Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2009, 23:56   #1
BHPian

Problem in using bluetooth headset with laptop

Hi,

I talk on Skype daily for 2-3 hours, for my ongoing speech-therapy. Using the wired head-set for such long durations is a pain. So I decided to use my Nokia bluetooth headset - BH 101 for this.

Sure enough I found many links on net, advising how to do it. I followed this one - Getting Your Bluetooth Headset to Work in XP | O'Reilly Media

It worked great for the first time. I was able to talk through this headset easily, and there were no issue.

But when I connected my headset for the second time (after reboot), the headset keep on playing a tune. And it did not play any audio from the laptop.

I did everything, unpaired the headset, paired it again; re-installed bluetooth driver, but to no avail. And I haven't been able to find any remedy to this on net.

Any pointers gurus? If you need any more info, let me know.

Cheers

Nitin

Last edited by ntomer : 21st February 2009 at 23:57.
Old 22nd February 2009, 00:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Pairing a BT headset is a pain.
if you want to spend 300/-. I will give you an idea. If you visit Palika. buy a cordless FM head set. I bought recently when i was there. You have to bargain.
Its very easy and comfortable.
Old 22nd February 2009, 09:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Pairing a BT headset is a pain.
if you want to spend 300/-. I will give you an idea. If you visit Palika. buy a cordless FM head set. I bought recently when i was there. You have to bargain.
Its very easy and comfortable.
Thanx for the suggestion SirAlec, but the cordless headphones won't cut it. They are too big, and I can't carry them when I am traveling.

Bluetooth mobile headset is very small, and easy to carry. I will have to make them work :-(

Thanks

Nitin
Old 23rd February 2009, 21:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Please clean registry after unistalling the bluetooth drivers. This might be of some help. Bluetooth has the worst issues of even making the device work.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Just that i noticed, what tune its playing,

Can it be a feedback, (not likely in case of bluetooth headset.
Old 24th February 2009, 12:06   #6
BHPian

The problem is resolved. I was trying out different things, and kept the button on headset pressed for 2 seconds. The tune stepped and it started working with the lappy.

\N

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks