have to go back to windows 8 and then get the Lumia Cyan update. For reverting back to windows 8, you need Nokia software recovery tool on your PC. And in case your device gets bricked, Nokia software recovery tool can still be used.

Read all of this online before updating the software.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
amansanc
Old 23rd July 2014, 00:25   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
It is not really required to restore Lumia before updating Cyan. It is for people who were getting error while upgrading to Cyan.

As per the report, the error was due to bitlocker enabled when you sign-in to corporate account on phone. If you have signed-in to your company account and if BitLocker encryption is enabled, then you may face the problem.
However MS is working on it.

Here is the way to revert back,
How to recover your bricked Lumia with the Nokia Software Recovery Tool

More details:
Microsoft: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developer users should return to normal software before Lumia Cyan

Disclaimer: I have not faced this problem and neither tried any of the steps mentioned in above articles. If you are running into any issues, you may have to contact MS or post questions in WPCentral forum.

So, suggest you to first try upgrading to Cyan and decide accordingly if you are facing the problem mentioned as in above articles.

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 23rd July 2014 at 00:26.
Old 23rd July 2014, 00:51   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am surprised as my Lumia 630 already has the Cyan update (8.1)!
Lumia 630 came with Cyan/WP 8.1 by default. Cyan update for Lumia 1520 rolling out since today morning. But the folks on DP will have to wait as due to some Bitlocker issues the firmware update is not rolling out to DP devices. To get the update you have to roll back to the commercially available update (WP8.0) and then do an update to Cyan/8.1.

Last edited by vikram_d : 23rd July 2014 at 00:55.
Old 23rd July 2014, 08:40   #1779
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I am on DP 8.1 since the beginning pretty much. AFAIK there is no way we can roll back to Win 8.

There is no reverting to Win 8.
Using Nokia recovery tool you can revert to WP 8. But yes, as others have suggested, microsoft might not want us to roll back and will set the update right.
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:08   #1780
Team-BHP Support

My colleague’s Lumia 925 has received the 8.1 update and my 920 is still waiting. :(

Quickly checked out the updates on his device and it looks pretty good and fresh. The drop-down notifications menu looks like a direct lift from the Android OS but a worthy addition. There are a lot of subtle changes as well. The tiles with the background image now looks much better than the static colors. The size of the tiles can be reduced even further! The image of the contact displayed during an incoming call is now not pixelated - previously they were. The image also appears while making a call from the device - previously it was blank with just the contact name and number displayed. Message swiping looks good although it may take some time to adapt to it.
Old 24th July 2014, 11:37   #1781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
My colleague’s Lumia 925 has received the 8.1 update and my 920 is still waiting. :(
I think you should check out this link for lumia cyan update for Asia-Pacific. The update for 920 in India is under testing.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/...-asia-pacific/
Old 24th July 2014, 22:32   #1782
BHPian

My Lumia 925 was updated recently to Windows Phone 8.1 directly from 8.0. Now, I have few clarifications regarding the email attachments.

I've installed the "Files" file manager app also. While the 'Pictures' folder has the latest photos taken, the 'Downloads' folder does not contain any file even after opening/clicking the attachment from an email. Where does the attachment gets downloaded. The options of Save and Download are disabled when I long press on any attachment. I tried this with office files and also pdf files.

My expectation was that the office file(s) or the pdf file(s) should get downloaded to the downloads folder, from where I can pick these and share via an email as attachments. Am I missing anything here. Need inputs in this regard. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 24th July 2014 at 22:33.
Old 25th July 2014, 10:24   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
My Lumia 925 was updated recently to Windows Phone 8.1 directly from 8.0. Now, I have few clarifications regarding the email attachments.

I've installed the "Files" file manager app also. While the 'Pictures' folder has the latest photos taken, the 'Downloads' folder does not contain any file even after opening/clicking the attachment from an email. Where does the attachment gets downloaded. The options of Save and Download are disabled when I long press on any attachment. I tried this with office files and also pdf files.

My expectation was that the office file(s) or the pdf file(s) should get downloaded to the downloads folder, from where I can pick these and share via an email as attachments. Am I missing anything here. Need inputs in this regard. Thanks.
In continuation of the above post, if I click/open an office file from an email, then save the same after the document opens using the "Save As" option, the document is appearing in the downloads folder of the Files application. From the downloads folder, I presume that I can share one or more documents via an email. Need to check this.

The above procedure is not working for pdf files. Need to know how I can save pdf files and then share the same. Any feedback from experts is welcome. Thanks.
Old 26th July 2014, 12:14   #1784
BHPian

Guys, another clarification needed with regard to Lumia 925 with 8.1 and the Super Calendar app.

I'm using the trial version of the Super Calendar application on my Lumia 925 that was recently updated to 8.1. While I see there are lot of options to customize the app, I cannot set the back of the live tile.

While I see that there are 10 options each for selecting the front and back tiles, the back tile is not updating i.e. the back tile always remains blank without any change in the settings page. On the home screen, only the front tile gets displayed.

Can you help me out in this regard. Is it due to trial version? Should i buy the actual version for this to work. Awaiting your reply. Thanks in advance.
Old 26th July 2014, 12:37   #1785
Team-BHP Support

Did somebody talk about battery drain? I forgot to charge my Lumia 720 for a while. This is what I saw today. See the bottom part of the image.

The Windows Phone Thread-10404881_932038443479652_5475332031607984507_n.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks