Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2005, 23:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nokia N-Gage

hey guys do anyone of u use an N-Gage?? also if u know where to download softwares and games from...do let me know..
Old 29th April 2005, 23:24   #2
BHPian

hey..karthik..what stuff are you looking for..i have a collection of softwares & games for all nokia series..ngage,6600,7610,7710..etc..it works on all nokia phones with symbian os.so if any one wants any softwares..contact me at freakrz@gmail.com..i ll mail you.
Old 30th April 2005, 02:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey karthik,
Log on to zedge.ne or mobango.com.They have loads of stuff for all the phones.

X
Old 30th April 2005, 07:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

i've got the softwares and games...but i'm not able to use PC suite and without that i can only get file from the comp. to the device memory and not able to get big files...i'm looking to copy files directly into the Memory card...
Old 30th April 2005, 10:48   #5
BHPian

well if you are using the pc suite for nokia ngage..you must be connecting through the bluetooth..did you check the port settings its in the lower right corner near to where time is displayed.you need to select the hardware port..usually com1.then use the installer on the pc suite to install sis files.try installing E selq or Filemanager on the phone first so that you can manage files easily..then you can transfer file from computer directly without pc suite and using file manager you can install easily..
Old 30th April 2005, 11:43   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
i've got the softwares and games...but i'm not able to use PC suite and without that i can only get file from the comp. to the device memory and not able to get big files...i'm looking to copy files directly into the Memory card...
pc suite of the ngage only works with bt. with the serial cable u can only drag drop edit only
Old 4th May 2005, 22:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

yea anyway...i'm fed up with the slow transfers of the BT..so got myself a Card Reader for 600rs..very useful i must say...but then since QD dosen't have a Real Player, i downloaded one but seems to get stuck always..are there any other player with play RM files??
Old 4th May 2005, 23:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Im using the classic Ngage and am sooooo happy with it. I have a couple of Ngage MMC games and other software. www.my-symbian.com also has some good stuff though mobango is the best. just search for symbian software on google
Old 4th May 2005, 23:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Are there any Ngage users here from Mumbai? maybe we can meet up nd play some multiplayer motogp on bluetooth
Old 5th May 2005, 11:20   #10
BHPian

hey guys,
what does the new n gage cost??...and besides gaming is it good as a phone?? what about sms convienence??
waiting for feedback..thanks
Old 5th May 2005, 11:36   #11
BHPian

Anoop, my brother has a ngage QD i was using it for a month or so. Its a good one no doubt. SMS i got used to it in a while. Maybe for a week it'll be a bit difficult but after that it is fine. Had a software problem once but that was fixed under warranty. No issues so far.

He has a real player for playing MP3 and another software i dont know the name but when you get a call, it displays a option in the menu. yuo can choose it and it will play some background noises while you are talking like cinema hall, traffic jam, rain etc., so you can lie to the person you are stuck in a jam while you are at home

One problem now is that the plastic casing surrounding the phone is starting to peel off. That might be because of the way he was handling the phone though. So apart from that its a good phone.

Think it retails for about 8k now. The battery life is also good. But unlike the previous n-gage this does not have stereo speakers but it good nonetheless.
Old 5th May 2005, 11:53   #12
BHPian

great!..ive been thinking about buying it...dont know if its too young looking :-)....will check it out..thanks againg harrie.
Old 5th May 2005, 14:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Anoop a Ngage QD is for around 7.5k and a Ngage was around 8k when I checked. The Ngage has a lot more features than the QD and is definitly more worth it. The Ngage however does not get serviced officially in India and has sidetalking-www.sidetalking.com. I personally love sidetalking but older people find it difficult to use. As for smsing I can sms a lot faster on this phone than a ocnventional one. This phone is great VFM and operates on S60 so the software is the same as a 3650,3660,7610,7650,6600. No camera though but mobile camera qualtiy is pathetic anyways. This phone has everything you need - mp3(company installed unlike the QD),video player,organiser,MMC games,radio etc. www.ngage.com
Old 5th May 2005, 15:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

hey guys...do u have to pay for rigestering in mobango!!?
Old 8th May 2005, 19:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

No Mobango is free though now they have put a limit on the number of thigns you can download in a dya. Premium membership get you acess to unlimited faster downloads

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks