Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 19:31   #46
Senior - BHPian

currently samsung,aoc and in some places dell are the ones easily available and good.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:23   #47
BHPian

I have a 19" Viewsonic that just went bad - top part of the screen is not displaying anything. I carried it in to the local service center and they told me to contact the all india toll free number first.

Couldn't get thru to the toll free number so have emailed them now. So much for the on-site warranty.

Seeing this thread was rather scary - ViewSonic seems to be the Skoda of the LCD monitor world!
Old 6th July 2009, 18:54   #48
BHPian

My replacement 22" monitor has a dead pixel now, but I haven't bothered to call them as I read elsewhere that they won't provide a replacement unless there are more than 5 dead pixels or so.

I've had enough, I am getting a dell 24" display as soon this one goes kaput. Now praying for a lighting to strike
Old 6th July 2009, 19:53   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
I have a 19" Viewsonic that just went bad - top part of the screen is not displaying anything. I carried it in to the local service center and they told me to contact the all india toll free number first.

Couldn't get thru to the toll free number so have emailed them now. So much for the on-site warranty.

Seeing this thread was rather scary - ViewSonic seems to be the Skoda of the LCD monitor world!
You have the least possibility of getting a reply to the mail. But if you try again and again you may be able to get connected to the toll free number within few days. I am waiting for my 19" to complete the warranty period in September to buy a 24" from another brand, probably Dell. Last time, it was the franchisee service centre at Cochin who obtained the RMA number for me. (Just due to familiarity over phone during earlier RMA's)
Old 6th July 2009, 19:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

muneeemmk, if you have a dead pixel dead center, you are eligible for RMA , three if its somewhere in the middle, and 5 if they are in the periphery. not sure about what happens if there is a combo of them
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:24   #51
BHPian

I had registered a complaint with Viewsonic for my half dead LCD on the 8th of this month.

They were gracious enough to have someone call my dad after five days and listen to what was wrong (no picture at the top 1/3 part of the screen). They informed him that they will have to replace the LCD panel.

Forget about giving me a tentative date by when they'll rectify the monitor - they haven't even contacted me again.

I then contacted Accel frontline (the service center listed on their website) and found out that Viewsonic apparently has multiple service agencies in town (Lucknow) and my case isn't assigned to Accel.

The website doesn't even list who the other service centers are! Two weeks and no monitor
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

Same old story. They are not responding to my query of replacing a monitor that has developed a ghost image. I am actually spoiling my eyes, its getting that bad.
But Viewsonic is determined not to even consider the case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks