Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 07:01   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Airtel Broadband Query

Guys,

I need some help

I went in for airtel broadband connection since bsnl service was non existant. I have a few questions. Can somebody help

1. The duffer who came to install (i was not at home at that time), has not given the login and password. He has configured it to be connected automatically. How do i get the login and password and more important, how do i change the password.

2. The modem/router they have installed is 450BX1. I have set WPA key. I am able to connect from both my mobile (E51) and office laptop. I gave the key first time but subsequent times it connects automatic. How do i change this so that i am asked to enter the password each time i login. i would want to change my WPA key often and hence the question.

3. Where and how do i check my broadband usage.

thanks for your help. mods, if there is any other thread on the same topic, please do merge

Last edited by bharanidharang : 18th February 2009 at 07:03. Reason: added one more sentence
Old 18th February 2009, 10:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

1. Usually the user name is "City STD code" + "Phone no" like 01141511234 in case of a user from Delhi and password usually is "Password". Try it, it should work

2. Change you password in router, both will ask password once they'll not be able to connect via old password

3. You need to register with MyAirtel, register page link is at homepage.
Old 18th February 2009, 10:20   #3
Team-BHP Support

1) Call up the duffer and find out, account password change will require login into airtel site (atleast thats the way it works with bsnl), then the same password has to be entered into the modem, settings saved and modem restarted.

2) All this is done through the modem set up utility/web page, type in 192.168.1.1 on your browser you should get a login window, and once you enter the user name (admin) and password it will open the modem settings edit window. In this window you can make your changes.

3) Not sure how it works for Airtel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks