Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 01:30   #2251
BHPian

Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I don't know how close it is to a final build, but yeah it is pretty stable and I am using it on my primary phone with no issues.
Okay so I could not control myself any more and upgraded my 640xl to the latest 10536 Windows 10 build and I am simply loving it. Windows 10 is leagues ahead of 8.1. Battery backup is almost the same, slightly lower though, understandably so, since windows 10 brings with it, so many additional features which use up more resources on the device.

Upgrade Process:I made a mistake at the start by upgrading to windows 10 via the Slow channel, which did not give me the latest 10536 build which considered to be the closest one to final build. I then tried switching to fast to get the latest build and an entire day got wasted. I had to restore the phone back to 8.1 and then upgrade to 10536 build via the fast channel. This build is again a huge huge improvement over the latest build on the Slow channel.

Being in tune with TBHP, the first difference between the windows 10 builds was that when the device was connected via bluetooth to the car HU, the calls would be picked up only if I was in Bluetooth mode, however, in 10536 this has been resolved. Call is picked when in any mode, even when the HU is switched off. A bug that still exists is that I cannot skip songs from the HU.

PS: Using Ford OE HU.

Quote:
All phones that are supported for the insider previews will get the final version.
The device needs to have a minimum of 4gb internal space along with 1 gb ram to qualify for the final build, is what I am hearing from the forums.

MaSh
Old 28th September 2015, 19:25   #2252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Try formatting the card on a PC. Windows phone 7 used to encrypt cards. But not WP8/10.
Tried it. No go, the card reader on multiple laptops didn't even detect the card.

Ordered a Strontium Nitro 466X UHS-1 32GB microSD off Amazon. Hoping it works well. Already regretting buying a phone with limited internal storage.
Old 29th September 2015, 19:09   #2253
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, please help!!

I did a hard reset of my 925 just to find out(or not find out) that Here Drive and Maps were missing! I didnt find them in the store either. Why is this? Is it because I have set my region and language as English(US)? I wanted to give my phone a long awaited clean up and reset it today. Now I feel like committing the biggest blunder if I cant get it back.

What is the reason for this?
Old 29th September 2015, 19:49   #2254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guys, please help!!

I did a hard reset of my 925 just to find out(or not find out) that Here Drive and Maps were missing! I didnt find them in the store either. Why is this? Is it because I have set my region and language as English(US)? I wanted to give my phone a long awaited clean up and reset it today. Now I feel like committing the biggest blunder if I cant get it back.

What is the reason for this?
I'm guessing that your phone is on W8/8.1. Go to the store on the phone and there is an option to see your purchase history. This history will show every app that was installed on your phone. You should be able to get the apps from there.
Old 29th September 2015, 20:09   #2255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm guessing that your phone is on W8/8.1. Go to the store on the phone and there is an option to see your purchase history. This history will show every app that was installed on your phone. You should be able to get the apps from there.
Thanks a ton. It was there. Not sure why its not showing up in the marketplace or installed as default. Gave me a surprise!
Old 29th September 2015, 21:56   #2256
Distinguished - BHPian

Moved to the Windows 10 preview and I am sold. Does justice to the phone with great improvement in the UI. I was thinking of going Android but ditched plans now. I don't test things to the limits but so far I am liking a lot.
Old 22nd October 2015, 22:21   #2257
BHPian

Re: How to transfer data to a PC?

Sister's Lumia 1320(Windows 8.1) has consumed all it's storage(8GB ROM + 8GB card). I am finding it tough to transfer data into a computer.

Are there any easy transfer methods for these windows phones? Also, please suggest some good apps to clean up the phone.

How much bigger card can this model accept? I will be getting her a bigger card.

Please advise.
Old 23rd October 2015, 11:45   #2258
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to transfer data to a PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Sister's Lumia 1320(Windows 8.1) has consumed all it's storage(8GB ROM + 8GB card). I am finding it tough to transfer data into a computer.

Are there any easy transfer methods for these windows phones? Also, please suggest some good apps to clean up the phone.

How much bigger card can this model accept? I will be getting her a bigger card.

Please advise.
here is the review. It states that you can get upto 64GB card.
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_1320-5791.php
Old 23rd October 2015, 11:49   #2259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thanks a ton. It was there. Not sure why its not showing up in the marketplace or installed as default. Gave me a surprise!
Yes even I am surprised why it is not present in the market place now.
I reset my wife's phone and had open the website to install the apps.
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:25   #2260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

Please advise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
It states that you can get upto 64GB card.
With Windows Phone 8.1 Denim the maximum SD card capacity is 128GB.
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:36   #2261
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I'm in a fix. I've a lumia 435. In past upgrade(10166) to WP10 failed twice. After upgrade phone just stays in boot loop and never get out of it.

Today, Once again I tried to get insider build. I choose slow option. It has downloaded 10166 again. NOW my issue - I do not want to install this update! System do not have any option to cancel the update!!!

I've 4 more days. After that system will forcefully update to 10166.

Any help on how to cancel update will be highly appreciated!
Old 25th October 2015, 17:38   #2262
Senior - BHPian

There is no way to cancel the update. My suggestion is to enroll to the fast ring. Build 10572 is extremely smooth, fast and stable.
Old 20th November 2015, 01:36   #2263
Senior - BHPian

Since build 10581 I was contemplating to install the insider preview in my L1520. But was little sceptical about the stability and bugs.

But yesterday I had upgraded successfully and quite easily to Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.11. It is very fast and smooth compared to Windowsphone 8.1.

Here Drive and Here Maps are not working. And Device Hub is crashing too. Rest everything is working excellently.

The Windows Phone Thread-wp_ss_20151120_0007.jpg

The Windows Phone Thread-wp_ss_20151120_0008.png

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 20th November 2015, 17:07   #2264
BHPian

I am looking for an alternative (free) music player for my wife's Nokia Lumia 730.
The Xbox music player is too frustrating and frequently crashes.

What can you recommend?
Old 20th November 2015, 17:31   #2265
Senior - BHPian

So I bought the BLU Win HD LTE phone for 6K from snapdeal, comes with screen guard and rubber "jacket". Pretty good deal for the specs offered.
However, the touch is not as sensitive as the Lumias :(
And there are no Lumia apps available (which doesn't matter much for me)

Also I did realize that Here maps and drive are not available and the reason is some "goof-up" by Here's latest update that made the app unstable, thus has been pulled out.

Most Viewed